Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 5:46 am

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
I`ve called German CS and he said he would phone the US-CS.As I`m Diamond until 2/2011,will I see any hint in my account that I`m really signed up for that promotion?Because being Diamond now means that there will be no change of status for this year.
Thanks for a helpful answer!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by ringbahn
I`ve called German CS and he said he would phone the US-CS.As I`m Diamond until 2/2011,will I see any hint in my account that I`m really signed up for that promotion?Because being Diamond now means that there will be no change of status for this year.
Thanks for a helpful answer!
I don't think you will be able to see anything in your account online, so I would ask CS to send you an email confirming the promotion and what date you have to complete the 15 nights.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Platinum upgrade to Daimond

Would just add that I was a already a Platiunum member heading into 2010(I only travel for lesuire); and took the advice to try and get Hyatt to upgrade me to Diamond.

Interestingly enough, when I called Hyatt, they 'enrolled me' but just in the sense that I was on the fast track to qualify for Diamond status in 180 days.

However, taking the advice of others, I emailed Hyatt, asking for instant Diamond status. They replied within 15 minutes, and gave me the upgrade.

Thanks to that email, I just used one of the 4 suite upgrades, for my upcoming 7 night stay in Maui. That sinlge email saved me several thousand dollars (for a suite that I never would have booked otherwise).

Thanks everyone in this forum, and to Hyatt!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:01 pm

May I ask what e-mail address you used? Did you mention the trial code DMTRIAL09 in your e-mail, or just asked to enroll in the diamond trial program? I'm trying to advise one of my colleagues - I did mine successfully over the phone, but it definitely takes longer to call than shooting over an e-mail.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:07 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Currently diamond but I have some longer stays coming up and wanted to use this to re-qualify since it counts nights and I don't want to keep switching hotels each night after the FFN's promotion ends.

I just called CS and was told that I couldn't sign up for this because I am already diamond.

Based on posts above, it looks like she was wrong and that you CAN use this to re-qualify til 2012 unless something has changed. Have any diamonds done this recently, and if so did you just call the normal CS#?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:25 pm

New q's...

My account shows the four upgrades (after receiving the the Diamond Trial) and I was wondering:

1.) When do they expire? At end of calendar year?
2.) When I achieve my 15 nights will I get four more? If so, when and when will they expire?

Additionally, I will probably use one of my four upgrade certs soon, to see how well the process & result goes.
Any recommendations for properties on the east coast that usually have nice upgrades? The DC to NY corridor works best, but I would consider anything from Miami to Boston.

Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:48 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ttrltb
My account shows the four upgrades (after receiving the the Diamond Trial) and I was wondering:

2.) When I achieve my 15 nights will I get four more? If so, when and when will they expire?
1. If its the same as those Diamonds who requalified - 2/28/11
2. If you requalify this year (for 2011), you will get 4 more 3/1/11 with an expiration of 2/29/2012. Not sure if you get to 15 nights you'll get 4 more since your Diamond status still expires 2/11 I believe.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz #1 Club Gold

Additionally, I will probably use one of my four upgrade certs soon, to see how well the process & result goes.
Any recommendations for properties on the east coast that usually have nice upgrades? The DC to NY corridor works best, but I would consider anything from Miami to Boston.

Thanks!
Where do the four suite upgrades show up in the account? I just got the diamond trial, and my account shows up as diamond, but I don't see any indication that I have upgrade credits. Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:12 pm

My upgrades took several days to appear. You can see them in Details as four non-descript line items or, better still, you can see them if you click the Awards tab, then My Promotional Awards. Just give it some time...
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:15 pm

[QUOTE=peteropny;13830345]1. If its the same as those Diamonds who requalified - 2/28/11
2. If you requalify this year (for 2011), you will get 4 more 3/1/11 with an expiration of 2/29/2012. Not sure if you get to 15 nights you'll get 4 more since your Diamond status still expires 2/11 I believe.[/QUOTE]

Uh-oh...I was under the impression that if I got the 15+ nights in 180 days, I'd be Diamond until Feb 2012. Anyone have the definite answer? I'll see if I can find any e-mails from Hyatt...
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz #1 Club Gold
My upgrades took several days to appear. You can see them in Details as four non-descript line items or, better still, you can see them if you click the Awards tab, then My Promotional Awards. Just give it some time...
They actually showed up almost immediately after I posted the question. I feel like I'm being watched...
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
2. If you requalify this year (for 2011), you will get 4 more 3/1/11 with an expiration of 2/29/2012. Not sure if you get to 15 nights you'll get 4 more since your Diamond status still expires 2/11 I believe.
Uh-oh...I was under the impression that if I got the 15+ nights in 180 days, I'd be Diamond until Feb 2012. Anyone have the definite answer? I'll see if I can find any e-mails from Hyatt...
??

isnt that what petrophony said?

Last edited by Markie; Apr 24, 2010 at 9:27 am
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:17 am

Programs: HH diamond, Hyatt diamond, *wood plat, Delta Diamond 4th yr, SWA A List
Ditto

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Now one really has to wonder why I bothered putting in the effort last year to retain diamond
What's the point of putting in the effort if Hyatt gives the status away for minimal effort???
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Originally Posted by peteropny
I qualified through this promotion and it's telling me that my tier expiration is 28 Feb 2012.

Last edited by Markie; Apr 24, 2010 at 12:15 pm
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:10 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bob_the_d

I qualified through this promotion and it's telling me that my tier expiration is 28 Feb 2012.
Thank you for the clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.