Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Prague Old Town {CZE}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:16 pm

A question about wireless Internet at this property:

The hotel website states that free wifi is available in the lobby & a few other shared areas, and that "high-speed Internet" is available in the guest rooms. Remarks on some review sites suggest that the in-room access is wired only. Is that correct?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:46 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I had wi-fi in my room and the lounge. Friends with me had iPads and used wi-fi in their room and the lounge, too. We were on different floors. Really can't speak for the entire hotel, though.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Just returned from a four night stay at the Hilton Old Town.

As a Gold member, we were upgraded to a Club room on the Club floor (8th floor). Room wasn't very large, but we weren't really there to hang out in the room. Overall happy with it. Front desk and lounge staff were very friendly. Lounge offerings were good. Front desk at checkin said we could choose between lounge and restaurant for breakfast. For convenience and speed we went to the lounge.

Hotel location is very convenient for exploring Prague. We never used public transportation or Uber/taxi; everything was easily walkable.

On our last day, we took the hotel car to the main train station (it would have been a 10 min walk, we only had rollaboards).

Wifi in the room and lounge worked fine.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton Honors, Hertz
I finished a 4-night stay here not long ago. I had an exec suite on the 9th floor. Very nice room. Wifi in the room and exec lounge was fast enough to stream movies from my plex server at home.

I did breakfast in the lounge most of the time. I had breakfast downstairs once and while the selection was wider, all my favorites were upstairs for breakfast.

I walked everywhere I needed to go except when we went to the castle. Took a cab there and walked back.

I would stay there again (likely in July) and would recommend.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Booked two rooms here last week for 5-nights each. As a Diamond, my room was upgraded to Junior Suite on the 4th floor (other room stayed as booked).

Had breakfast in the restaurant each morning and was pleased to see that they also comped it four the second room, so all for of us got breakfast for free each morning.

Loved the location and was able to walk just about everywhere. Would recommend.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Are all the suites in the attic with slated ceilings and/ow windows?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan
Are all the suites in the attic with slated ceilings and/ow windows?
Governor Suite for sure has this arrangement but it didn't bother us.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by hugolover
Governor Suite for sure has this arrangement but it didn't bother us.
Any posters have experience with the regular suites (ie, in the attic with slanted roofs). I was thinking of a paid upgrade to a suite, but not sure if it is in the attic.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Originally Posted by beachfan
Any posters have experience with the regular suites (ie, in the attic with slanted roofs). I was thinking of a paid upgrade to a suite, but not sure if it is in the attic.
I stayed in the Exec Suite and it had this but it was so spacious and enjoyable it didn't bother me. Had 6 people in the suite for a few drinks one evening and didn't feel cramped at all!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:10 am

Thanks! Has anyone had a suite that didn't have the slanted windows?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:59 am

Just completed a 5-night stay at Prague Old Town booked in the name of my Diamond DW.

Excellent in all respects. The hotel is 10-12 minutes on foot from the main train station (Hlavni Nadrazi) and catty-cornered to the smaller Masarykovo station (where the planned rail link to the airport will terminate, assuming it ever gets built). There's also easy Metro access--you can enter the Namesti Republiky subway station around the corner without even crossing the street--and six different tram lines stop in front of Masarykovo.
The property lies just east of Old Town proper, about a 10-minute walk to the main square. Wenceslas Square is also ~10 mins by foot along Na Prikope (a pedestrianized street) lined with interesting Art Nouveau buildings.
Check-in
Fairly smooth, with no wait. (The front desk seems to be well staffed; I don't think we ever saw a line there.)
Status recognition
The FDC remarked on my DW's status and gave us a sheet with info on Exec Lounge access. No mention of breakfast option in the restaurant until I asked (answer: yes). Also, see below re room.
Room
Our king BR was comfortable, with good work area, built-in ledge big enough to hold two roll-aboard suitcases, and well-designed closet/shelf space adequate for two adults. (Plus an immense LCD TV we never turned on.) Excellent fit & finish; no visible wear in the main room. Blackout curtains were only so-so; center section was made of non-opaque light-colored fabric vs. darker outer sections.

The bathroom was good, with an Italian-style tub/shower (fixed glass half-partition) and a decent amount of counter space. The sink had some minor damage that didn't affect usability. Large, plush towels^. A few small shortcomings: ceiling fan wasn't working, toilet is installed oddly close to one wall (so your shoulder is right up against it), no non-slamming seat/cover on toilet, and no shelf in shower for soap/shampoo.

One big knock on this room? It looked out onto a grubby interior courtyard. My DW called to ask if there was one with more agreeable views & was told no. (That struck me then, and still strikes me, as a BS answer. Yes, the hotel was fully booked, but it's just not plausible that at 5:30pm they had zero unassigned rooms--including non-Exec-floor, non-suite rooms--with better views. It also raises the question why the hotel didn't pre-block a better room, given that we'd made this reservation months earlier.)

Another fail: the two complimentary bottles of water were nowhere to be found. (Contrast this with the Hilton Budapest City the previous week, where as a mere Gold member I found water, two splits of wine, and some petit fours waiting for us in the room when we arrived in the early evening.) This was cured only after my DW mentioned it to the lounge manager.
Housekeeping
Good. Most importantly, they respected our DND door hanger regardless of the hour.
Wifi
Worked fine, both in room and in lounge.
Lounge/restaurant
For general comments on breakfast options, see this post in the master breakfast thread.

For overall comments on the lounge, see this post. (TLDR: pretty good except that it's rather close quarters and at times the service staff are over-attentive to the point of intrusiveness.)
Miscellaneous
Elevators were very quick to arrive. Having CNN going on a big screen on the car's rear wall was not especially welcome.

More than once when I asked to break a bill, the FDC told me there wasn't much petty cash & she needed it to deal with guest payments. Management needs to do better anticipating this kind of routine request.
Overall
The positives very much outweigh the negatives, and I'd stay here again without hesitation.

That said, I don't think expecting better Diamond recognition--especially delivery of a basic amenity such as bottled water--is like demanding a helipad and room for a giraffe. After an equally long stay the previous week at the Hilton Budapest City, where I got much better treatment as a mere Gold, this was a disappointment.

Last edited by beltway; Sep 26, 2017 at 3:46 pm
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:45 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
We stayed two nights at the Old Town Prague in early March. We found the hotel to be quite nice - location was good, staff was friendly and we felt the lounge and breakfast at the restaurant were of good value.

Our room seemed a bit on the dated side but this was not a major detraction for us. Some pictures from our stay: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...ague-old-town/
Old May 3, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
The hotel offers parking but at 750czk. Any place close that might be cheaper (won't really need in and out)?
Old May 20, 2018, 11:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
If I am a gold and order a regular room will I automatically get executive lounge access or not? Prices are quite a bit more for the executive rooms. I should already get a continental breakfast as MyWay benefit as a gold member.

Last edited by bimmerfreak0; May 20, 2018 at 11:41 am
Old May 21, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0
If I am a gold and order a regular room will I automatically get executive lounge access or not? Prices are quite a bit more for the executive rooms. I should already get a continental breakfast as MyWay benefit as a gold member.
Tiers and Benefits - Hilton Honors Loyalty Rewards

This benefit page is unclear but it used to be gold only had access if upgrade to the executive floor which I believe there are 3 at this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.