Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:05 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AAflyguy
I signed up for this promo before and my 180days will be over next week. Could I sign up agian for another 180days?
Try it - you might be able to - its a different promotion after all.

Originally Posted by ckone501
Please correct me if I am wrong:

Currently I am Diamond till Feb 2011. This year I have done 8 nights, 16 stays (through BNT promo). If I call GP to add this Code I´ll need 7 more nights to keep Diamond until Feb 2012. Am I right here?

Thanks
Chris
I don't think it would work that way since I don't think its retroactive to before signup.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
My diamond will expire at the end of this month. I have 10 stays (via the double promo) in January. If I apply for this after March 1st when I'm down to Platinum (I assume), then I'd get Diamond for 6 months? Would the 10 stays in January count to the 15 needed, or would I need 15 additional (which would get me Diamond anyway?).
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
I've got 2 nights booked later this week. This promo just ensured another 13 nights at Hyatt over the next 6 months that otherwise would have gone to SPG. (SPG will still get an easy 50 nights, but this'll give me some extra options.)

I'll be interested to see if the fact that I'm paying for my stay with Hyatt Gift Checks (Costco version) on a corporate rate affects the credit towards the promo or not. I wouldn't think so, but hey, I'm a relative newbie to the Hyatt game, so I've got a lot to learn, right?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dmfriedman
I've got 2 nights booked later this week. This promo just ensured another 13 nights at Hyatt over the next 6 months that otherwise would have gone to SPG. (SPG will still get an easy 50 nights, but this'll give me some extra options.)

I'll be interested to see if the fact that I'm paying for my stay with Hyatt Gift Checks (Costco version) on a corporate rate affects the credit towards the promo or not. I wouldn't think so, but hey, I'm a relative newbie to the Hyatt game, so I've got a lot to learn, right?
While a hotel rep could find it strange that someone on a negotiated corporate (employer/contractor) rate would use gift checks to pay for a stay, that form of payment doesn't nullify the stay being good toward the promotion.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Here we go! This promo showed up right after I hit Platinum on Sunday. More mattress runs!

Now where's the cheapest area that UA flies to that has the best density of affordable Hyatts? DFW?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 6:49 pm

Can current Diamonds sign up for this? And then would it only take 15 nights to requalify?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 6:53 pm

sorry- have to say it
there goes our status dilution again
for those of us who have maintained diamond for years and years-
what a joke this is.

can you imagine trying to actually use suite upgrades with every person and their dog who is a member wanting suites
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:00 pm

lol Tinkybelle. Maybe they should close the program to everybody but you?

You really should know better than to complain about the myth of status dilution.

-David
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
sorry- have to say it
there goes our status dilution again
for those of us who have maintained diamond for years and years-
what a joke this is.

can you imagine trying to actually use suite upgrades with every person and their dog who is a member wanting suites
I'm with TB

I'm just a bit PO'd that those of us who worked to do this the way we were supposed to are getting dumped on by giving this to every one who wants to get it for a fraction of the cost..

I'm not saying I'm leaving Hyatt but I'm not planning on giving them one stinking night over the minimum to maintain diamond

I feel like I've been had by Hyatt
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:57 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Like I've posted before, I think that Hyatt is offering this since their numbers of Plat / Diam members are not where they want them to be.

Yes, it bothers me a little bit that they are "giving" away status like crazy here since I ended 2009 with 40-45 stays but that was by choice to earn enough FFN/NBT nights that I wanted. In an effort not be way over again in 2010, I've stopped with 16 right now (no more Mattress Runs) since I expect that they'll have great promotions coming up later in the year (another FFN/NBT I'm sure).
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Like I've posted before, I think that Hyatt is offering this since their numbers of Plat / Diam members are not where they want them to be.

Yes, it bothers me a little bit that they are "giving" away status like crazy here since I ended 2009 with 40-45 stays but that was by choice to earn enough FFN/NBT nights that I wanted. In an effort not be way over again in 2010, I've stopped with 16 right now (no more Mattress Runs) since I expect that they'll have great promotions coming up later in the year (another FFN/NBT I'm sure).
Regardless of promos, the more you stay, the more points, free nights, bonuses, etc, you earn for use now or later. It's not wasted. It never is.

The myth of status dilution is a constant misdirected theme on FT, even from those that have been here for a decade or more. Occupancy rates are so low at most hotels, in the short term it should not be an issue. for the medium or longer term, those that got status because of a promo, including fast-track promos will either stay enough to maintain that status next year or not. If they do, it's a win-win for the company. If they don't, that means that they didn't stay very often and weren't really competing with the real road warriors anyway.

But, in the typical way of many (but not all) FT-ers, even those that got a status comp at one point or another, some of us need to look at everything in the most negative light, even when there's no proof that the promotions have any negative effect on them.

I don't expect my post to end the debate, but some of you should really know better.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Feb 22, 2010 at 8:53 pm
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Did anyone else notice that the terms say this began last November? My friend called GP last week to ask if there were any fast track to diamond promos ongoing and was told no. So what is the deal with the stated Nov 1st start date?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, HH Gold, and SPG Gold
at least it provides an easy way to extend FFN expiration date for one month
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Great promo, thanks. Just wish it had started a month ago.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:00 am

Cool

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Regardless of promos, the more you stay, the more points, free nights, bonuses, etc, you earn for use now or later. It's not wasted. It never is.

The myth of status dilution is a constant misdirected theme on FT, even from those that have been here for a decade or more. Occupancy rates are so low at most hotels, in the short term it should not be an issue. for the medium or longer term, those that got status because of a promo, including fast-track promos will either stay enough to maintain that status next year or not. If they do, it's a win-win for the company. If they don't, that means that they didn't stay very often and weren't really competing with the real road warriors anyway.

But, in the typical way of many (but not all) FT-ers, even those that got a status comp at one point or another, some of us need to look at everything in the most negative light, even when there's no proof that the promotions have any negative effect on them.

I don't expect my post to end the debate, but some of you should really know better.

-David
There is also no proof that it does Not dilute our benefits.

and what makes you such an authority on what we should or should not know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.