Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Quick question, didn't find it in a a search, but if I book a room one level down from Club room will I get upgraded to a Club room or does a club room count as a different category?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:10 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IADtoWhere
Quick question, didn't find it in a a search, but if I book a room one level down from Club room will I get upgraded to a Club room or does a club room count as a different category?
Your profile doesn't specify your status at Hyatt or where you are getting the idea of a 1 category upgrade. Generally, if you're Diamond, you'll most likely get Club access if not a room on the Club level even if you book the lowest category. If you're not Diamond, you're not likely to get Club access / upgrade for "free" unless its in conjunction with some other program like Virtuoso or AMEX FHR.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Originally Posted by peteropny
Your profile doesn't specify your status at Hyatt or where you are getting the idea of a 1 category upgrade. Generally, if you're Diamond, you'll most likely get Club access if not a room on the Club level even if you book the lowest category. If you're not Diamond, you're not likely to get Club access / upgrade for "free" unless its in conjunction with some other program like Virtuoso or AMEX FHR.
Sorry forgot to to mention Platinum status.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IADtoWhere
Sorry forgot to to mention Platinum status.
Platinums do not get upgraded to Club level unless you have one of the Platinum Extras Certs that has as an option upgrade to Club level. Booking category does not matter.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Hey peteropny,

Just wondering about this: eg. If I stay Sat Sun Mon, and the Gx bonus is only valid Sun-Thurs, will I be eligible for the Gx bonus? Or is it not applicable because I start on the Sat. I know other posts have said it depends on check out date?

Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2010, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peachy3
Hey peteropny,

Just wondering about this: eg. If I stay Sat Sun Mon, and the Gx bonus is only valid Sun-Thurs, will I be eligible for the Gx bonus? Or is it not applicable because I start on the Sat. I know other posts have said it depends on check out date?

Thanks!
Yes you're eligible.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by danger
I'm at the Grand Hyatt in Melbourne now. On arriving in my room I was greeted with a bottle of red wine - but no food amenity. I was ready to make a polite note of it on the guest comment card but decided to check the HGP T&Cs first. I was startled to read:
7. . . . at Hyatt properties outside of North America and Park Hyatt hotels worldwide, a Food or Beverage amenity will be provided . . . [emphasis added]
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a recent change? I was of the impression that it was a food and beverage amenity. This has certainly be experience at other Hyatt properties outside the US and Canada this year.

(I'm aware that peteropny's post refers to domestic properties but I didn't see anywhere else in his first post that refers to non-domestic properties.)
More confusion (for me, at least). This page , at footnote 4, says food and beverage amenity.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:28 am

Earn stay for family member booking?

Hi, I am very new to this program, so parden for my ignorance, I have a basic question -- if I book a hotel stay for someone family member and I am not able to show up to check in with them, will I still get the credit for the stay? If so, should I put down my name as the Guess information during the reservation (after log-in with my GP account) or theirs?

Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by susieling
Hi, I am very new to this program, so parden for my ignorance, I have a basic question -- if I book a hotel stay for someone family member and I am not able to show up to check in with them, will I still get the credit for the stay? If so, should I put down my name as the Guess information during the reservation (after log-in with my GP account) or theirs?

Thanks
No - you only get credit for the stay when you physically check-in.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
All revenue stays booked directly with Hyatt (on hyatt.com) are eligible
Is it safe to say that all revenue stays booked with Hyatt over the phone are also eligible? I have a conference rate that needs to be booked directly with Hyatt's 800 number or a link that redirects to a passkey.com site.

Passkey is a fairly common convention hotel booker. For what it's worth, their site collects billing information but also lets you enter a GP number.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by gatelouse
Is it safe to say that all revenue stays booked with Hyatt over the phone are also eligible? I have a conference rate that needs to be booked directly with Hyatt's 800 number or a link that redirects to a passkey.com site.

Passkey is a fairly common convention hotel booker. For what it's worth, their site collects billing information but also lets you enter a GP number.
A couple months ago, I booked a convention-related stay at the HR Santa Clara via a Passkey.com redirect. As far as I can tell, it counted as an eligible stay in all respects.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta- AA- Hyatt Diamond - SPG
Thumbs up Props for the GP program

(No I don't work for Hyatt)

I have to say the properties and the GP program are fantastic. I have been Diamond for quite awhile and that helps, but you can not beat it.

Awhile back (8 months) I looked into leaving the Hyatt family because of a lapse in service (they fixed it expertly a week or so later) durring that time I searched endlessly for another chain, several even offered to match my status. Although I did only spend a few nights at other properties because the bookings were made when Hyatt and I were on a split, I still feel comfortable saying nothing compares. The level of service and the Regency clubs (Denver GH, Orlando G Cypress, DC) are amazing.

I just left another great Hyatt experience last weekend and had to tell someone.
^

Last edited by ggggameeee; Oct 4, 2010 at 1:59 pm Reason: Mistaken smily
Old Oct 5, 2010, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trainman74
A couple months ago, I booked a convention-related stay at the HR Santa Clara via a Passkey.com redirect. As far as I can tell, it counted as an eligible stay in all respects.
Convention rates are YMMV as far as eligibility issues.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:29 pm

Really hope someone can help me with my decision for my upcoming family trip (4 adults):

I need 2 rooms for 6 nights in Tokyo and saw the interesting TYO304 offer (see Hyatt Regency Tokyo Master Thread).

My questions:

If I book this prepaid rate at the Hyatt Regency will I get the points? Does it count for the 10k from the "Great" Promotion?

Do I get the 5 points per 1$ for the final bill of both rooms (incl. tax)?

And more important: I want to match my HH Gold Status to Hyatt Diamond, already got the offer for a 60day trial membership. If I book the rooms now (I have to because it can only be booked till 18 Oct.) and later get the match will it count for my reservation?

Can I expect the "real" Diamond treatment if this is my first stay after matching and during the 60 day trial?

Do I get the suite upgrades for the trial diamond membership? And if yes, can I use them for one or both rooms (or is the TYO304 plan excluded?)?

Is the breakfast as diamond for each registered guest? If I have two rooms they will either upgrade both to Club OR give both breakfast or is there a chance that they will upgrade only one and nothing for the second room...?

I mean I could use my corporate code for the Hilton (nearly same rate), but compared to the guaranteed Diamond benefits and the room design the Hilton really doesnt stand a chance with their basic rooms. Furthermore I had very bad experiences with upgrades for long stays, multiple rooms and when using corporate codes...really I will switch to Hyatt if I have a good stay at the HR Tokyo.

Thank you for any help.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

It has been debated whether or not the TYO304 is considered an eligible rate for points / stay credit.

If it doesn't - your other questions are moot.

If it does - the answers to all are yes with the possible exception of getting the status perks for the 2nd room since that is really up to the property (it is not called for in the T&Cs).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.