Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2010, 6:37 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
cool i called up and got the fasttrack.
If the upgrade instant? I logged on my account and it still says I'm gold.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jason8612
cool i called up and got the fasttrack.
If the upgrade instant? I logged on my account and it still says I'm gold.
No, it takes 24-48 hrs. It's been discussed before in this thread, but I can understand that you don't necessarily want to read 14 pages for a quick answer.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 1:07 pm

I called once, told that I could fasttrack to Diamond but not get it immediately or I could get it immediately but only with proof of other status.
The rep was clearly going down the promo list.

I said I'd think about it, called again, was asked for a promo code, gave them DMTRIAL09 and *poof* became Diamond until 02/11. (I was platinum). couldn't remember the other code and wasn't near a computer. Wasn't asked for proof (I do have PC Plat) but wonder if I messed up as I might want to status match in the future.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:41 pm

For Current Diamond Members...

I'd like to share my experiences with the current Diamond members that have a question regarding this promotion...

First off, I'm a current Diamond member thru 2/2011 (which I earned thru the conventional way in 2010). I called the Diamond customer service line and was able to sign up for the fast track promotion using the code TRIALPL09. The CSR informed me that I will keep my Diamond status thru 2/2012 as long as I stay 15 nights within the next 180 days. So I'll hit my status again in 15 nights vs the traditional 50 nights.

So I hope that clears up any confusion for you current Diamond members.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 4:37 am

Any downside?

Ok, here's a question for deep thinkers... If one is an existing Diamond, is there any downside to signing up for this promo? Yeah, the re-qualifying advantages are obvious, but what about risks or exceptions?

Think of the following situation... If one is just a few stays away from re-qualifying as Diamond for 2012, signing up for this promo might be unnecessary, but of course one never knows what will happen in the future -- trips cancelled, job layoffs, illness, etc. -- so it would make sense to try to re-qual ASAP using whatever method (finish out planned stays or 15 more nights) comes first. On the other hand, you don't want to put yourself at a disadvantage, either, by signing up if there's a downside...
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Cygnet
Ok, here's a question for deep thinkers... If one is an existing Diamond, is there any downside to signing up for this promo? Yeah, the re-qualifying advantages are obvious, but what about risks or exceptions?

Think of the following situation... If one is just a few stays away from re-qualifying as Diamond for 2012, signing up for this promo might be unnecessary, but of course one never knows what will happen in the future -- trips cancelled, job layoffs, illness, etc. -- so it would make sense to try to re-qual ASAP using whatever method (finish out planned stays or 15 more nights) comes first. On the other hand, you don't want to put yourself at a disadvantage, either, by signing up if there's a downside...
I'm not sure I understand your question. The only reason someone shouldn't sign up for this promo is if they're less than 15 nights away from their Diamond re-qualification. In which case, it would make more sense to just let it be.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Originally Posted by ok.bye
I'm not sure I understand your question. The only reason someone shouldn't sign up for this promo is if they're less than 15 nights away from their Diamond re-qualification. In which case, it would make more sense to just let it be.
Even then, I don't think they'll reset your 2010 YTD stay/night count, so I don't see any harm of signing up -- should still be whichever qualifying criterion you meet first.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 5:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
I am planning to spend 7 nights in Hawaii in February 2011) for my honeymoon, split between the Hyatt's in Kauai and Maui.

If I sign up towards the end of this year (so as to be within the 180 day trial period in Feb 2010), would that qualify me to keep the Plat status until 2012?

I would *like* to make my reservations a lot sooner though, sometime in the next few months so its booked well in advance. Could I make my reservations first, get the trial status after, then get upgraded?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: KF Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Gold Ambassador
Finally got my instant diamond after 5 calls, now to keep the status..
Old Mar 30, 2010, 8:16 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rajuabju
I am planning to spend 7 nights in Hawaii in February 2011) for my honeymoon, split between the Hyatt's in Kauai and Maui.

If I sign up towards the end of this year (so as to be within the 180 day trial period in Feb 2010), would that qualify me to keep the Plat status until 2012?

I would *like* to make my reservations a lot sooner though, sometime in the next few months so its booked well in advance. Could I make my reservations first, get the trial status after, then get upgraded?
This should work. However, be aware that a Platinum is not likely to score you any meaningful upgrade (no access to club for example). If you do this, make the booking now but you will have to call after you get status to make sure that it is reflected in your reservation - since the status you have at time of reservation is what is automatically attached to the reservation.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 10:50 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
If you do this, make the booking now but you will have to call after you get status to make sure that it is reflected in your reservation - since the status you have at time of reservation is what is automatically attached to the reservation.
Argh, bit by another "status only helps you if it covers both the reservation and the stay/flight" case! Didn't realize this, but thanks for pointing it out. I have half a dozen reservations made while I was Plat; with my new Diamond status, what is the best way to correct those existing reservations? One call to GP CS? Call each property before arrival? Or just rebook them online (some rates are no longer available)?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 9:35 pm

Very disappointed

Hi all,
I just spent over 1.5 hours on the phone with Gold Passport.

Since Jan. 1st, I have stayed 24 eligible nights at some of the most expensive properties, Grand Hyatts in China and Korea as well as the new Andaz's. I have been a Platinum member since 2009.

