Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
I just cancelled 9/6-9/11 (5 nights) standard award and it immediately went back into inventory, if someone wants to grab it. It was 356k when I booked it but looks like it's 480k now.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by SanibelJack
We are currently here on a 6 night point stay. We are Diamond but we know comp upgrades are limited so when Hilton asked if we wanted a paid upgrade to an OWB we accepted, only to then get a notice that that was pending availability. When we got here the hotel was sold out so we got it- no upgrades, comp or paid. We asked that they upgrade us when space became available later in the week, at the time Thursday and Friday were showing tons of availability. Today we asked again about a comp or paid upgrade to an OWB, as there is still availability showing. We were told no. I understand that the OWB are more than one level above the standard redemption rooms, but I’ve never been denied a paid upgrade when there is space available. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions or work arounds? Can the Hilton Diamond line help? Thanks.
It’s probably too late now but did you ask them about the specific days and rooms you see available online?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:25 am

Regarding the xfer from BOB, do they proactively reach out to guests or guests must take the initiative?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Regarding the xfer from BOB, do they proactively reach out to guests or guests must take the initiative?
They'll reach out. Review whatever emails they send you and you will see an ask for your flight info.
mlqsko likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slindds
Will the resort allow 2 adults and 2 children (5 and 3) into a standard award room that sleeps 3?
yes - room capacity is 3 adults or 2 adults 2 children

https://www.conradboraboranuiresort.com/stay/
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Can anyone point me in the direction of upgrade rates for basic points stay to OWV?

I couldn't find a Wiki for this hotel like the Conrad Maldives has.

We are staying booked on points on the lowest level room next year and would like to upgrade to a Sunset OWV. Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by jeffers
Can anyone point me in the direction of upgrade rates for basic points stay to OWV?

I couldn't find a Wiki for this hotel like the Conrad Maldives has.

We are staying booked on points on the lowest level room next year and would like to upgrade to a Sunset OWV. Thanks!
Prices vary depending on seasonality and occupancy. You can reach out to the resort and they will provide pricing.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Prices vary depending on seasonality and occupancy. You can reach out to the resort and they will provide pricing.
I know.

I was asking if there's any idea based on season etc, as the Maldives thread has this in the wiki for that property.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Tipping frauds at the Conrad ?

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/07/31/compensation-clinic-fraud-at-the-conrad-bora-bora-nui/?omhide=true

https://www.hotelexecutive.com/newswire/67855/conrad-bora-bora-nui-resort-names-stuart-de-san-nicolas-as-general-manager

Last edited by UASPG; Jul 31, 2022 at 1:40 pm
Old Jul 31, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Tahiti's Air Moana on track for September launch

Originally Posted by freppa87
Air Moana is supposedly to start flying in September 2022, but haven't started any ticket sales. The latest article I can find on the subject is from mid-May 2022, and it mentions still on track for September launch. I'm travelling in October 2022 and although some of the most attractive flights have become 30-40$ more expensive, I'm holding out to see if any of these other carriers are starting operations.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...ptember-launch

https://www.alternativeairlines.com/air-moana
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
As a best practice I always take a photo of the receipt if there is a tip adjustment and then reconcile with a printout of the bill at the reception when checking out. I didn't have any issues with this property, but we didn't use any spa services. I left cash tips for the most part too in order to use up the XPF I had.
UASPG likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:39 pm

At the property now using my AMEX free night certificate. Like to most on here recently we didn't receive a upgrade as Diamond members. The room is showing ages with weird stains on the wall from one of the AC units, and on the closet doors.. see attached for reference.. the wall looks like I'm at some rundown motel.

The shower also has a smell coming up from the drainage - it gets better during and immediately after showers but the smell comes back hours after. Have to close the shower and bathroom doors so the smell doesn't permeate the room.

Also yesterday was my first time staying at a hotel where the cleaning crew left one of the cleaning rags ON MY pajamas. I know accidents happen but I honestly had higher expectations for Conrad, especially given the cash rates even at the Lagoon view unit..

Any suggestions on what's the appropriate ask here and who to talk to? I've reached out on whatsapp to two of the staff members but haven't received much response. We're staying for a few more nights..

Thanks!

wall stain from AC...

Last edited by andycww; Aug 1, 2022 at 7:22 pm
Old Aug 1, 2022, 9:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG UA G Hilton Diamond
I am also staying here right now and it seems the staff have little power to do anything for the guests if something wrong occurs.

As a diamond we were only upgraded as a check in snafu, totally on the hotel, somehow allowed a garden view room with pool to open up. During our check in nightmare we had to ask for free drinks as the pain of waiting for a room long after check in and they hadn’t offered us any compensation but we’re glad to take our money.

Regardless everything else here has been great and the diamond breakfast is a nice touch. After reading some previous posts I was worried but overall it has been a great stay.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:50 am

So no room upgrades at all for Diamond members? Any luck asking about the upgrade? I'll be going there in 2 weeks and was hoping to snag at least 1 level upgrade from Lagoon to Garden View. Availability of rooms seem to be plentiful from what I'm seeing online, so that's strange the rooms are not being offered.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG UA G Hilton Diamond
You may be given a single level upgrade. But nothing like garden to OWB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.