Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2013, 5:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by keirnna
I just finished my 25th stay this year and thought this would extend my diamond status until 2015 but my account still says Tier Expiration: 28 Feb 2014. What gives?
The online status doesn't update until Feb of next year. You should be getting a new card shortly though.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 7:37 pm

Avis Points

Do Avis points count towards the activity requirement for points not to expire? I haven't had a stay at Hyatt for about 9 months but have had Avis points post to my account and want to make sure my points don't expire.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by alluu
Do Avis points count towards the activity requirement for points not to expire? I haven't had a stay at Hyatt for about 9 months but have had Avis points post to my account and want to make sure my points don't expire.
You mean Avis posting as Hyatt points? If so, then yes it will extend your Hyatt points another 12 months.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:38 am
Original Poster

While Hyatt T&Cs call for activity in the account in 1 year or the points may expire, in reality they don't expire the points, many have reported that accounts that have been inactive several years are intact. Of course they could change the practice and expire points in the future.

My standard advice is that unless you have a significant balance in your account, say 15,000 points - 1 night in category 4, don't worry about it.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
You mean Avis posting as Hyatt points? If so, then yes it will extend your Hyatt points another 12 months.
Originally Posted by peteropny
While Hyatt T&Cs call for activity in the account in 1 year or the points may expire, in reality they don't expire the points, many have reported that accounts that have been inactive several years are intact. Of course they could change the practice and expire points in the future.

My standard advice is that unless you have a significant balance in your account, say 15,000 points - 1 night in category 4, don't worry about it.

Yes - I meant the 300 Hyatt points for rentals through Avis. I have about 150,000 Hyatt points so although I have read that points have not expired I don't really want to run the risk. I've been staying at SPG hotels this year and just traveling less so I was hoping that the points I get through Avis rentals would count as activity.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Yes - I meant the 300 Hyatt points for rentals through Avis. I have about 150,000 Hyatt points so although I have read that points have not expired I don't really want to run the risk. I've been staying at SPG hotels this year and just traveling less so I was hoping that the points I get through Avis rentals would count as activity.
Yes it would count. And I would probably worry also if I had 150,000 points "at risk".
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If your activity level is that low... it's probably a lot better to use those points instead of just prolonging their life. A devaluation is coming, it's just a question of when it will happen.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
If your activity level is that low... it's probably a lot better to use those points instead of just prolonging their life. A devaluation is coming, it's just a question of when it will happen.
+1. If you're busy, book em' for friends and family. You'll regret it when a night at the Maldives is 45K a night as opposed to 22K right now...
Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:05 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
How do i tell if parking would be eligible to earn points? The terms and conditions says "while parking rarely is" eligible...

In particular I'm looking at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in Virginia.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RedElmo
How do i tell if parking would be eligible to earn points? The terms and conditions says "while parking rarely is" eligible...

In particular I'm looking at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in Virginia.
If the parking is contracted out (separate entity operates the parking either self or valet), then it is not eligible. Very few parking charges are eligible.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Quick question... If staying on an award, should I not still get points for the incidentals on the folio? I know I do not get stay credit or room points, but I thought that I still should get the 1,000 points welcome amenity and credit for incidentals.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Quick question... If staying on an award, should I not still get points for the incidentals on the folio? I know I do not get stay credit or room points, but I thought that I still should get the 1,000 points welcome amenity and credit for incidentals.
Yes on both -just no points on the room or stay credit.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Didnt Hyatt institute something like a bonus for not getting the diamond amenity bonus points when the stay credits to your account. Like I did not get my 500 points for a stay at a Hyatt Place. Didnt they give you 1000 bonus points on top of 500 points. Is that true?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by naroowal
Didnt Hyatt institute something like a bonus for not getting the diamond amenity bonus points when the stay credits to your account. Like I did not get my 500 points for a stay at a Hyatt Place. Didnt they give you 1000 bonus points on top of 500 points. Is that true?
Yes there is a bonus but not that generous. For limited service Hyatt Place and Hyatt House properties you get 750 rather than the usual 500 while at full service properties it's 1500 rather than the usual 1000.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by peteropny
Yes there is a bonus but not that generous. For limited service Hyatt Place and Hyatt House properties you get 750 rather than the usual 500 while at full service properties it's 1500 rather than the usual 1000.
Yes, for bonuses that don't post you get (a total of) 150% of the bonus posted retroactively.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.