Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2010, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mlpinto
You guys are all luckier than me - I've been enrolled for the promo, but I was a Plat anyway and still am now. The terms I was sent though say I will earn Diamond with 15 nights stayed in 180 days...
I didn't get any terms sent to me. When did you call to enroll for the promo, and which one did you ask for, Diamond Trial or Platinum Trial?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 1:01 pm

Do you get suite upgrade awards with the trial Diamond membership. I notice it mentions that they cannot be combined with other promotions, would that include something like 'sun shine on sale'.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Mevad
Do you get suite upgrade awards with the trial Diamond membership.
As a freshly minted Trial Diamond (who plans to renew through stays/nights), I hope the answer is no. The answer might surprise some, but seriously, I that would be ridiculously generous and unwarranted.

I looked in my account, and I saw four mysterious "award" postings to my account details page dated yesterday (which I think is what this thread talks about).
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
Originally Posted by Mevad
Do you get suite upgrade awards with the trial Diamond membership. I notice it mentions that they cannot be combined with other promotions, would that include something like 'sun shine on sale'.
I had the 2009 suite upgrades when I looked on Feb 28 / March 1. Those are gone now. Also, online information about the 2009 Diamond Trial mentions that people got them last year.

As for fairness, I agree it is ridiculously generous. It works for me. Before this, I would hotel hop between Hyatt, SPG, and Priority Club. With Diamond trial, Hyatt becomes the best option a lot more often. I may even make one or two mattress runs to get to 15 nights. That's good for Hyatt.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: Some basic level ones
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I didn't get any terms sent to me. When did you call to enroll for the promo, and which one did you ask for, Diamond Trial or Platinum Trial?
I asked to be enrolled for the diamond trial via email a few days ago. I got an email back that said:

"Regarding your inquiry, I have enrolled you in the Platinum Trial
offer. Upon enrollment you will receive a trial Platinum membership
for 180 days. To maintain Platinum membership member must complete 5
eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide, within 180
days of enrollment. To achieve Diamond membership member must
complete 15 eligible nights. Members that achieve qualifying nights
in 2009 will receive tier status through February 2011. Members that
achieve qualifying nights in 2010 will receive tier status through
February 2012."
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by mlpinto
I asked to be enrolled for the diamond trial via email a few days ago. I got an email back that said:

"Regarding your inquiry, I have enrolled you in the Platinum Trial
offer. Upon enrollment you will receive a trial Platinum membership
for 180 days. To maintain Platinum membership member must complete 5
eligible nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide, within 180
days of enrollment. To achieve Diamond membership member must
complete 15 eligible nights. Members that achieve qualifying nights
in 2009 will receive tier status through February 2011. Members that
achieve qualifying nights in 2010 will receive tier status through
February 2012."
no offense to the OP but GOOD!

Hyatt should not just start people with Diamond and I'm glad to see that Hyatt agrees. A 15 night promotion is good given the economic situation, but they should start as Platinum or Gold NOT as Diamond.

I think the Diamond promotion of 15 nights applies only to current diamonds. Others will start at Platinum. Maybe someone can verify?

-A Very Pleased Hyatt Customer
Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmw303
I think the Diamond promotion of 15 nights applies only to current diamonds. Others will start at Platinum. Maybe someone can verify?
Based on other posts in this thread (and personal experience), platinums seem to qualify for Diamond promotion. Not sure about base and new members.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bmw303
no offense to the OP but GOOD!

Hyatt should not just start people with Diamond and I'm glad to see that Hyatt agrees. A 15 night promotion is good given the economic situation, but they should start as Platinum or Gold NOT as Diamond.

-A Very Pleased Hyatt Customer
Gold (base member) can sign for instant platinum
Platinum can sign for diamond trial
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by pclee
Gold (base member) can sign for instant platinum
Platinum can sign for diamond trial
Are you guessing this is fact based on the posts here, or is there any real evidence to support it?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
Originally Posted by srodr
Are you guessing this is fact based on the posts here, or is there any real evidence to support it?
i had a chat with customer service to sign up my wife.
is this good enough? or do you want the agent name?

Last edited by pclee; Mar 4, 2010 at 2:43 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 4, 2010, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ainternational
Thanks to all who posted on this.

Although admittedly confused, I am a Diamond as of yesterday. I was a Platinum with 4 stays for this year and called to sign up for this trial last week.

Suddenly I'm Diamond with no additional stays - and very appreciative as it just landed me a free confirmed upgrade at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo for next month.

Status says valid through 2/28/2011 - so it doesn't seem like so much a trial as a conversion for the current program year.
Ok, so CORRECTION here. My colleague also was upgraded to Diamond and he did _not_ sign up for this deal. We had the exact same stays for 2009 traveling together on business, so I was upgraded independent of this offer.

But now I can't figure out how as I didn't technically meet the Diamond minimums. Strange.... I wonder if there's a separate, unpublished Diamond minimum in terms of total dollars spent or average dollars per night because I have spent a ton of money at international Hyatt's in 2009 even though I didn't hit the min # of stays for Diamond. I was comfortably in the Platinum zone though.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 7:00 pm

is tis good enough? or do you want the agent name?
Yes, that would be great. Please pm me the agent's name.

My girlfriend who is platinum really wants to get to diamond and I want to make sure she gets the better promo.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:59 am

is this good enough? or do you want the agent name?
pclee,

Please PM me the agent's name and maybe some quick details about what you said/what was said to you on the phone.

My girlfriend called cs twice yesterday and both times was told there is no such thing as a diamond trial.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:12 pm

I signed up for it a week or two ago. I was plat, and I'm still plat now. That's what I expected until I have 15 more stays from the sign-up date. I already have 8 stays this year.

-David
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
bumpity bump

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.