Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by jf4nathan
I was quoted 95,840 xpf from St Regis for a transfer from Conrad to their resort. This seems ridiculous. What are my other best options?
Is is ridiculous. Welcome to Bora Bora.

You could ask the Conrad what they will charge. But it my experience it will be higher than that. We were there in June and St Regis charged us 3500xpf per person to go from Thalasso to STR. We had 3 people.

Another option would be a local tour operator that does snorkel trips. But I think they will be about the same in cost you have already been quoted.

TD
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Is is ridiculous. Welcome to Bora Bora.

You could ask the Conrad what they will charge. But it my experience it will be higher than that. We were there in June and St Regis charged us 3500xpf per person to go from Thalasso to STR. We had 3 people.
I believe you’re missing a digit
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
T-6 days and still nothing from them.
We sent email to [email protected] for scheduling tours and they replied couple days later.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 4:04 am

I was quoted 95,840 xpf from St Regis for a transfer from Conrad to their resort. This seems ridiculous. What are my other best options?
That's more than double the normal rate. We paid just under 40,000xpf for a private transfer from Conrad to the Four Seasons. Ending a trip at the Four Seasons or St. Regis is the right way to do it as I consider 4S and StR Tier 1 resorts and Conrad a Tier 2 resort based on my experience.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Many years ago, I was staying at the Le Meridien and then shifting to the Conrad; another couple was also doing the same shift on the same day as me, and we shared the process. You could do in reverse what the Meridien suggested:
Take the free Conrad shuttle to Vaitape, then take a taxi (Le Meridien arranged for it to be standing by) to the dock on the other side of the island that was shared by Le Meridien and the SR, and then take the free SR shuttle. The taxi was a nice ride around the island.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Does anyone know, if activities are eligible for point earning here?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:24 pm

Does the resort provide snorkeling gear or is this something we should buy and bring beforehand if we want to do snorkeling on our own (not as part of an excursion)?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Does the resort provide snorkeling gear or is this something we should buy and bring beforehand if we want to do snorkeling on our own (not as part of an excursion)?
The resort provides it complimentary.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:58 pm

We are spending 1 night on Tahiti on our incoming flight. Would you recommend spending a night on Tahiti when departing as well or is it fine connection-wise and all to fly BOB-PPT on Air Tahiti in the morning and then fly UA PPT-SFO later that day/evening? Even if the flights would work, should we rush getting back? Also seeing availability on French Bee, but I assume UA is better with my measly Silver Status?
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by cbra2
We are spending 1 night on Tahiti on our incoming flight. Would you recommend spending a night on Tahiti when departing as well or is it fine connection-wise and all to fly BOB-PPT on Air Tahiti in the morning and then fly UA PPT-SFO later that day/evening? Even if the flights would work, should we rush getting back? Also seeing availability on French Bee, but I assume UA is better with my measly Silver Status?
I wouldn't spend a night on the return. Even with occasional delays BOB-PPT, it's usually not an issue.
cbra2 and yrtrvl like this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 7:35 pm

Gone.
Majuki and brodielayne like this.

Last edited by cuthroat; Sep 1, 2022 at 8:16 pm
Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:53 pm

We're checking into the Conrad on Monday. We booked three standard nights using points and certificates. It looks like we've already been upgraded to a Garden Pool Villa on the Hilton app. Is it possible we could get upgraded to an OWV when we check in since we've already been upgraded? It looks like the availability is there, but it seems like getting a free upgrade to an OWV is unlikely based on previous posts. We got an offer to request a paid upgrade for our first night for 50,000 xpf, but it's from nor1upgrades.com and I'm not sure if it's worth it based on what I've read. Any insight and advice is appreciated.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 3:38 am

As noted many times upthread, almost certainly you will NOT be further upgraded free into OWV. If you want to stay in one, which I completely recommend myself (although this is obviously not a unanimous sentiment), then you will have to pay.
mharlan100, yrtrvl and sgbobbyd like this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 10:03 am

We are planning restaurant reservations but couldn’t find an information about times and menu of in room dining.

Does anyone has a picture or QR code of in room dining?
Old Aug 26, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by freefalcon
We are planning restaurant reservations but couldn’t find an information about times and menu of in room dining.

Does anyone has a picture or QR code of in room dining?
Here's the link for that: https://qrcgcustomers.s3-eu-west-1.a...57116505686851
brodielayne, freefalcon and LAVS like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.