Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2010, 3:04 pm

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
Quick question. I was a GP-Platinum through the Continental President's Plus card. Wrote to customer service asking for TRIALP09. Last week I completed my 15 stays and wrote in to ensure they upgraded my account (which happened yesterday). My account shows Diamond and my suite upgrades are showing too.

Everyone is mentioning status through 2012 but my account reads: Tier Expiration: 28 Feb 2011

Did I miss something or was a shorted due to the status held from my credit card?
Old Jun 7, 2010, 5:49 pm

When did you sign up for the promo? I remember reading something back in March that if you signed up for the promo in 2009, then your tier status would last until 2011. But if you signed up in 2010, then your tier status would last until 2012. I don't see that wording in the first post of this thread anymore though. It's a little more ambiguous now.

If you did sign up in 2010, then I'd suggest calling to find out what the deal is.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by kenbo
When did you sign up for the promo? I remember reading something back in March that if you signed up for the promo in 2009, then your tier status would last until 2011. But if you signed up in 2010, then your tier status would last until 2012. I don't see that wording in the first post of this thread anymore though. It's a little more ambiguous now.

If you did sign up in 2010, then I'd suggest calling to find out what the deal is.
I signed up in the end of February or early March. Yesterday I sent a message to GP CS and will see what they say. Probably should have left it alone - better to ask forgiveness than permission!
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by jisaac
I signed up in the end of February or early March. Yesterday I sent a message to GP CS and will see what they say. Probably should have left it alone - better to ask forgiveness than permission!
I don't think you have anything to worry about. They will not take away your Diamond status. You earned it. The worst case scenario is that your tier expiration doesn't change. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:32 am

As a Diamond GP are you pretty much guaranteed Regency club? And the suite upgrades are they usually basic rooms with a sitting area?

Last year I spent a week in Toronto at the Hyatt Regency there and had a great 2-floor suite. Not expected but since then I cross my fingers with every stay.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:53 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

As a Diamond GP are you pretty much guaranteed Regency club? And the suite upgrades are they usually basic rooms with a sitting area?

Last year I spent a week in Toronto at the Hyatt Regency there and had a great 2-floor suite. Not expected but since then I cross my fingers with every stay.
Domestically you're pretty much guaranteed Club access if there is an operating club at the property - if one is usually there but temporarily closed, you're entitled to restaurant breakfast & 2500 DN (Closed Club bonus points) - if property has no club, you get a restaurant breakfast. International & Resort properties you should get club access if you get club floor upgrade, otherwise restaurant breakfast.

Suite upgrades into the "entry" suite at the property which can be 2 connecting rooms with one setup as living room (parlor room) while other properties are more elaborate and some properties only to very large junior suites. That 2 floor suite is not one that you'd be booked into but obviously you could be upgraded into that type of suite.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:02 pm

Thanks for the info! We'll see starting tomorrow.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by peteropny
Domestically you're pretty much guaranteed Club access if there is an operating club at the property - if one is usually there but temporarily closed, you're entitled to restaurant breakfast & 2500 DN (Closed Club bonus points) - if property has no club, you get a restaurant breakfast. International & Resort properties you should get club access if you get club floor upgrade, otherwise restaurant breakfast.
(bolding mine)

What? I am a relative newbie to GP, but for some weird reason I had assumed that Club access for Diamonds is a global benefit and not dependent on getting a club floor upgrade. The Diamond benefits description on the GP website says:

"Receive exclusive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge featuring complimentary continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres. Enjoy daily complimentary full breakfast in hotels without a club lounge (2)"

And the (2) footnote just says

"During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore, complimentary full breakfast for each registered guest and 2,500 bonus points will be given. Not available at Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™, or Hyatt Vacation Club Resorts"
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
And the (2) footnote just says

"During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore, complimentary full breakfast for each registered guest and 2,500 bonus points will be given. Not available at Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™, or Hyatt Vacation Club Resorts"
In practical terms for domestic properties Diamonds are almost always given club access no matter where their room is. For International & Resort properties, per this footnote - they may deny access to the club if its busy (and for all intents & purposes that's when Diamonds do not get upgraded to club "floor"). Slightly different wording but same application.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by peteropny
In practical terms for domestic properties Diamonds are almost always given club access no matter where their room is. For International & Resort properties, per this footnote - they may deny access to the club if its busy (and for all intents & purposes that's when Diamonds do not get upgraded to club "floor"). Slightly different wording but same application.
Ah, so basically the same rules apply domestically and internationally, but the international and resort properties are applying the "busy" clause more often. In practice, how common is it to not get club access?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Ah, so basically the same rules apply domestically and internationally, but the international and resort properties are applying the "busy" clause more often. In practice, how common is it to not get club access?
Pretty rare I think - I've only been denied once in all my years with Hyatt - at the HR Churchill in London.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:40 am

Was given club access last night with check-in.

However I also received a message from GP CS saying that my status will expire on 02/11 not 02/12. Will fight the issue....
Old Jun 9, 2010, 8:02 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Was given club access last night with check-in.

However I also received a message from GP CS saying that my status will expire on 02/11 not 02/12. Will fight the issue....
Hi jisaac,

If you PM us with your GP account number, name on the account and details of your sign up, the gold passport concierge team can look into this for you.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hi jisaac,

If you PM us with your GP account number, name on the account and details of your sign up, the gold passport concierge team can look into this for you.

GP Concierge, can you verify that people who are now on the trial should/will get Diamond through Feb 2012 (rather than 2011) if they complete the 15 nights within the trial period? I'm a few nights short but probably won't bother to get them if the status is going to end in a few months anyway. Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:52 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by Mr. Mastodon Flyer
GP Concierge, can you verify that people who are now on the trial should/will get Diamond through Feb 2012 (rather than 2011) if they complete the 15 nights within the trial period? I'm a few nights short but probably won't bother to get them if the status is going to end in a few months anyway. Thanks.
According to the trial promotion, that's no longer offered for new enrollments, if you have the 15 nights in 2010 your Diamond status will expire on February 28, 2012.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.