Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
According to the trial promotion, that's no longer offered for new enrollments, if you have the 15 nights in 2010 your Diamond status will expire on February 28, 2012.
Terrific, thanks. Time to book those last couple stays!
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
More Verification...

My diamond status just showed up yesterday after completing the 15 night fasttrack requirement, and it does show a February 2012 expiration.

I plan on using it well. Thanks, Hyatt!
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
According to the trial promotion, that's no longer offered for new enrollments, if you have the 15 nights in 2010 your Diamond status will expire on February 28, 2012.
Is it 15 nights in all of 2010 since registering? I had the impression that the 15 nights had to be done in the 6-month period from registering, so in my case I have until Sept 30th
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Plat, National Executive
Dear Gold Passport Concierge,
Similar to question about, but signed up for the Instant-Fasttrack program and then I was status matched (from Hilton) to Diamond which said that it expires on 2/28/11. I've got 12 nights to date, since I originally signed up for fasttrack program, will my Diamond also be extended to 2/28/12 when I hit 15 nights or did I actually mess my self up, by requesting status match, therefore requiring the 50 nights for 2010.

Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:36 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hey JayRich,
Since you are registered for that promotion with the Instant-Fasttrack program it should automatically transfer the Diamond status to 2/28/12 once you complete your 15 nights. If not just give a call to gold passport customer service and they can take a look into the issue for you. I am assuming that it will convert over automatically once you complete the promotion. I hope this information helps.

Have a great day!
Brock S
Originally Posted by JayRich
Similar to question about, but signed up for the Instant-Fasttrack program and then I was status matched (from Hilton) to Diamond which said that it expires on 2/28/11. I've got 12 nights to date, since I originally signed up for fasttrack program, will my Diamond also be extended to 2/28/12 when I hit 15 nights or did I actually mess my self up, by requesting status match, therefore requiring the 50 nights for 2010.

Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:31 pm

Thanks
Hey JayRich,
Since you are registered for that promotion with the Instant-Fasttrack program it should automatically transfer the Diamond status to 2/28/12 once you complete your 15 nights. If not just give a call to gold passport customer service and they can take a look into the issue for you. I am assuming that it will convert over automatically once you complete the promotion. I hope this information helps.

Have a great day!
Brock S
JayRich, I am also in the same situation as you. I emailed gpcs and asked the same question a couple of months ago. They also said that the promo should work. I will have my 15th night in a couple of weeks. I'll update at that time. If anyone else is in the same situation where they signed up for the promo and also did a status match, please post an update when you reach your 15th night. Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Delay in updating tier expiration??

I fulfilled the terms of the Diamond trial about 2 weeks ago by completing 15 paid nights (actually have 17 now) following my registration for the trial. My tier expiration date still reads as 30 Sep 2010. Based on the T&C's of the trial it should be 29 Feb 2012. I emailed GP customer service about a week ago but have not received a reply.

Just wondering what type of delay, if any, others experienced before their profile was updated with the new tier expiration date.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by ctroadwarrior
I fulfilled the terms of the Diamond trial about 2 weeks ago by completing 15 paid nights (actually have 17 now) following my registration for the trial. My tier expiration date still reads as 30 Sep 2010. Based on the T&C's of the trial it should be 29 Feb 2012. I emailed GP customer service about a week ago but have not received a reply.

Just wondering what type of delay, if any, others experienced before their profile was updated with the new tier expiration date.
In my experience, it was no more than a couple of weeks and I did not have to call GP CS -- for it to appear.^
Old Jul 14, 2010, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
GP Email reply just received

Just received today the following reply from GP consumer affairs. Does not seem to jive with the experience of other posters participating in this trial but I'll archive it just in case the status doesn't change. Odd why the tier expiration wouldn't be updated immediately.

Also, isn't 2012 a leap year thus making 29 Feb 2012 the end of the program year for that year??

"Dear ctroadwarrior:

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport; it is my pleasure to assist you.

I do indeed show that you have met the needed nights for the Diamond Trial Promotion. As of now, you are a Diamond Member, and once the trial ends your status will be updated to expire on February 28, 2012. You should expect to see this update on October 1, 2010. I thank thank you for choosing Hyatt and please contact me if I may be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

(name deleted)
Hyatt Hotels Consumer Affairs
9805 Q Street
Omaha, Nebraska 68127"
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:23 pm

They're saying you have to wait until your 6 month trial period is up? That's odd. Hopefully it will switch over sooner than later.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kenbo
They're saying you have to wait until your 6 month trial period is up? That's odd. Hopefully it will switch over sooner than later.
that's exactly what i was thinking as well....
Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:25 pm

Thanks
Hey JayRich,

Have a great day!
Brock S
I just completed my 15th night under the same conditions as Jay Rich and my expiration date has been updated to Feb 2012
Old Jul 18, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I registered for the fast track promotion and have 10 stays already.
However, I used a status match from Starwood Platinum to obtain Diamond a month ago. Does this disqualify me from using the 15 stay fast track to Diamond?

Damn.. I'm a retard. I just saw the postings above mine.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by krazieman
I'm a retard.
That's a little harsh, no?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by 4aks
Is it 15 nights in all of 2010 since registering? I had the impression that the 15 nights had to be done in the 6-month period from registering, so in my case I have until Sept 30th
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.