FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)
Old Mar 9, 2010, 4:00 am
ctroadwarrior

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Instant Diamond

I have been Hyatt Platinum for many years. In response to this thread, I called the GP customer service on Sunday and, poof!, on Monday morning I woke up a newly minted Diamond member complete with 4 suite upgrades.

I was very low key with the CS rep and was only expecting to get a reduced # of nights (15) to qualify for Diamond within 180 days. Hyatt exceeded my expectations by making me an instant Diamond and allowing me to re-qualify through 2012 if I hit the 15 nights.

I did mention to CS that I already had 8 paid nights in Feb and was told they could not count toward the re-qualification. I did not protest because that is the way I understood the promotion to work, but if that got me the instant bump to Diamond I really don't care and will make sure I stay an additional 15 paid nights. Also changed my summer vaca to 5 paid nights with Diamond suite upgrade rather than burn 4 non-rev nights (as previously booked) and risk not re-qualifying within the promo period. Really a win-win for Hyatt (more cash) and me (more perks).

Hyatt has always done right by me for business and leisure travel (our family loves all of their resorts we have visited over the years) so I will continue to drive as much business toward them as I can reasonably justify. They always seem to exceed my expectations which is admittedly rather difficult. Other chains just can't compare in terms of the loyalty program, customer service, and quality of properties and staff.

Last edited by ctroadwarrior; Mar 9, 2010 at 6:34 pm