Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
My wife and I are heading there for our honeymoon in mid-September, we have two nights booked at the Conrad Bora Bora, the first night is using my Free Night Certificate and the second one is a paid OWV. I am Diamond, very curious if they will do some kind of upgrade or if we will be changing rooms after the first night. Did anyone go through something similar?
Old Sep 1, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
I have just canceled Sep 17-23 stay. Hopefully availability shows up for anyone that needs it.
brodielayne likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 10:18 am

I have a stay upcoming at the Conrad Bora Bora in late October (also have a couple nights at the Hilton Moorea). I paid to upgrade to an OW bungalow...so not really concerned about further upgrades. I'm hilton gold and am debating if it is worth it to get an Aspire card for diamond. Are there any incremental benefits worthwhile for diamond over gold at these properties? Full breakfast, drinks, other amenities? Doesn't seem like it, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Two other things...I'm looking at diving with Eleuthera Bora Diving Center. Reviews seem good. Anyone have experience with them? Also, it seems based on reading some comments in this thread that dining off property is prohibitively expensive because of transportation costs - is that still accurate?

Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:38 pm

Being diamond the last time, and gold the previous, I wouldn't expect anything more for being Diamond.

And yes it does cost to go off property, but we found it nice to visit the main island for dinner from time to time.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Singapore Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by yakel
Being diamond the last time, and gold the previous, I wouldn't expect anything more for being Diamond.

And yes it does cost to go off property, but we found it nice to visit the main island for dinner from time to time.
Agreed, probably no real advantage between Gold and Diamond if you're not interested in the marginal increased chance of further upgrade.

Based on our recent experience at The Conrad, heading off-property for a couple of dinners might be worth the expense. We really enjoyed the resort but outside of breakfast, their F&B program is not particularly good to be honest. Also keep in mind that some restaurants on the main island may offer pickup service included with the price of dinner, so be sure to inquire with the restaurant ahead of time.

​​​​
coolbeans202 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by JustinTI
I have a stay upcoming at the Conrad Bora Bora in late October (also have a couple nights at the Hilton Moorea). I paid to upgrade to an OW bungalow...so not really concerned about further upgrades. I'm hilton gold and am debating if it is worth it to get an Aspire card for diamond. Are there any incremental benefits worthwhile for diamond over gold at these properties? Full breakfast, drinks, other amenities? Doesn't seem like it, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Two other things...I'm looking at diving with Eleuthera Bora Diving Center. Reviews seem good. Anyone have experience with them? Also, it seems based on reading some comments in this thread that dining off property is prohibitively expensive because of transportation costs - is that still accurate?

Thanks for the help.

we actually got certified with Eleuthera when we visited a couple years ago. They are smaller and they were great!
Old Sep 3, 2022, 9:32 pm

Just returned from a weeklong trip at CBB. In addition to 2 paid nights of OWB + pool, We had 4 nights booked on points + free night certificates and received upgrades to OWB + pool on 3/4 of those, so 5 of the 6 nights OWB overall. Ask for the host Daven - I am not 100% sure that he had the authority to actually upgrade us, but he was extremely helpful and was the one who told us we received an upgrade when we got off the transfer boat, so it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask. Diamond member here.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:09 am

Daven is fantastic; he really took care of us as well.
Majuki likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 10:36 am

Appreciate the advice. I'll look into a dinner or two off site...maybe a lunch. We'll dive several days, so that will get us off property as well. I'll likely pass on the Aspire too - may fish for an upgrade offer. Don't want to burn a personal card slot for it to stay under 5/24.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:16 pm

For anyone that has been there recently did anyone take up this offer? Wondering if this is worth it? There are some supplements for some meals but it's not clear what they are
  • Half-Board Plan (Buffet Breakfast supplement + 3-course dinner at any of our restaurants): 12,300XPF per day per person
  • Full-Board Plan (Buffet Breakfast supplement + 2-course lunch + 3-course dinner at any of our restaurants): 17,800XPF per day per person .
You could as well attend the magical Polynesian Friday night without any supplement (regular rate: 14,000xpf per adult).
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:24 pm

It a little depends on if you're Diamond and get free breakfast already. Obviously because that might decrease the value of the deal, but also breakfast buffett can fill you up for two meals.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:33 pm

Just a Gold. They advised we get free continental breakfast.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by brit44
Just a Gold. They advised we get free continental breakfast.
OK, I thinkthat still means the buffet (which is extensive) and not ordering off the menu. Which is plenty of stuff and food.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Charlie9
OK, I thinkthat still means the buffet (which is extensive) and not ordering off the menu. Which is plenty of stuff and food.
And the supplement ordering off of the menu was XPF 1,000 per person per day about 8 months ago.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:56 am

Advanced purchases

So would another downside of purchasing a room upgrade or meal plan in advance be not earning stay points (base points and then bonus points for like status and such) on those purchases? Based on Hilton’s terms, only charges during a stay are part of your stay folio, and these advanced purchases are fully charged before the stay. In the Hilton online chat, a rep also said “resort packages are not part of stay folio.”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.