Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by peteropny
Currently, as long as a rate is "eligible" for stay credit / points - it's eligible for the Gx bonus. What we do is option 2 and/or 3 in your list to get the bonus. Rates are not adjusted.
How do you tell if a rate is points eligible? I booked at the COSTCO Standard Rate for Andaz Wall Street. Is this rate eligible for points and Gx bonus?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crescidp
How do you tell if a rate is points eligible? I booked at the COSTCO Standard Rate for Andaz Wall Street. Is this rate eligible for points and Gx bonus?
Yes - Costco rate booked directly with Hyatt is eligible. In general terms, most rates booked directly with Hyatt are eligible (with possible exception of Travelzoo rates).

Most rates not booked directly with Hyatt (except for corporate rates booked through corporate agents, AMEX FHR, and possibly Virtuoso) are not eligible (be it a site that discloses property like Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz or opaque like Priceline / Hotwire).

If your reservation is prepaid to the third party agent - it will not be eligible.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:15 pm

Earn Miles

Hello everybody, I'm new to the program and sorry for the maybe FAQ but I've been going trough the forum and I didn't seem to find a clear answe.

I was looking at this page:
http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...with_hyatt.jsp

And I don't understand how the "500 miles per stay" works:
  • Do I get 500 miles per each stay plus my Hyatt points; or,
  • I get 500 miles plus the miles I'd get if I chose to convert to miles the point I'd earn if I converted that stay to miles; or,
  • I have to choose between converting the points to equivalent miles or getting the 500 miles?

I hope was able to explain myself!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

First off please allow me to welcome you to Flyertalk and our Hyatt forum andeamonni.

Now ton answer your question, you get either 500 airline miles per stay OR Hyatt points (unlike Hilton where you can get some of both). In order to get airline miles you need to present your airline FF number at checkin each time. However, it is possible, likely if it's a Hyatt Place, that it would still post as points. If it does and you'd rather have the miles, just call Hyatt CS to have it converted.

If you choose miles, you will not be entitled to any bonus point promo running - known as Gx around here. Most of us here usually take points unless there is a really goof miles bonus promo going on (there isn't right now).
Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA
This has probably already been answered...but I was unable to find it. What exactly is the "food and beverage amenity" provided by the Platinum Extra certificate? Is it just a one time food and beverage on arrival or something you have daily access to? I'll be staying at the Hyatt in Singapore, so I don't think I can get a regency club upgrade.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by txrandom
This has probably already been answered...but I was unable to find it. What exactly is the "food and beverage amenity" provided by the Platinum Extra certificate? Is it just a one time food and beverage on arrival or something you have daily access to? I'll be staying at the Hyatt in Singapore, so I don't think I can get a regency club upgrade.
Yes it is a one time f & b amenity - I'm not sure what the amenity would be at GH SIN since the usual Diamond amenity is a box of 9 chocolates.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:53 am
Used to be hamajicky

Just so I understand this: "You cannot earn more than 1 stay credit per night no matter how many rooms you pay for (you will earn the points for multiple rooms if you are paying for them)"

I have two rooms booked at the SF Embarcadero in July for three nights. My understanding from peteropny's post is that I will get GP points for the total amount of the charge, but only get 1 stay credit? How many night credits will I get? Three or six?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hamajicky
Just so I understand this: "You cannot earn more than 1 stay credit per night no matter how many rooms you pay for (you will earn the points for multiple rooms if you are paying for them)"

I have two rooms booked at the SF Embarcadero in July for three nights. My understanding from peteropny's post is that I will get GP points for the total amount of the charge, but only get 1 stay credit? How many night credits will I get? Three or six?
Correct - points for the total amount of charges - 1 stay credit - 3 night credit.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:09 pm
Used to be hamajicky

peteropny, thanks so much for all your help on this board. i can tell by your involvement that a lot of questions would go unanswered without your help.

i recently made platinum (big accomplishment, i know). i got the Platinum Extras Award certificate in my account and my next stay is at the Andaz 5th--what's the best way to make use of it there? or should i wait and use it at my next stay after that at the HR D.C.?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hamajicky
peteropny, thanks so much for all your help on this board. i can tell by your involvement that a lot of questions would go unanswered without your help.

i recently made platinum (big accomplishment, i know). i got the Platinum Extras Award certificate in my account and my next stay is at the Andaz 5th--what's the best way to make use of it there? or should i wait and use it at my next stay after that at the HR D.C.?
I'm assuming that since you just made Plat that the cert in question won't give you Regency club upgrade. If this is the case then the Andaz should give you a better F&B amenity although I don't know what it would be since my stay there was on my partner's birthday and we got a big cake and bottle of decent champagne which is way beyond the standard F&B amenity. You could just choose the 1,000 point option though for the cert that doesn't have to be tied to any stay.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
Travelzoo rates

I just asked and got the response from Gold Passport Concierge that Travelzoo rates are not eligible rates, which seems to contradict the FAQ.

Can someone shed more light on this one?

Thanks,
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JT_BOS
I just asked and got the response from Gold Passport Concierge that Travelzoo rates are not eligible rates, which seems to contradict the FAQ.

Can someone shed more light on this one?

Thanks,
It doesn't really contradict - since the FAQs state that GP Execs are aware of the issue. There is usually a work around since the rate is often in the "special offers" section of the property which does not use the TRVLZ code anyways. It's also a YMMV issue even with the code.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Is there a list of hotels that have a Regency Club that is closed over the weekends? I keep staying in the California Bay Area and try to have nights at the Santa Clara HR as its club is closed on weekends and on Monday. But the SFO one told me on the phone that their club is open throughout the weekend.
How does one find out which hotels' club do close over the weekend without calling each and every one of them?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Is there a list of hotels that have a Regency Club that is closed over the weekends? I keep staying in the California Bay Area and try to have nights at the Santa Clara HR as its club is closed on weekends and on Monday. But the SFO one told me on the phone that their club is open throughout the weekend.
How does one find out which hotels' club do close over the weekend without calling each and every one of them?
No official list, AFAIK. There's a thread that was started last year to compile such a list:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...sed-clubs.html

But as you can see, it's not been updated in a while.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
What are “eligible” charges?

I am fairly new to Hyatt. Last time I stayed in Andaz 5th Avenue, they only awarded partial points for incidentals. I had meal in the restaurant and billed to the room. When I called customer service, the rep explained that only charges for meal and soft drinks are eligible for points, but not alcohol drinks, tips and taxes. Anyone has experience with this? Although the rep then proceeds to award points for all charges, I would like to know if this is a true statement for my future stays.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.