Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Old Feb 12, 04, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: up in the air
Arrow Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Posts older than 2016 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 25, 17 at 1:25 pm
Old Feb 5, 16, 10:23 pm

1. How many HH points to redeem per night?.

2. When will the renovations be done? I'm looking at going to BOB around June 2016.
Old Feb 5, 16, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ual902 View Post
1. How many HH points to redeem per night?.

2. When will the renovations be done? I'm looking at going to BOB around June 2016.
No idea on #2 but for #1 have you gone to the Hilton site and looked at booking an award for when you want to go? That will tell you how many points for different levels of rooms.
Old Feb 6, 16, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Baze View Post
#1 have you gone to the Hilton site and looked at booking an award for when you want to go? That will tell you how many points for different levels of rooms.
I don't have any Hilton points yet in my HH account, so cannot view it.
Old Mar 8, 16, 12:50 pm

Historically, how far in advance does Hilton load award availability for this property? I recently learned that on the Hilton website you can actually book reservations for stays greater than 12 months out (up to 24 months) if you use the "Use flexible dates" check box. I see that there is some standard award availability in August of this year, but I don't see anything for all of 2017 or 2018. Looking to make an award booking for summer 2017.
Old Mar 8, 16, 4:19 pm

Just a guess but iirc they will close down for renovation/remodeling later this year, so I guess they won't load any 2017 award space until they have a better idea on when they will be done with said updates or at least are done to the point that they can reopen without having the remaining work bother any guests at the resort.
Old Mar 9, 16, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by SR12 View Post
Just a guess but iirc they will close down for renovation/remodeling later this year, so I guess they won't load any 2017 award space until they have a better idea on when they will be done with said updates or at least are done to the point that they can reopen without having the remaining work bother any guests at the resort.
Yeah, their schedule says that they will be closed between Sep 1 and Dec 15 of this year, so it makes sense they wouldn't load awards yet. Cash rates aren't even loaded too. Guess I'll just have to keep checking back frequently.
Old Mar 12, 16, 12:59 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Not sure how cheap this is but Travelzoo have this starting from $395 for a Garden or Hillside Bungalow. Other rooms also available

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals...etaway/213803/
Old Mar 14, 16, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai View Post
Not sure how cheap this is but Travelzoo have this starting from $395 for a Garden or Hillside Bungalow. Other rooms also available

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals...etaway/213803/
Wow, guess they are really hurting for reservations during the construction period!
Old Mar 14, 16, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Wonder how it will be when I booked. I had NO idea there would be so much on-going renovations when I booked. The schedule shows the main building/ground floor, boutique, Iriatai Restaurant + Bar and Sap will all be closed while I am there in the end of May.

That's a lot of stuff to be closed. If the "Bar" is Upa Upa Bar that means there will be one dining option available. I got a good price for my room, but really they are practically shutting down the place right there and then. Hopefully I will have more than one dining choice, even though I am planning on two main island dinners the 4 nights I am there.

Looking forward to it nonetheless. We are going there to relax mainly.
Old Apr 4, 16, 2:44 pm

Does anyone have any (relatively) recent experience with upgrading award reservations? I have ~300k Hilton points that I'd like to put towards here, but I also want to make sure I get an OWB. Is there a way to book award nights and then pay to upgrade the room?

Thank you!

Edit: I actually see that there's some decent info on this in the preceding few pages. Thanks!

Last edited by kathode; Apr 5, 16 at 4:51 pm
Old Apr 9, 16, 9:44 am

I emailed the Hilton Bora Bora last night asking about when the 2017 schedule will be loaded and got the following information:

Availabilities and Rates for next year 2017 are not yet loaded in our reservation system because of the hotel renovation which is now ongoing until December 2016, and also because of the new name it will have when it will reopen. Indeed when the hotel will reopen in 2017, it will be called CONRAD Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa.
The 2017 rates and availabilities should be available around June/July 2016.
Old Apr 10, 16, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by mpeterson78 View Post
, it will be called CONRAD Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa.
.[/I]
Interesting, hopefully the renovation and amenities closures won't be a big issue, but given the renovation schedule seems like my room should be nearly up to new Conrad standards.
Old Jun 20, 16, 7:30 am

Do Conrad labeled resorts have better, more firm mattresses than Hiltons? I hope this resort, and Hilton Moorea, get firmer mattresses. Hilton BB had the worst beds I've ever slept on. They even switched out the mattress and the replacement was just as mushy. I've heard from others that I'm not the only one who's back kills after sleeping on the Hilton beds in FP. We almost booked somewhere else, because of the mushy mattresses, for our next trip to FP coming up next month, but had points to stay at the Hilton Moorea so gave in.
Old Jul 16, 16, 7:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Conrad franchise agreement signed

It's been unofficially confirmed for awhile, but nice to see this! I'm looking forward to another awesome option from my favorite Hilton brand.

http://m.hotelbusiness.com/Brands/Co...Bora-Nui/54553

Search this Thread