Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Hyatt FAQs & Tutorial on Getting Hyatt Points - PLEASE READ

Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:52 pm

points for connecting room

Hello,

We just got back from a great stay at the Hyatt Maui Regency. I have a basic question here, as someone new to Gold Passport. I booked a connecting room for my 3 children (ages 3,3,5). In addition to the room charges, we ran up various restaurant charges on both rooms (forgetting which one to write down). Should I expect points and/or stay credit for the adjoining room? It was the only way to accomodate our family in the available rooms. Thanks, Jason
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:30 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Points - if you booked the connecting room under the "family plan", I believe that you do not get points for the room itself. For incidentals, I'd keep the folio and if the points for those don't post, then you can ask GP CS to take that into account and adjust the points accordingly.

Stay credit - you won't get that since you only get stay credit for one room.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
Thumbs up

Thanks for this. You know more than the hotel. On the Hyatt Passport line, they said I could dine without staying and get pts. At the hotel I was going to for lunch, they said they weren't sure, but they didn't think so. Wow, I found my answer with just a few clicks on flyertalk, thanks to you and Carol At least I know that I will have to stay an overnight to preserve my pts.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Apologies in advance if this has already been explained, but after reading the entire thread I may have missed it, so here goes...

I am planning on using 6,000 GP Points for a suite upgrade at an Andaz property and was told by GP customer service on the phone that I can't use points to upgrade when booking the AAA rate. The AAA rate is considerably less than the Andaz rate but I am still willing to book at the higher rate in order to obtain the suite upgrade.

My question is, if there is a GP promo (GP2500) associated with the hotel and dates of my stay, can I book the higher rate, use my 6,000 points for the suite upgrade and still obtain the GP promo points? Should I do this in advance or as I've seen mentioned on here already, just mention the promo code at check in?

I assume as a Plat and not a Diamond member that using the 6,000 points for the upgrade is my only option, and that it would be unlikely to get upgraded to a suite based on my membership level.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 7:24 am
Original Poster

You are correct using points for a suite upgrade does require higher rate which would still entitle you to any Gx bonus. Also as plat without suite upgrade confirmed extremely unlikely you'll get a suite free - not likely for diamonds either.

I just saw that you were talking about GP2500 and not Gx, I'd think you would still be ok. The LA Andaz doesn't really upgrade to suites for free.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; Bonvoy Platinum
Thanks for the clarifications, I really appreciate it.

Do you know why the GP website has the option to book suite upgrades using points, but when you click on it, the next page it directs you to is the booking page for free nights using points? Am I missing something or do you have to call to use points for booking suite upgrades?

By the way, since you appear to be familiar with the Andaz West Hollywood, is there a particular suite worth requesting when using the points upgrade or are they all basically the same?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by touringuy
Thanks for the clarifications, I really appreciate it.

Do you know why the GP website has the option to book suite upgrades using points, but when you click on it, the next page it directs you to is the booking page for free nights using points? Am I missing something or do you have to call to use points for booking suite upgrades?

By the way, since you appear to be familiar with the Andaz West Hollywood, is there a particular suite worth requesting when using the points upgrade or are they all basically the same?
I wasn't even aware of the first option exists to book a suite without calling - I usually just email my Private Line Agent. I'll have to investigate if further.

The suites are all basically the same - 2 on each (well maybe most) floors at the ends. The suites consist of a very spacious "living room" and a smaller bedroom (they were combined from 2 rooms after the renovation since I think they realized they needed to have more suites than the Sunset Suite (presidential one). Each suite also has 2 full baths (both showers though). Eastern end would have very slightly better views towards downtown LA. If you are staying over a Fri / Sat night, the most important thing to me would be to be as high up as possible due to the noise from the "partiers" on Sunset Strip right outside the hotel. Be aware though that this is not a particularly quite hotel. Once we were awoken around 2 AM by some drunk "boys" swearing and wrestling in the hallway.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gld, SPG Gld, Hyatt, PC, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by peteropny
No need to be requested at time of booking - request Gx at checkin/out at the property - and if it doesn't post still call Customer Service.
peteropny, I am new to this forum, but learned a lot by reading your posting and others. Since no status match is offerred right now, I will have to start from 0. But I heard lots of good things about Hyatt, I am ready for it.

