Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:09 pm

I called a few weeks ago when I reached the 5 nights for Plat to confirm what I needed for Diamond and was told that needed 10 more nights (total of 15) would get me there. Just hit that so should see if I get diamond in the next few days when I log into my account or whether it will need a call to GP.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by doodley
So I signed up for this promotion around mid-April, and was awarded instant Platinum. Within a week, I had fulfilled the 5 night requirement to retain Platinum status through 2/2012, which is currently reflected on my account.

If I accumulate 15 nights by the end of the original 180-day period, would I also receive Diamond status through 2/2012?
Well, you will make it to level 12 after 15 nights in Hyattville. Also, don't forget to check your gift basket for some extra special desert items for your Regencyville clubs.

You were asking about the fantasy role playing game, Hyattville, right?

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jun 4, 2010 at 5:04 am
Old Jun 4, 2010, 5:30 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by doodley
So I signed up for this promotion around mid-April, and was awarded instant Platinum. Within a week, I had fulfilled the 5 night requirement to retain Platinum status through 2/2012, which is currently reflected on my account.

If I accumulate 15 nights by the end of the original 180-day period, would I also receive Diamond status through 2/2012?
Yes.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:46 am

Is Hyatt being foolish?

My wife wrote identical emails to Hyatt and Marriott recently, asking to be immediately upgraded to the highest elite status within their respective program. She explained that she would be returning to work in a management consultancy after taking extended maternity leave, and her new company would be sending her on a project that requires her to travel to Singapore every month for the next year, staying 2 to 3 weeks each time.

She is indifferent whether she would stay at Hyatt or Marriott; both hotels offer identical corporate rates for her company and are literally a stone's throw from each other at Orchard Road.

She wanted the highest elite category because it would provide lounge access and bonus points from the moment she starts her business travels, and avoid having to accumulate status towards the highest tier during the first few weeks of her stay. Basically the chain that obliges will get her business for ALL her coming travels... which will work out to be rather lucrative for the chain that has the foresight to do so.

The extent of Hyatt dragged their feet was quite astounding. At first they requested her to present evidence of her current highest elite status with another hotel chain. She explained that she has none, since she was on extended maternity leave for 4 years. Hyatt then flatly denied her request with a haughty statement that its highest elite status is "the keystone to our awards program, we may not offer it to our members unless they meet either the stay or night criteria or complete the one-time tier match".

Marriott however (presumably, recognizing the lucrative business from her stays over the coming year) immediately upgraded her to Platinum. So Marriott Singapore will be getting her 200+ nights' stay over the coming year, and not one stay will go to Hyatt. I can only congratulate Marriott for having foresight and business acumen.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
My wife wrote identical emails to Hyatt and Marriott recently, asking to be immediately upgraded to the highest elite status within their respective program. She explained that she would be returning to work in a management consultancy after taking extended maternity leave, and her new company would be sending her on a project that requires her to travel to Singapore every month for the next year, staying 2 to 3 weeks each time.

She is indifferent whether she would stay at Hyatt or Marriott; both hotels offer identical corporate rates for her company and are literally a stone's throw from each other at Orchard Road.

She wanted the highest elite category because it would provide lounge access and bonus points from the moment she starts her business travels, and avoid having to accumulate status towards the highest tier during the first few weeks of her stay. Basically the chain that obliges will get her business for ALL her coming travels... which will work out to be rather lucrative for the chain that has the foresight to do so.

The extent of Hyatt dragged their feet was quite astounding. At first they requested her to present evidence of her current highest elite status with another hotel chain. She explained that she has none, since she was on extended maternity leave for 4 years. Hyatt then flatly denied her request with a haughty statement that its highest elite status is "the keystone to our awards program, we may not offer it to our members unless they meet either the stay or night criteria or complete the one-time tier match".

Marriott however (presumably, recognizing the lucrative business from her stays over the coming year) immediately upgraded her to Platinum. So Marriott Singapore will be getting her 200+ nights' stay over the coming year, and not one stay will go to Hyatt. I can only congratulate Marriott for having foresight and business acumen.
Hyatt's Diamond status provides a lot of benefits...its meant to be given AFTER you have stayed 25 times or 50 nights.

People stay 50 NIGHTS before getting hyatt diamond.

Why do you feel you should be granted it with 0 nights??? Isn't that unfair to other Diamonds, including myself?

What Marriott did was simply offer you a challenge (Platinum for 3 months).

If you agreed to book the nights with Hyatt at a non-refundable rate, I could see Hyatt bending the rules and giving you Diamond. But otherwise?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by bmw303
Hyatt's Diamond status provides a lot of benefits...its meant to be given AFTER you have stayed 25 times or 50 nights.

People stay 50 NIGHTS before getting hyatt diamond.

Why do you feel you should be granted it with 0 nights??? Isn't that unfair to other Diamonds, including myself?

What Marriott did was simply offer you a challenge (Platinum for 3 months).

If you agreed to book the nights with Hyatt at a non-refundable rate, I could see Hyatt bending the rules and giving you Diamond. But otherwise?

