Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2010, 5:48 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by saad
keep in mind that a status match is a once in a lifetime thing....so you should only request it if you can make full use of the new status....
Is this true for Hyatt? I know it's a hard and fast SPG rule, but have never heard it uttered by GP Concierge.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Is this true for Hyatt? I know it's a hard and fast SPG rule, but have never heard it uttered by GP Concierge.
i think i got an email from hyatt stating that when i was enquiring about a status match....let me see if i can locate that email....i might still have it....
Old Aug 29, 2010, 1:13 pm

Just completed my 15th night a few weeks ago on a Thursday. By the following Monday, the points posted and reflected Diamond status online. Surprising, I even received my Platnium Extra about 4 days later. Following weekend I stayed at the Hyatt Vancouver and my Diamond status was already showing on their computers. ^
Old Aug 29, 2010, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by ducky9
Just completed my 15th night a few weeks ago on a Thursday. By the following Monday, the points posted and reflected Diamond status online. Surprising, I even received my Platnium Extra about 4 days later. Following weekend I stayed at the Hyatt Vancouver and my Diamond status was already showing on their computers. ^
n.b. as a Diamond -- you can't use a Platinum Extra anymore!
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag
n.b. as a Diamond -- you can't use a Platinum Extra anymore!
Do you base that on experience or on conjecture? It runs counter to what Gold Passport Concierge has stated on FT.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Here is the status match response from Hyatt.

Thank you for your message regarding your Hyatt Gold Passport
membership. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

As an elite frequent guest with another hotel chain program, I would
be happy to share the details of how you could obtain Hyatt's
prestigious and generous Diamond status. Please send us a copy of
your most recent statement showing you are of the highest tier with
our competitor and your activity over the last twelve (12) months.
This statement must show at least ten (10) stays or thirty (30)
nights accrued in order for the tier match to be processed. Please
mail or fax this information to us for processing at:

PO Box 27089
Omaha, NE 68127-0089
Fax: 402-593-9449

Once I match your tier, you would receive another e-mail advising you
that the upgrade has been completed. This upgrade is a unique one
time offer and can not be extended to you again in the future. In
order to retain this status, you will be required to fulfill the tier
criteria each calendar year.

To find more details on our exclusive Diamond status please visit us
online at:

http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/ben...ip_diamond.jsp

I look forward to assisting you further.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by lKTyS7UPY
Do you base that on experience or on conjecture? It runs counter to what Gold Passport Concierge has stated on FT.
I was told that by GP CS!

The post you cited is very new information -- my experience was over 6 mths ago!
Old Aug 30, 2010, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by gomike
This upgrade is a unique one
time offer and can not be extended to you again in the future.
that's pretty much the same email i got....

i didn't take them up on their offer since i was not sure how many hyatt stays i would have had at that time....
Old Aug 30, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

My 15th stay was last Tuesday, and my status as of yesterday was Diamond, expiring 2/28/2012
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:44 am

Glad to see so many people getting their tier upgrades!
Old Aug 30, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: hyatt Platinum, *G, hertz presidents circle
Originally Posted by Scone Man
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

My 15th stay was last Tuesday, and my status as of yesterday was Diamond, expiring 2/28/2012
What was your status when you signed up for the program? Has anyone signed up as a Diamond and been confirmed Diamond through 2/28/12?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by travelduck
What was your status when you signed up for the program? Has anyone signed up as a Diamond and been confirmed Diamond through 2/28/12?
I had signed up as a Diamond. I completed my 13th, 14th, 15th & 16th nights last week. When I went to check the account, I noticed that only 2 nights posted. A quick call to the Diamond customer rep fixed the problem. I checked my account later on in the evening and it showed Diamond till 2/28/2012.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: hyatt Platinum, *G, hertz presidents circle
Mine just posted as well! This was a great promotion. I think Hyatt comes out ahead as well because I will not have to hop around to book single night stays in order to make the 25 stay requirement, I can just accumulate consecutive nights and enjoy the current points promo!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
I signed up for the 15 night challenge - complete 15 nights by September 30.

I completed my 15 nights, but just noticed that my tier expiration date is still set at 30 Sept 2010, and has not reset to 2/2012.

Of course, given that it is past midnight EST, I can't call CS until tomorrow!

Hope I can get this sorted out. I have several upcoming stays at Hyatt booked and I want to make sure I am a Diamond when I check in!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
See my response in the other thread. Looks like we had the same issue with the same promo. Easy to fix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.