Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:01 am

Thank You

thank you for your efforts Peteropny
Old Nov 28, 2022, 7:27 pm
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
I am fairly new to Hyatt (moving over from Marriott) and am Globalist this year. I had a question on booking 2 rooms simultaneously at a hotel. I understand that I will only earn tier qualifying nights for 1 room. In my case, I have 1 reservation for 6 nights and another for 7 nights. Given that the 6 night reservation ends first, will the system only award me 6 elite nights? Or will I receive a 7th night after the second reservation completes?
Old Jan 30, 2023, 10:30 am

I had status that will be expiring at the end of February. I received an email from Hyatt today informing me that I would be turning into a lowly member (which I knew), but also stating that my points would be expiring because I had not had activity in 24 months.

1) My last account activity was a stay in September 2021. Am I doing the math wrong, or shouldn't this stay extend the points until September 2023? Did losing my status perhaps cause the system to also think that my points should expire?

2) If I do need to keep my account active, can someone confirm that a transfer from Chase Ultimate Rewards would extend the expiration date?
Old Feb 1, 2023, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
World of Hyatt FAQs: General World of Hyatt Program

Will I be required to have activity to keep my World of Hyatt account open?

If a Member’s account is inactive for twenty-four (24) consecutive months, all points in that member’s account will be forfeited at that time, but, subject to the program terms, the member’s account will remain open (with the ability to earn new points thereafter). (Prior to July 1, 2017, members whose accounts were inactive for twenty-four (24) consecutive months had their membership terminated and all points in and awards or benefits associated with that member’s account were forfeited upon termination.)

How can I keep my account active?

You can remain active in World of Hyatt in the following ways:

i. Receive points (earned on eligible stay/spend at a participating Hyatt or MGM Rewards destination, etc.)
ii. Redeem points (free night stays, room upgrades, Dining, Spa & More, Avis car rentals, etc.)
iii. Receive credit with a travel partner or MGM Rewards Tier Credits for a stay at a Hyatt hotel or resort
iv. Gift eligible awards to another member (as permitted under the World of Hyatt terms)
v. Convert points into miles/credit with a travel partner
vi. Purchase points
vii. Combine points with another World of Hyatt member’s account
viii. Have an active Hyatt Credit Card associated with your World of Hyatt account

Please note that, if a member redeems points for an award reservation and either cancels that reservation or does not actually check-in on the appointed date (i.e., no-shows), that will not count as a redemption of points and will not affect the measurement of that member’s World of Hyatt activity.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 4:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I've been with Hyatt for some years, but stopped paying much attention to promotions once I stopped traveling on Other People's Money. Please remind me of current promotions and benefits.

This calendar year, I have one 7-night stay, one 4-night stay, and one 5-night stay. Also, my World of Hyatt personal credit card hit the rolling $5,000 mark, for which I received 2 nights credit. I think that adds up to 18 nights. Hyatt says that I have 23 qualifying nights. To get five more nights, I need to go back to last May. What might I be overlooking? Thanks.

Following each stay (all of which were at a HP or HH), I received 1,000 bonus points on a line showing "HyCard HP/HH 2023 Bonus". I have no recollection of this promotion. What is it? Will it last all year? Does a 1-night stay qualify? Thanks.

I was surprised at having 23 qualifying nights, and it makes me wonder if I should be trying for Explorist or Globalist. Am I recalling correctly that Globalist requires 60 nights? There is no way I can approach that number of nights Butt in Bed, but I could shift spending to a Hyatt credit card. With the personal card, I just got two nights credit; after checking my records, I found that I had just hit a rolling $5,000 spend. Does the business card have a more advantageous earning structure? Thanks.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 6:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Business card gives you 5 EQN for every 10k spend
Old Feb 15, 2023, 12:16 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Thank you for choosing Hyatt. World of Hyatt and Chase Credit card are running a promotion until March 5 2023 where World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can receive 1,000 Points per stay at a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House property, a 2 night minimum length of stay is required.. Please watch your World of Hyatt emails for any Targeted promtions being offered to you. Please contact @Hyattconcierge for assistance.with any of your questions.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 1:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks, PortlySpartacus, for the business card info.
Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
Thank you for choosing Hyatt. World of Hyatt and Chase Credit card are running a promotion until March 5 2023 where World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can receive 1,000 Points per stay at a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House property, a 2 night minimum length of stay is required.[...]
Thanks. I must have missed the announcement, and I'm glad I received the points.

Originally Posted by serpens
[...]
This calendar year, I have one 7-night stay, one 4-night stay, and one 5-night stay. Also, my World of Hyatt personal credit card hit the rolling $5,000 mark, for which I received 2 nights credit. I think that adds up to 18 nights. Hyatt says that I have 23 qualifying nights. [...]
Any idea where I got the extra five nights? And how I could do it again?
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:49 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by serpens

Any idea where I got the extra five nights? And how I could do it again?
Those of us with the Hyatt personal credit card are given 5 nights at the start of each year.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 12:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Those of us with the Hyatt personal credit card are given 5 nights at the start of each year.
Well, duh. Once upon a time, I knew that. Chalk that one up to a senior moment.

Thank you.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Quick question.

Had a 2 night-Prive stay that cost a total of 500 USD (ish, ~250USD/night after tax), but at the bottom of the receipt it says "Eligible Spend: 300 USD" (again, ~ish). What's the reason for the discrepancy? The 300 USD is also lower than the pre-tax rate, so that can't be it. I got points equal to the 300 USD "eligible spend".

It also says "Redemption Eligble: -16" at the bottom, whatever that might mean.
Old May 4, 2023, 5:45 am

Programs: AA, UA.
Brand Explorer

Is Small Luxury hotel is one of the brand in Brand Explorer?
Akyra Manor Chiang Mai list as Small Luxury hotels.
Thanks
Old May 4, 2023, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by moon4fun
Is Small Luxury hotel is one of the brand in Brand Explorer?
Akyra Manor Chiang Mai list as Small Luxury hotels.
Thanks
Nope
Old Jun 16, 2023, 2:21 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Given this post, it doesn't seem like transfering UR is qualifying activity.

Is there a cheaper way than buying 2000 Hyatt pts? I think member to member transfer has a charge as well.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Given this post, it doesn't seem like transfering UR is qualifying activity.

Is there a cheaper way than buying 2000 Hyatt pts? I think member to member transfer has a charge as well.
Are you referring to sending Hyatt points from one Hyatt Member to another Hyatt Member?

If so...

transferring points from one member to another member does not have any charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.