FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)
Old Jun 5, 2010, 9:31 am
kuponuts

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Originally Posted by MarriottHotelsFan
+1 I have found Hyatt to be very generous to me though, didn't have to ask more than once, got Diamond until 2011. Asked once more, was told no, but got it until 2012. I am grateful, and so very glad they did this, but people who like take it out on them because they don't deserve status when they think they do is not right, the status matching terms are clear and simple. Other than status matching and possibly if you have rooms booked, they should not just give you status.
I would also like to tell a little story of mine.

Thanks to Hyatt's Platinum & Diamond trial offer, three of my family members are now Diamond members. We find Hyatt very generous -- so generous that I suggested my sister (4th family member) to join as well. But by the time I mentioned this to my sister, the Platinum & Diamond trial offer has already finished. Yet I didn't blame Hyatt at all. I suggested to my sister that if she wants to become a Diamond member, she will need to do 25 stays -- just like everybody else.

If I am crazy enough, maybe I should threaten Hyatt either to give my sister the Diamond membership or else all my family members will give their business to SPG?