Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
Do all Hyatt trademarks qualify (Hyatt Place, Summerfield etc) for qualification?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:28 pm

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
Originally Posted by AA53
Do all Hyatt trademarks qualify (Hyatt Place, Summerfield etc) for qualification?
Yes.
you have to book through hyatt.com
Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I signed up for it a week or two ago. I was plat, and I'm still plat now. That's what I expected until I have 15 more stays from the sign-up date. I already have 8 stays this year.

-David
i believe you should have been instant Diamond.
my wife is diamond through this promotion and have four suite upgrade cert...
Old Mar 9, 2010, 4:00 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Instant Diamond

I have been Hyatt Platinum for many years. In response to this thread, I called the GP customer service on Sunday and, poof!, on Monday morning I woke up a newly minted Diamond member complete with 4 suite upgrades.

I was very low key with the CS rep and was only expecting to get a reduced # of nights (15) to qualify for Diamond within 180 days. Hyatt exceeded my expectations by making me an instant Diamond and allowing me to re-qualify through 2012 if I hit the 15 nights.

I did mention to CS that I already had 8 paid nights in Feb and was told they could not count toward the re-qualification. I did not protest because that is the way I understood the promotion to work, but if that got me the instant bump to Diamond I really don't care and will make sure I stay an additional 15 paid nights. Also changed my summer vaca to 5 paid nights with Diamond suite upgrade rather than burn 4 non-rev nights (as previously booked) and risk not re-qualifying within the promo period. Really a win-win for Hyatt (more cash) and me (more perks).

Hyatt has always done right by me for business and leisure travel (our family loves all of their resorts we have visited over the years) so I will continue to drive as much business toward them as I can reasonably justify. They always seem to exceed my expectations which is admittedly rather difficult. Other chains just can't compare in terms of the loyalty program, customer service, and quality of properties and staff.

Last edited by ctroadwarrior; Mar 9, 2010 at 6:34 pm
Old Mar 9, 2010, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
sorry- have to say it
there goes our status dilution again
for those of us who have maintained diamond for years and years-
what a joke this is.

can you imagine trying to actually use suite upgrades with every person and their dog who is a member wanting suites
Exellent! You mean Hyatt is pet friendly too? That's one thing I always loved about SPG.

I currently have no status with Hyatt. I don't think I've ever spent a night there, even though I am signed up for Gold passport. This might be the promo that will get me going, esp since I carried over 8 nights to SPG from last year due to their promo.

So I believe my best strategy would be to do a status match from my SPG Platinum first. Would that give me Hyatt Platinum or Diamond? I then sign up for this promo and with 15 nights in 6 months I will be Diamond until Feb 2012. Sweet.

Is my thinking correct? If so, it's bye-bye Marriott and Hilton!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 4:40 am

Hyatt.com booking required???

Originally Posted by pclee
Yes.
you have to book through hyatt.com

Why would this be true? Do you have any facts to confirm this? I have been booking all of my Hyatt stays for business through our corporate travel agent's website and have never had an issue getting stay/night credits or GP points.

If this is indeed a change in policy/procedure, I would like to know for sure. Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by ctroadwarrior
Why would this be true? Do you have any facts to confirm this? I have been booking all of my Hyatt stays for business through our corporate travel agent's website and have never had an issue getting stay/night credits or GP points.

If this is indeed a change in policy/procedure, I would like to know for sure. Thanks.
sorry for the lack of information
i was trying to say 'hotwire, priceline, etc any 3rd party'
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
So I believe my best strategy would be to do a status match from my SPG Platinum first. Would that give me Hyatt Platinum or Diamond?
You would get a match to Hyatt Diamond
Old Mar 9, 2010, 7:27 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pclee
sorry for the lack of information
i was trying to say 'hotwire, priceline, etc any 3rd party'
I guess this should be clarified, all bookings directly with Hyatt - "most" corporate travel agents - AMEX FHR qualify for this promotion as well as stay credit / points. Bookings through Hotwire - Priceline - "most" other agents / websites particularly those that require pre-payment do not qualify.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Where did you new Diamonds find your suite upgrades? I didn't get any paper upgrades in the welcome packet for Diamond and when I go to My Awards online, it shows no awards balance.

Strange...
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
They posted as line items in my activity on March 1
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:46 am

Q's from new, unranked GP member...

I signed up for GP last year in the hopes of taking advantage of last Q's promo, but had to unexpectedly curtail most of my travel for Dec & Jan. Regarding this current promo:

1.) If I earn platinum through the traditional method, then sign up for this promo, would I become Diamond? If so, until when? Feb 2011?
2.) Is there any approach that would garner status until Feb 2012?
3.) I am SPG plat, so will this promo (or achieving Diamond via any means) affect my chances of status matching Diamond later on?

Thanks in advance for your helpful feedback.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ttrltb
1.) If I earn platinum through the traditional method, then sign up for this promo, would I become Diamond? If so, until when? Feb 2011?
For 180 days from when you sign up. You can pick the end date by choosing the start date wisely.

2.) Is there any approach that would garner status until Feb 2012?
Yes, sign up, then -- within 180 days -- spend 15 nights at Hyatts.

3.) I am SPG plat, so will this promo (or achieving Diamond via any means) affect my chances of status matching Diamond later on?
Don't know.

Another related question might be: can you first sign up for the Platinum trial and thus fast-track to Platinum and then call again to sign up for Diamond? Or are you at that time automatically also signed up for the Diamond trial, so if you just keep on going, you end up getting Diamond?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
I'm a Hyatt Platinum member and I called in on Friday about this promo. On Saturday I stayed at a Hyatt property booked thru hyatt.com

I logged in today and my status still shows Platinum and the credit I received was still 15% bonus ponus pts instead of 30%.

Should I give a call?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by ainternational
Where did you new Diamonds find your suite upgrades? I didn't get any paper upgrades in the welcome packet for Diamond and when I go to My Awards online, it shows no awards balance.

Strange...
First you will see the awards show up as four "unamed" award entries on the "account detail" tab. This happened within one day after my status was changed. About a day after that, they show up on a chart under the "My Promotional Awards" tab near where you can see the FFN/NBT awards listed showing number of awards earned/redeemed/remaining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.