Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:48 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by pclee
i had a chat with customer service to sign up my wife.
is this good enough? or do you want the agent name?
Finally on the 3rd call it worked! Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 7:03 pm

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by srodr
Finally on the 3rd call it worked! Thanks for the info.
GREAT!!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:49 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Is there any chance Hyatt would discontinue the this offer for new signup midyear?

My plan is to wait until July to sign up, then use the Costco gift cards to pay for a bunch of stays in the fall FFN period. Easily get Platinum status through 2012 and get some free nights at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek next winter...

Anyway, thanks to everyone on Flyer Talk for bringing this promotion and the FFN/Costco gift card promotion to light!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Costco doesn't have Hyatt Gift Cards. I wish they did, at the same 20% discount they have on the paper certs. Counting out a bunch of paper certs can get old, quickly.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by pclee
i believe you should have been instant Diamond.
my wife is diamond through this promotion and have four suite upgrade cert...
ok, I'll email GP and see what they have to say. I should have 4 stays counting towards this already and I don't want to lose them. I hope they didn't screw it up.

I did note there was no email confirmation or anything. Did you or your wife get some sort of email confirmation after you signed up? Or was it just, log in and see Diamond status and have access to the 4 upgrades?

Other people have reported the same thing as I saw, so I'm not sure if yours is a different promo or not. If you have a promo code or whatever, can you post it? Meanwhile, let's see what GP says.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 10, 2010 at 2:10 am
Old Mar 10, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
Hard to figure this promotion out.I signed up as a plat with 19 stays and am still plat but my tier now shows 2012.Ill be diamond again soon but it seems as if everyone gets something different.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:28 pm

Many of the Costco's do have the Hyatt gift cards. I would check your local Costco.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:56 pm

Programs: WN CP & A+, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by lorribarnes
Many of the Costco's do have the Hyatt gift cards. I would check your local Costco.
I don't think they are gift cards ... pretty sure it's Hyatt Check Certificates!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:13 pm

ok, here's what I found out from a very helpful GP agent by email.

I'm assuming it's ok with GP if we post these here, but if they object, the mods can delete whatever needs to be deleted.

There are two promos. (well, at least two, but these are the two pertinent ones I know about. There may be others that are pertinent, but I don't know the details.)

TRIALPL09 (aka PL09), is the trial platinum promo. You have 180 days to earn/keep platinum status, which is given to you at the start of the promo. If you have 15 nights during that period, you will get Diamond status. I believe this is the one that this thread started with. This is the one I originally signed up with. They advance you Platinum status if you don't have it, but not Diamond status. But the promo gets you Diamond status in 15 nights.

Your account is enrolled in the PL09 Platinum offer that does go to
Diamond also. However, the stay qualification must first be completed
by 15 eligible nights at Hyatt within 180 days of enrollment. Your
enrollment was February XX, 2010.

OFFER:
Join HGP by December 31, 2010, and receive a 180 day trial Platinum
membership (from the enrollment date).

Stay 5 eligible nights at Hyatt within 180 days of enrollment into
the offer to maintain Platinum status through February 2011/2012.

Stay 15 eligible nights at Hyatt within 180 days of enrollment into
the offer and upgrade to Diamond through February 2011/2012.

Current members may register to participate. You would need to enroll
the current member under promotion add, TRIALP09.

Offer Code:TRIALPL09
Effective Dates: 11/01/09 - 12/31/10
Participating Properties: Hyatt Hotels and Resorts, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Summerfield Suites, Andaz and Hyatt Vacation Clubs

DMTRIAL09 is a status matching promo for top tier members of other programs.

Terms and Conditions:
To receive Diamond Trial membership for 180 days, guest must submit a
copy of a current competitive statement comparable to Hyatt Gold
Passport Diamond status with stay activity to Hyatt Gold Passport
Customer Service via email address [email protected] by December 31,
2010. Upon enrollment you will receive a trial Diamond membership for
180 days. To maintain Diamond membership through member must complete
15 eligible nights at any Hyatt Hotel & Resort worldwide, Hyatt Place
or Hyatt Summerfield Suites within 180 days of enrollment. Members
that achieve qualifying nights in 2009 will receive tier status
through February 2011. Members that achieve qualifying nights in 2010
will receive tier status through February 2012.

Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt
Gold Passport account number is provided. ...
Definitions of eligible night and eligible rate were truncated. They are the usual HGP definitions.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 12, 2010 at 3:48 am Reason: corrected stays -> nights, from notquiteaff
Old Mar 11, 2010, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
They advance you Platinum status if you don't have it, but not Diamond status. But the promo gets you Diamond status in 15 stays.
I think you meant 15 nights, not 15 stays.

DMTRIAL09 is a status matching promo for top tier members of other programs.
I don't know if that's what I got signed up for, but I do know that (a) I became instant Diamond and (b) I didn't have to submit any top-tier documentation from another program (which I wouldn't have had anyway).
Old Mar 12, 2010, 3:42 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

I don't know if that's what I got signed up for, but I do know that (a) I became instant Diamond and (b) I didn't have to submit any top-tier documentation from another program (which I wouldn't have had anyway).

Ditto for me. I'm not sure we have the whole story here. What I do know is that I spent a boatload of $$ with Hyatt in 2009 all the way through Feb 2010 so even though my stays/nights didn't add up to Diamond qualification through the normal process I am betting that my spend was enough to qualify for the Diamond trial. Just a guess, but I'm glad I got it.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 3:46 am

yes, you are correct. I will go fix that. I had "stays" on the brain. Thanks.

Maybe there's another promo out there that they didn't tell me about. I have no idea at this point.

Seems like there's a nice set of promos here for those that are interested and can use them.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 12, 2010 at 3:56 am
Old Mar 12, 2010, 4:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Hey everyone,

Back in reply to what I asked earlier:

I rang up Gold PP, I'm currently a diamond with 12 stays. I basically said my friends had been able to get a diamond trial and I asked for one. She put me on hold for 20 seconds, said that's possible, and I was able to get diamond in 24 hours.

Perhaps say something along those lines? (if you would like to get in on the promotion).

Also, I have to make 15 nights in 180 days to stay diamond.

Thanks everyone!
Old Mar 12, 2010, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by peachy3

I'm currently a diamond with 12 stays.

She put me on hold for 20 seconds, said that's possible, and I was able to get diamond in 24 hours.
ok, that's just confusing to me. I guess your point is that if you are already a Diamond, you can get the promo and keep your status with 15 nights in 180 days?

-David
Old Mar 12, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Amex Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
I recently signed up for the GP plat trial and will have first 5 nights within the next two weeks. So, after 5 nights, I think I will secure Plat status till Feb 2012 and so that I will offcially be a Plat.
My question is if I call in after 5 nights to ask for a diamond trial, will they grant me the diamond trial? If they grant me the diamond trial, should the 180 days and 15 nights be reset from the date I request diamond trial?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.