Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2010, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by qbrain
Update: Before I called I had sent an email, but hadn't heard back (3 business days later iirc), so I thought I emailed the wrong address and the call would be faster to find out what went wrong.

I just got a response to the email this morning, I was signed up for the wrong program when I originally called in. I have now been moved to the right program, have immediate plat, and the terms match the fast track to diamond.

Just an example of, if you don't get the answer you want the first time, call again
Looks like I have been signed up for the wrong program again, but this time I have Diamond status, but no suite upgrades. Maybe it will change back to plat where it should be, but I think I will keep quiet about this mistake
Old May 25, 2010, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Looks like I have been signed up for the wrong program again, but this time I have Diamond status, but no suite upgrades. Maybe it will change back to plat where it should be, but I think I will keep quiet about this mistake
If you've had 15 nights since you 'signed' up for the promo -- then you've earned Diamond -- under the terms of that promo. I would think that the suite upgrades should follow shortly! Good luck!^
Old May 25, 2010, 1:53 pm

I think I'd want the suite upgrades. Give it a few days. If your account remains Diamond, I'd call and ask. If I'm not mistaken, others who were upgraded through the Fast Track offer were still given the suite upgrades.
Old May 25, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Originally Posted by kenbo
I think I'd want the suite upgrades. Give it a few days. If your account remains Diamond, I'd call and ask. If I'm not mistaken, others who were upgraded through the Fast Track offer were still given the suite upgrades.
Yea, the suite upgrades arrive in your account a couple days after the status is updated to Diamond.
Old May 25, 2010, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by monkeybot
Oh man. I called in all ready to claim my reward only to find that the promotion isn't actually on my account. So basically it's as if I never signed up

Does anyone know of a way of proving that they enrolled? Do you get an email about it? I spoke to a customer rep. using Skype so I know the exact time and date of the call, but have no other way of proving that I signed up.

This freaking sucks because it sounds like I'm trying to scam the system but I have no proof beyond "but I spoke to a customer rep! I really did!"
Exact same experience for me today. I signed up beginning of March for the Fast Track, and the guy on the phone made a big production out of explaining that I wouldn't be Diamond right away and that I would only be Platinum but would have 180 days to stay 15 nights. Since I was already Platinum, I didn't notice any change in my account and went on my merry way booking Hyatt stays. Today I check in with Gold Passport only to find out that I'm not registered for the promotion, and there's nothing they can do for me now. Ironically I signed my wife up for the promotion the day before they cancelled it, and it does show on her account (and they made her an instant Diamond to boot.)

My advice would be that if you didn't get an instant upgrade to diamond, you might want to call just to make sure the Fast Track promotion is actually on your account.
Old May 31, 2010, 9:27 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by peteropny
Since you are Hilton Diamond (assume that you have at least 10 stays during the last year), you can still get Hyatt Diamond by Status Match.
I apologize if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it. Now that this promotion has been yanked, if one were to do a status match to Hyatt Gold Passport from another hotel elite program now, is the status good until beginning of 2011 or 2012? Is it similar to other programs with July being the "cutoff" date? Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 7:40 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KevinInRI
I apologize if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it. Now that this promotion has been yanked, if one were to do a status match to Hyatt Gold Passport from another hotel elite program now, is the status good until beginning of 2011 or 2012? Is it similar to other programs with July being the "cutoff" date? Thanks.
Right now it would still be 2011 - I believe that it becomes 2012 in Aug.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by mnmag
If you've had 15 nights since you 'signed' up for the promo -- then you've earned Diamond -- under the terms of that promo. I would think that the suite upgrades should follow shortly! Good luck!^
I am not even close. After this weekends stays post, I will be platinum. Really, there is no good reason for me to be diamond other than a data entry mistake.

It has been a week and no suite upgrades in my account, but since I am an undeserving diamond, I will take my extra points and keep my mouth shut.

My diamond status expires Nov 30 and I might have 12 nights by then with planned travel. If that works out, I will mattress run the last 3 needed nights.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am not even close. After this weekends stays post, I will be platinum. Really, there is no good reason for me to be diamond other than a data entry mistake.