So you're saying I shouldn't have been status matched to Diamond from lowly Marriott Silver because "it's unfair to you?"
Old Jun 5, 2010, 8:21 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarriottHotelsFan
So you're saying I shouldn't have been status matched to Diamond from lowly Marriott Silver because "it's unfair to you?"
You had Silver at Marriott which is 10 nights - if they were individual nights it meets Hyatt's criteria of 10 stays in the past year to be status matched to Diamond - so that's within the parameters of the program. The prior poster's wife simply said that she wanted status because she was going to be staying a lot of nights in the future without any current status anywhere - that's very different than a status match - anybody can say that they'll be staying a lot of nights in the future - some will and some won't - so I support Hyatt denying Diamond status since they don't have a challenge / fasttrack program in place currently.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
You had Silver at Marriott which is 10 nights - if they were individual nights it meets Hyatt's criteria of 10 stays in the past year to be status matched to Diamond - so that's within the parameters of the program. The prior poster's wife simply said that she wanted status because she was going to be staying a lot of nights in the future without any current status anywhere - that's very different than a status match - anybody can say that they'll be staying a lot of nights in the future - some will and some won't - so I support Hyatt denying Diamond status since they don't have a challenge / fasttrack program in place currently.
Then, maybe to the prior poster, have his wife stay once or twice with Marriott, then get matched to Hyatt.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
Wow! Hyatty match diamond from marriott silver? (no offense!)
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Is it me, or is the number of people who threatens with the line "I am going to give XXX hotel chain with XXX nights of business now because you didn't do certain XXX favours for me" getting more and more?

I think if Hyatt grants you Diamond without any nights, then they are doing this out of generosity. If they don't grant you Diamond... well then tough luck! They have the rights not to do so. Wake up! They are not the one at fault.

Imagine if the Club Lounge is filled with all these people who complains about every little thing that doesn't go in their way...

Last edited by kuponuts; Jun 5, 2010 at 7:35 pm
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by kuponuts
Is it me, or is the number of bigoted people who threatens with the line "I am going to give XXX hotel chain with XXX nights of business now because you didn't do certain XXX favours for me" getting more and more?

I think if Hyatt grants you Diamond without any nights, then they are doing this out of generosity. If they don't grant you Diamond... well then tough luck! They have the rights not to do so. Wake up! They are not the one at fault.

Imagine if the Club Lounge is filled with all these bigoted people who complains about every little thing that doesn't go in their way...
+1 I have found Hyatt to be very generous to me though, didn't have to ask more than once, got Diamond until 2011. Asked once more, was told no, but got it until 2012. I am grateful, and so very glad they did this, but people who like take it out on them because they don't deserve status when they think they do is not right, the status matching terms are clear and simple. Other than status matching and possibly if you have rooms booked, they should not just give you status.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
+1 I have found Hyatt to be very generous to me though, didn't have to ask more than once, got Diamond until 2011. Asked once more, was told no, but got it until 2012. I am grateful, and so very glad they did this, but people who like take it out on them because they don't deserve status when they think they do is not right, the status matching terms are clear and simple. Other than status matching and possibly if you have rooms booked, they should not just give you status.
I would also like to tell a little story of mine.

Thanks to Hyatt's Platinum & Diamond trial offer, three of my family members are now Diamond members. We find Hyatt very generous -- so generous that I suggested my sister (4th family member) to join as well. But by the time I mentioned this to my sister, the Platinum & Diamond trial offer has already finished. Yet I didn't blame Hyatt at all. I suggested to my sister that if she wants to become a Diamond member, she will need to do 25 stays -- just like everybody else.

If I am crazy enough, maybe I should threaten Hyatt either to give my sister the Diamond membership or else all my family members will give their business to SPG?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:35 am

If I am crazy enough, maybe I should threaten Hyatt either to give my sister the Diamond membership or else all my family members will give their business to SPG?
Now, I found SPG to be very stingy. They didn't even respond to my emails until I sent like 5 and waited like two weeks. Then they said I need Marriott Gold status, when I have 36 nights @ silver, when that's almost enough for Platinum and definitely enough for Gold. I told them Hyatt was much nicer, and they will have my business.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 10:47 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by carrotjuice

I don't doubt that any hotel chain would want to attract someone who is going to stay 200 nights in a year. But there seems to be no way for the hotel to verify the accuracy of your wife's claim. (Perhaps making non-refundable reservations, as another poster suggested, would be one way.) If anyone could get Diamond just by writing a letter, I think plenty of people, FTers included, would lie just to get it. Can't really fault Hyatt here. JMHO.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 2:29 pm

Is it me, or is the number of people who threatens with the line "I am going to give XXX hotel chain with XXX nights of business now because you didn't do certain XXX favours for me" getting more and more?

Imagine if the Club Lounge is filled with all these people who complains about every little thing that doesn't go in their way...

Originally Posted by nnn
I don't doubt that any hotel chain would want to attract someone who is going to stay 200 nights in a year. But there seems to be no way for the hotel to verify the accuracy of your wife's claim. (Perhaps making non-refundable reservations, as another poster suggested, would be one way.) If anyone could get Diamond just by writing a letter, I think plenty of people, FTers included, would lie just to get it. Can't really fault Hyatt here. JMHO.
Very well said, both of you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.