Signed up for this promo earlier this month and the agent assured me that since I had stayed so many nights during 2010, I will be able to get the Fasttracked Diamond immediately and have it confirmed to Feb. 2012.

I didn't see it on my account today and after a very long conversation, Gold Passport Consumer Affairs basically said no.

To be honest, I am most upset at the fact that I am getting no credit for my 24 previous stays. And that I am basically treated the same as another member who has 0 stays to date.

I will be writing a letter to the corporate department.

Can you tell me if I am being unreasonable?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:43 pm

You think you are getting no credit for your 24 stays (stays or nights?) since Jan 1? Why is that? They weren't eligible stays/nights? I'm confused by that part of your post. Maybe you can clarify?

If, in fact, you have 24 eligible stays as a GP member since Jan 1, you only need one more for Diamond status, and that will be effective until Jan 2012. If they are nights, well, you are 1 night short of half-way there. The Diamond Trial promo will give you Diamond status after just 15 more nights, in the worst case. (if you need less than that number of stays, you can do it that way by hotel hopping in cities that have more than participating property.)

I don't know what you are saying, so it's hard to know if you are being unreasonable. The problem that GP/Hyatt seems to be creating for itself is that by bending/ignoring the rules inconsistently, a few people that don't benefit are getting pissed off that the rules weren't bent/ignored for them.

Personally, and maybe it's just me and a few others around here, I think if they bend or ignore a rule or t&c for you, then just be happy about it, but don't get bent out of shape if they don't bend/ignore a rule for you, no matter what you think you deserve. If everybody complains about it, eventually they will probably be forced to stick to the rules for everybody. That's why I don't think it's productive to complain about how somebody else got some unpublished benefit/favor/waiver and you didn't although you surely deserve it because of the quality of your business.

Now, I'm not even suggesting you're asking for a favor/waiver here, because of what you said you were told, but if you read the t&cs of these promos, there's nothing about them being retroactive, even though many of us would have liked that. Then again, lots of people just got Diamond status for having a heartbeat, so ... next time you might want to handle the request slightly differently, based on what other people are reporting here.

Anyway, welcome to FT, and I hope you get your issue straightened out.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 31, 2010 at 11:49 pm
Old Apr 1, 2010, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
You think you are getting no credit for your 24 stays (stays or nights?) since Jan 1? Why is that? They weren't eligible stays/nights? I'm confused by that part of your post. Maybe you can clarify?

If, in fact, you have 24 eligible stays as a GP member since Jan 1, you only need one more for Diamond status, and that will be effective until Jan 2012. If they are nights, well, you are 1 night short of half-way there. The Diamond Trial promo will give you Diamond status after just 15 more nights, in the worst case. (if you need less than that number of stays, you can do it that way by hotel hopping in cities that have more than participating property.)

I don't know what you are saying, so it's hard to know if you are being unreasonable. The problem that GP/Hyatt seems to be creating for itself is that by bending/ignoring the rules inconsistently, a few people that don't benefit are getting pissed off that the rules weren't bent/ignored for them.

Personally, and maybe it's just me and a few others around here, I think if they bend or ignore a rule or t&c for you, then just be happy about it, but don't get bent out of shape if they don't bend/ignore a rule for you, no matter what you think you deserve. If everybody complains about it, eventually they will probably be forced to stick to the rules for everybody. That's why I don't think it's productive to complain about how somebody else got some unpublished benefit/favor/waiver and you didn't although you surely deserve it because of the quality of your business.

Now, I'm not even suggesting you're asking for a favor/waiver here, because of what you said you were told, but if you read the t&cs of these promos, there's nothing about them being retroactive, even though many of us would have liked that. Then again, lots of people just got Diamond status for having a heartbeat, so ... next time you might want to handle the request slightly differently, based on what other people are reporting here.

Anyway, welcome to FT, and I hope you get your issue straightened out.

-David
Hi David,
Thanks for the prompt response. I have stayed 24 nights, not stays. Yes, I do know I"m getting a benefit of diamond with only 15 more nights but my complaint is two-fold:

a. I was told by first rep that my 24 nights counted towards the promo.
b. They conveniently couldn't find the voice log that confirmed this so the manager on duty said "It's possible you heard wrong", which basically made it look like I was a liar

To be honest, it's really a matter of principle. Would it have been so difficult for this manager to just offer something other than an accusation?

The manager on duty suggested that I was a liar and said that even though she could make the change, she would not make this change.
Just curious, how do you think I should have approached it?
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:59 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
Original Poster

Well IMO, for this promotion with the time limit of 180 days after registration to complete the "challenge", it was not unreasonable for the CS people to refuse to make it retroactive (even if its possible). Anyways, this promotion even though the T&Cs infer that it started on 11/1/09, was not discovered by anyone here (me) until 2/21/10 - not sure why but I'm willing to bet that it wasn't really released until mid-Feb anyways. So I'm assuming that some of your 24 nights was before the promotion was even released.

And lately, there has been a problem with Hyatt CSRs giving incorrect information (blatantly incorrect at times), so you may have gotten one of those agents initially.

Welcome to Flyertalk and our Hyatt corner - jpfamily!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.