It has been a week and no suite upgrades in my account, but since I am an undeserving diamond, I will take my extra points and keep my mouth shut.

My diamond status expires Nov 30 and I might have 12 nights by then with planned travel. If that works out, I will mattress run the last 3 needed nights.
I'm a bit confused -- didn't your account already reflect 'diamond' with a Nov 30 expiration? If so, then you are a diamond (through 'instant diamond') -- although I'm not sure why your suite upgrades didn't show up in your account.

If I were in your position, I would go ahead & fulfill the 15 nts required to maintain diamond through Feb 2012. I am currently taking advantage of the BWB promo while fulfilling the required nts to maintain diamond. To me, it's a no-brainer -- as you will be happy to have the diamond status in the future!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by peteropny
Right now it would still be 2011 - I believe that it becomes 2012 in Aug.
I called last week about this, and was told that the the "half year" rule applies as of July.

Of course, different reps might say different things.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by rajuabju
I called last week about this, and was told that the the "half year" rule applies as of July.

Of course, different reps might say different things.
I guess I talked to the right agent, I got until 2012, which is fantastic!
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by MarriottHotelsFan
I guess I talked to the right agent, I got until 2012, which is fantastic!
I think the difference here is that you signed up for the Diamond Match while others are on the Diamond Trial but nonetheless a match would normally be until 2011 according to others here so you definitely scored either way.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag
I'm a bit confused -- didn't your account already reflect 'diamond' with a Nov 30 expiration? If so, then you are a diamond (through 'instant diamond') -- although I'm not sure why your suite upgrades didn't show up in your account.
I signed up for, or tried to, the instant platinum, fast track to diamond. So I should have gotten instant platinum for 180 days, 5 stays to make plat until Feb 2012. Instead of didn't get bumped, so I called and emailed to make sure I was actually signed up. The call said yes, but I needed the 5 stays before becoming plat, and the email said no, I was signed up for the wrong program, but she fixed it. That resulted in my diamond status until Nov 2010.

When I did this I was completely new to Hyatt, and when I showed up as diamond, I had only posted 1 stay. The reason I called and emailed about my status was that I had a several day stay at a Regency coming up, and if I wasn't getting free internet and bonus points, then I wanted to transfer my stay to my wife, since she did get instant plat. One of us was going to get free internet and bonus points

My wife currently has 8 night and 5 stays while I have 5 nights and 5 stays, so she will probably be the one to make Diamond with our 7 remaining nights planned for the year.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I signed up for, or tried to, the instant platinum, fast track to diamond. So I should have gotten instant platinum for 180 days, 5 stays to make plat until Feb 2012. Instead of didn't get bumped, so I called and emailed to make sure I was actually signed up. The call said yes, but I needed the 5 stays before becoming plat, and the email said no, I was signed up for the wrong program, but she fixed it. That resulted in my diamond status until Nov 2010.

When I did this I was completely new to Hyatt, and when I showed up as diamond, I had only posted 1 stay. The reason I called and emailed about my status was that I had a several day stay at a Regency coming up, and if I wasn't getting free internet and bonus points, then I wanted to transfer my stay to my wife, since she did get instant plat. One of us was going to get free internet and bonus points

My wife currently has 8 night and 5 stays while I have 5 nights and 5 stays, so she will probably be the one to make Diamond with our 7 remaining nights planned for the year.
You should already be getting all the perks that go with diamond -- bonus points, diamond amenity, free breakfast, along w/the free internet. However, if you rather that your wife attain Diamond -- then it makes sense to credit the upcoming nights to her GP a/c. I think it's wouldn't be difficult to do some MRs so that you would both be Diamonds!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
So I signed up for this promotion around mid-April, and was awarded instant Platinum. Within a week, I had fulfilled the 5 night requirement to retain Platinum status through 2/2012, which is currently reflected on my account.

If I accumulate 15 nights by the end of the original 180-day period, would I also receive Diamond status through 2/2012?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.