Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Thanks MF! I was thinking the glass bottomed boat would be a good idea since our daughter has never snorkelled before.

One last question, does the dive shop have those inflatable boogie boards with the window in them? I had never heard of them until last night when I was reading on Trip Advisor on a topic of snorkelling without being able to swim (it was on one of the Hawaii forums) and somebody posted about these inflatable things - there’s also a version which is slightly bigger called the Aquavue Voyager - basically an inflatable little raft (kid size) but it has a clear bottom to it so they just lie on it and can see the water underneath if that makes sense. Thoughts? I’d like her to be able to see some marine life if she can but if those things are no good, then we can make do with the boat and Ithaa!

Also, I can’t remember how shallow / deep the water is going out towards the house reef - do you know? Hopefully on our next trip she might be able to snorkel.

Hopefully last question, just regarding life vests - I assume they have kid size ones or do I need to bring our own one?

Actually one more question! Has anybody done the turtle snorkelling safari??
Not sure about the see-through inflatables. Best bet would be to email the resort and ask.
The water going out towards the house reef is super suitable for young kids because the gradient is really slight and it's like that all the way out. You only start to see a decent amount of fish at about waist level at low tide but there are plenty of small coral formations at shallower-than-waist depths that should keep her interested.
The do have kids lifevests so don't worry about that.
Sorry but I haven't been on the Snorkelling Safari but I'm sure there are some folks here that have been.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:42 pm

Arriving in 2 days time. Our first trip and super excited thanks to all the fabulous info and tips here. Quick question regarding luggage. I know we are allowed 25kg per checked piece and 5kg per hand luggage/roll on. We also have a few personal item (handbag and backpacks) that airlines allow in addition for free. Do they weigh that too?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Yes, TMA weighs everything you bring on board.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:20 pm

.....including the feathers in your hat, LOL.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:55 pm

Sounds like a few benefit changes for the negative
I will also be arriving this weekend and also appreciate all the tips in here! I will post some updates during the stay. Anyone have any recent luck with villa upgrades?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; United Silver
Originally Posted by pineapple_09
Actually one more question! Has anybody done the turtle snorkelling safari??
I didn't get to do the turtle safari because not enough people signed up, but I did the Snorkeling Hopping which stops at the turtle point anyway. I was told the Turtle Safari is by Dhoni and apparently it takes about 45 minutes travel time each way to get to the turtle spot. Hopping is by motor boat (travel time to the turtle point is 15 minutes) and makes a lot more stops including the manta rays if you are lucky.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
.....including the feathers in your hat, LOL.
So your allowance is 5kg for roll-on + handbag/backback?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:07 pm

They don't make the distinction, all the weight is added together.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by s879
So your allowance is 5kg for roll-on + handbag/backback?
Huh? I was kidding.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:41 pm

Congratulations Dinner

Hey! Does anyone have any info on the Congratulations dinner at the Conrad? Price? Location (saw mentioned above Sunset Grill is closed until November)? What separates it from just a regular dinner? Did not see this get asked in the thread - but apologies if this is a duplicate.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:53 pm

Sunset Grill is closed until November? Where did you read that?
There is a special set menu and it's free (since you're required to have been married less than a year to qualify for it). I don't think I've ever seen someone post the menu. Could have but maybe quite a few years ago. Maybe someone has a photo they can upload.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by senatorbrown
Hey! Does anyone have any info on the Congratulations dinner at the Conrad? Price? Location (saw mentioned above Sunset Grill is closed until November)? What separates it from just a regular dinner? Did not see this get asked in the thread - but apologies if this is a duplicate.
Pretty sure it was free when I was there for my honeymoon in February 2018.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:15 pm
MTY

I assume I can do this but I'd like to be sure. We are staying 4 nights at the end of April and I'd like to (upon checkout) split our folio (including sea plane for 2 people, F&B, etc) in to two or possibly 3 separate CC's payments. In other words, can I pay our bill using multiple cards?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; United Silver
Originally Posted by MTY
I assume I can do this but I'd like to be sure. We are staying 4 nights at the end of April and I'd like to (upon checkout) split our folio (including sea plane for 2 people, F&B, etc) in to two or possibly 3 separate CC's payments. In other words, can I pay our bill using multiple cards?
Shouldn't be a problem. I put $250 on my Aspire to get the resort credit and the remainder on my Ascend so it would count towards the $15000 for the weekend night.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by MTY
In other words, can I pay our bill using multiple cards?
Yes, you can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.