Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:25 am

I just snagged a 6 night stay in the last week of August.. Hopefully someone cancels something so I can use one last credit.

Has anyone done this trip while island hopping? I would like to stay in Moorea for several days and also several days in Nuka Hiva. I'd like to spend a week in Bora Bora and at least two day trips to Maupita. Maybe even Rarotonga too. I'm budgeting around 17-20 days total.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Alfonso904
I just snagged a 6 night stay in the last week of August.. Hopefully someone cancels something so I can use one last credit.

Has anyone done this trip while island hopping? I would like to stay in Moorea for several days and also several days in Nuka Hiva. I'd like to spend a week in Bora Bora and at least two day trips to Maupita. Maybe even Rarotonga too. I'm budgeting around 17-20 days total.
Pretty easy to island hop with an Air Tahiti multi-island pass, although there are some rules and regs, and the cost isn't cheap....but again easily doable. To Moorea from Tahiti, there's also a cheap and easy boat shuttle.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by yakel; Mar 3, 2023 at 6:39 am Reason: update
Old Mar 6, 2023, 7:22 am

Anyone know what is the typical time they allow check in/check out for Diamond? Conrad Rangali allowed me to check into my room at 8am and check out at 3pm. Does Conrad favor that for Diamond, especially after apparently the property doesn't see much Diamond members? I'm trying to figure out what times to land in Bora Bora and depart.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 7:42 am

Anyone know what is the typical time they allow check in/check out for Diamond? Conrad Rangali allowed me to check into my room at 8am and check out at 3pm. Does Conrad favor that for Diamond, especially after apparently the property doesn't see much Diamond members? I'm trying to figure out what times to land in Bora Bora and depart.
Early check in is dependent on occupancy, but if they know you are arriving early and are a Diamond, then they may accommodate faster.

You have to check out of room on time, but they still allow use of all hotel facilities after that.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by seychellesbound
Early check in is dependent on occupancy, but if they know you are arriving early and are a Diamond, then they may accommodate faster.

You have to check out of room on time, but they still allow use of all hotel facilities after that.
Gotcha. I will email ahead of time. I figure worst case scenario we lounge around the island.

Do you know if other resorts such as Four Seasons or St.Regis let you have dinner/lunch in their resort? I'd really like to take a day to tour those properties and eat lunch/dinner there once.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 8:29 am

Gotcha. I will email ahead of time. I figure worst case scenario we lounge around the island.

Do you know if other resorts such as Four Seasons or St.Regis let you have dinner/lunch in their resort? I'd really like to take a day to tour those properties and eat lunch/dinner there once.
Shouldn't be any problem having a meal at either hotel; this issue is how you will get there from the CBB. Others might have precise ideas.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 11:13 am

Can anyone give a review on how the scuba diving is here and which shop to use?
Old Mar 7, 2023, 9:00 pm

Bora Bora’s waters are amazing, loaded with sea life. I would head over to Trip Advisor to check out the various outfits.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:11 am

we really enjoyed diving with

https://www.eleutheraboradiving.com/en

one of the smaller dive operators on the island…
Old Mar 8, 2023, 2:38 pm

FYI guys, AMEX on the Platinum has a spend $1,000, get $200 back for resorts right now and specifically is listing resorts in French Polynesia in the terms. Any word if this will work with the Conrad Bora Bora and will let us prepay our accounts like the Conrad Maldives would?

Old Mar 8, 2023, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA, QF, DL, A3, IHG
FYI guys, AMEX on the Platinum has a spend $1,000, get $200 back for resorts right now and specifically is listing resorts in French Polynesia in the terms. Any word if this will work with the Conrad Bora Bora and will let us prepay our accounts like the Conrad Maldives would?
Look at the T&Cs, it's clearly included.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by plas
Yes, there's a full list here.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 7:28 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus - 1K
Quick question for those who have been to the Conrad bora bora; is it normal that they are requesting the two night deposit in an email through a payment site? I would have assumed this would have been taken care of through hilton.com when placing the reservation.

I've also had the reservation booked since last August, and since they have been able to lower the cost approximately $700 each time I rebook. Has anyone run into issues when doing this via hilton.com once the deposit has been paid?
Old Mar 9, 2023, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by plas
Originally Posted by Majuki
Yes, there's a full list here.
Can anyone report if they themselves have tried a predeposit on their stay and got the $200 back?
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by rj_flyer
Is it normal that they are requesting the two night deposit in an email through a payment site?
I can't speak to this as I have done only an award stay.

Originally Posted by rj_flyer
Has anyone run into issues when doing this via hilton.com once the deposit has been paid?
While there shouldn't be any issues with deposits being carried forward within the reservation, Hilton is notorious for reverting to the earlier, higher rate when rebooking to get a lower rate in the same reservation. As a best practice with Hilton, if I find a lower rate I will cancel the original booking and rebook under a new reservation number.

Can anyone report if they themselves have tried a predeposit on their stay and got the $200 back?
If the hotel is asking for a prepayment via a link, someone will have to be the data point to see if it registers as an eligible transaction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.