From what understood from the posts, I can get the Gx bonus at 1) booking by using the code; 2) at check in/check out by asking; or 3) after the base points posted by calling the CSR. However, when I search for the rates for a property with a Gx code, I got higher rates (three identical rates for three different room types) than the other rates. The "Hyatt.com Rate" and "Hyatt Daily Rate" were two of the lower rates displayed on the same page. My question is: do I have to choose one of higher "Gx rate" to qualify the Gx bonus? If that is true and I select the lower rate to book, but do the option 2 or 3 above trying to get the bonus later, will my rate be adjusted to the "Gx rate"?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lv2vl
From what understood from the posts, I can get the Gx bonus at 1) booking by using the code; 2) at check in/check out by asking; or 3) after the base points posted by calling the CSR. However, when I search for the rates for a property with a Gx code, I got higher rates (three identical rates for three different room types) than the other rates. The "Hyatt.com Rate" and "Hyatt Daily Rate" were two of the lower rates displayed on the same page. My question is: do I have to choose one of higher "Gx rate" to qualify the Gx bonus? If that is true and I select the lower rate to book, but do the option 2 or 3 above trying to get the bonus later, will my rate be adjusted to the "Gx rate"?
Currently, as long as a rate is "eligible" for stay credit / points - it's eligible for the Gx bonus. What we do is option 2 and/or 3 in your list to get the bonus. Rates are not adjusted.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, PC Platinum, FPC Lifetime Plat ;)
can you earn 1W and DN on Award Stays?

I'm a newly minted Diamond member and was trying to figure out if I can get my Diamond Amenity (1W) and Regency Club Closure Compensation (DN) points while I'm on an award stay? Searched around but couldn't find anything.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richardchsu
I'm a newly minted Diamond member and was trying to figure out if I can get my Diamond Amenity (1W) and Regency Club Closure Compensation (DN) points while I'm on an award stay? Searched around but couldn't find anything.
Definitely yes on 1W and I believe also a yes on DN - however, if your folio is $0, it won't post automatically.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, PC Platinum, FPC Lifetime Plat ;)
Originally Posted by peteropny
Definitely yes on 1W and I believe also a yes on DN - however, if your folio is $0, it won't post automatically.
That's pretty amazing... considering Category 1 full service hotels like the Hyatt Regency Dallas are only 5000GP for a night. Even Category 2 hotels, which I guess are smaller business type full service hotels, with 1W and DN a quick one night stay when the RC is closed is only 1500GP for category 1 and 4500GP for category 2. That's pretty darn slick! I'm loving Hyatts more and more.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richardchsu
That's pretty amazing... considering Category 1 full service hotels like the Hyatt Regency Dallas are only 5000GP for a night. Even Category 2 hotels, which I guess are smaller business type full service hotels, with 1W and DN a quick one night stay when the RC is closed is only 1500GP for category 1 and 4500GP for category 2. That's pretty darn slick! I'm loving Hyatts more and more.
Be aware that DN only applies if there is "usually" a RC at the property and it's either closed or you are denied access - doesn't apply if the property doesn't have an operating RC (I would say that most actually do not).
Old Feb 15, 2011, 7:07 pm

direct bill and points

If someone could point me in the right direction if already posted..
An upcoming stay will be direct-billed to the company. I am uessing no points for me. If I incur incidentals, will only the points off the incidentals post? Is there a way to get the points for this stay? Or would I have to pay up front and get reimbursed for the points to kick in?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 9:33 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by trailblazer1229
If someone could point me in the right direction if already posted..
An upcoming stay will be direct-billed to the company. I am uessing no points for me. If I incur incidentals, will only the points off the incidentals post? Is there a way to get the points for this stay? Or would I have to pay up front and get reimbursed for the points to kick in?
The Hyatt Gold Passport Terms and Conditions clearly state:

In order for a Hyatt Gold Passport member to receive Hyatt Gold Passport points, the bill for eligible charges must be in that member's name and member must personally pay for all charges.
You can expect points to be awarded for any incidentals you personally pay for, but not room charges that are direct-billed to your company. If you want the points, you must pay yourself and optionally get reimbursed later.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.