FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:02 pm
slindds

I'm finishing my last night stay on points today, a few things to consider:

1. Hotel is running near 100% capacity, and the staff is clearly overworked, I imagine the services would be much better if occupancy rate isn't so high.
2. We did not get an upgrade upon arrival, consider cash upgrade options if they were offered, we got a few emails that offered cash rate to upgrade and prices went up progressively.
3. We got here at 12pm, early check in was not available, we waited 3 hours for our room, almost all public areas have no AC. We almost melted in the heat. Ask for a transit room or that little area by guest services where they have a bit of AC.
4. Mosquitoes are absolutely destroying everything out here, we ordered mostly in room dining as the result, mosquitoes made dining experiences intolerable for us. Repellents are not provided, you need to buy them from the souvenir shop.
5. Due to high occupancy rate, everything needs reservations, even the boat transfer to the main island. I tried to book the boat to main island for the same day and it was not possible. Also the pick up/drop off boat might not be the same, and it may not have 'Conrad' labeled. Make sure to ask otherwise you could miss the boat coming back to the resort.

The water is crystal clear up to 3 meters, sea life is abundant, sand is power fine. But the service is just lacking a bit.