Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2023, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by escape4
I could see the argument of someone saying Conrad has worse service and F&B than StR, but dated rooms? If we asked the question to all people who have been to both Conrad and StR, I bet at least 90% would say StR has the more dated rooms. Hardware is a strong point at Conrad, and I frequently see it as a criticism for StR.
I spent 4 nights at each property last month:

- " StR has the more dated rooms": there is no question about this fact. At the Conrad, the over-the-water villas had more work done than the ones on the hill.

- I preferred, by far, the F&B at the Conrad, but thought the service (Front desk & Housekeeping) at the St Regis was much better, but the service at the breakfast at the Conrad was very good. At the St Regis, I would qualify the Concierge service at the St Regis as cumbersome (essentially pushing for restaurant reservations), while I find the one at the Conrad lighter (via WhatsApp, in my case) and more efficient.

Last edited by UASPG; Mar 20, 2023 at 11:23 am
Old Mar 21, 2023, 5:14 pm

I have a 5-nights reward stay booked in June, but I found I may end up being there 2 days later than originally booked. Does anyone have experience calling to shorten the reservation to a 3-nights stay? Is that possible when the dates are not having basic award spaces? Also If I cancel will it go back instantly to inventory?
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:31 am

Managed to find award nights opened for our June trip. Diamonds. Is there a process for inquiring about a paid upgrade?
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by CHSDOC
Managed to find award nights opened for our June trip. Diamonds. Is there a process for inquiring about a paid upgrade?
Yes inquire directly with the hotel. However their latest rules suggest that they won't offer you paid upgrades until two weeks before your trip. Although I've done it twice before without any problem when I booked (months before the trip), they did not budge on this two week rule this time around (for a September trip). So I canceled my reservation and am staying somewhere else (as noted above).

Last edited by yakel; Mar 23, 2023 at 9:50 am Reason: .
Old Mar 23, 2023, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Symons7
I have a 5-nights reward stay booked in June, but I found I may end up being there 2 days later than originally booked. Does anyone have experience calling to shorten the reservation to a 3-nights stay? Is that possible when the dates are not having basic award spaces? Also If I cancel will it go back instantly to inventory?
A data point if it can help anyone: I found the last 4 days of my booked dates somehow become available this morning, so I cancelled and re-booked to the last 3 days. However even after I cancelled, the first day still shows no availability. So cancelling previous award booking does NOT make it go back to the inventory.
49penguins likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Southwest A-List
My friend and I booked a trip to Tahiti for September after discovering some random cheap 1K/GS only Polaris award space on UA. Been checking the Conrad website frequently and a few weeks ago one night during our trip popped up and now another has and I booked both instantly. We want 3 days on Bora Bora if we do it and the new night now allows for multiple combinations of dates to work if they pop up. Perseverance can pay off! Fingers crossed.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:02 pm

I'm finishing my last night stay on points today, a few things to consider:

1. Hotel is running near 100% capacity, and the staff is clearly overworked, I imagine the services would be much better if occupancy rate isn't so high.
2. We did not get an upgrade upon arrival, consider cash upgrade options if they were offered, we got a few emails that offered cash rate to upgrade and prices went up progressively.
3. We got here at 12pm, early check in was not available, we waited 3 hours for our room, almost all public areas have no AC. We almost melted in the heat. Ask for a transit room or that little area by guest services where they have a bit of AC.
4. Mosquitoes are absolutely destroying everything out here, we ordered mostly in room dining as the result, mosquitoes made dining experiences intolerable for us. Repellents are not provided, you need to buy them from the souvenir shop.
5. Due to high occupancy rate, everything needs reservations, even the boat transfer to the main island. I tried to book the boat to main island for the same day and it was not possible. Also the pick up/drop off boat might not be the same, and it may not have 'Conrad' labeled. Make sure to ask otherwise you could miss the boat coming back to the resort.

The water is crystal clear up to 3 meters, sea life is abundant, sand is power fine. But the service is just lacking a bit.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 5:49 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Canceled rooms available

Yesterday afternoon I canceled award stays the nights of October 19, 20, and 21. This morning they are available.
49penguins likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:50 am

5 days til our stay there and the app says we’re in an Overwater Villa (booked base room on points). do they typically assign rooms a week out? based on the recent posts about this place I wasn’t expecting an upgrade so I’m not sure if I should get excited for it just yet.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 1:22 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by slindds
Mosquitoes are absolutely destroying everything out here, we ordered mostly in room dining as the result, mosquitoes made dining experiences intolerable for us. Repellents are not provided, you need to buy them from the souvenir shop.
I have never stayed in April so perhaps your experience differs but in multiple stays at Conrad BB I have never had any kind of mosquito problem and did not even need to use repellant. Perhaps a bit more noticeable and a minor annoyance during the beach dinner but from breakfast time until early evening, and from the overwater villas and beach villas at any time of day, it's pretty much a non-issue.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 3:56 pm

Do you need to make dining reservations prior to arrival or is that something you do on the day of arrival? Staying for 6 nights in a couple weeks.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 9:00 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton
Originally Posted by 49penguins
Do you need to make dining reservations prior to arrival or is that something you do on the day of arrival? Staying for 6 nights in a couple weeks.
I was there last week. They made a reservation for me the day I arrived. I made the rest of the reservations as part of my welcome that day as well.
49penguins likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 9:05 pm

I would make a tentative reservation for the first night or two and adjust (if needed) once you're at the resort. We didn't have issues making reservations each day for the following day when the resort was at 95% capacity.
49penguins likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by ramius256
I was there last week. They made a reservation for me the day I arrived. I made the rest of the reservations as part of my welcome that day as well.
Any chance you did the Polynesian night? I was going to do it but recent reviews on it have not been great considering the price they’re now charging, a pp here said they don’t even have the desert spread anymore?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton
Any chance you did the Polynesian night? I was going to do it but recent reviews on it have not been great considering the price they’re now charging, a pp here said they don’t even have the desert spread anymore?
They had the desert spread. The food is okay; my son loves the show part of it and that's why we went.
49penguins likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.