Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2008, 8:01 pm

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Thumbs down no mas

They're just Trident branded now. I had the same problem with my trip planning for next month and will end up with some orphan MC points instead of HHonors.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood gold
Thanks. Obviously a bit of a void in Hilton's porfolio. Can anyone from Hilton give an update?
Old Aug 23, 2008, 1:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
All the Tridents left Hilton a few years back, but there is a move afoot to regain market share, however I doubt you'll find any branded properties until next year

Originally Posted by SAGA
I am planning a trip around India this Winter and am hoping to stay at Hiltons. When I last looked there were a number of hilton/trident hotels around the country. But now, I don't see any.

Does anyone know what the status is regarding Hiton hotels in India? I particularly need accommodation in New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur.

Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 1:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Many of us are looking forward to Hilton's plans in India, which include:

"The first 10 sites where the Hilton-DLF joint venture will open hotels are as follows:
1. Hilton Garden Inn, Saket
2. Hilton Garden Inn Rohini, New Delhi
3. Hilton Garden Inn Mysore, Karnataka
4. Hilton Whitefield Bangalore
5. Hilton Kolkata
6. Hilton Garden Inn Bhubaneshwar
7. Homewood Suites Bhubaneshwar
8. Hilton Garden Inn Hyderabad
9. Homewood Suites Hyderabad
10. Hilton Goa Convention Centre"

(Hilton news release)

Maybe, dare we hope for it, more reasonably priced hotels in India?
Old Aug 26, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Its a shame about Trident/Hiltons India

As I stayed 6 nights (1 Agra, 3 Jaipur and 2 Udaipur) for a TOTAL of 60K HH points this past Feb. which was high season. I really enjoyed the properties and of course India was amazing. when I was in Udaipur the Cheetah Girls were there filming their new movie and staying at the Trident.

I just checked today as I am planning on going back in Feb and NO hotels listed.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 9.9MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Does anybody know if the following Hilton in New Delhi is on track to open as planned?

Hilton New Delhi Janakpuri
Janakpuri District Centre Complex, New Delhi, India 110058
Tel: 91-11-4123-4123 Fax: 91-11-4123-4124

This hotel will be joining the Hilton Family soon but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in May 2009.

Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 8:36 am

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
It was reported just a day or two ago in an Indian newspaper that Hilton is now looking for partners outside of DLF. DLF has been under severe financial pressure since the collapse of the property bubble in India.

Practically all of DLF'S expansion plans are on hold.

Unfortunately, this just puts another question mark on Hilton's presence in India.

Originally Posted by JDiver
Many of us are looking forward to Hilton's plans in India, which include:

"The first 10 sites where the Hilton-DLF joint venture will open hotels are as follows:
1. Hilton Garden Inn, Saket
2. Hilton Garden Inn Rohini, New Delhi
3. Hilton Garden Inn Mysore, Karnataka
4. Hilton Whitefield Bangalore
5. Hilton Kolkata
6. Hilton Garden Inn Bhubaneshwar
7. Homewood Suites Bhubaneshwar
8. Hilton Garden Inn Hyderabad
9. Homewood Suites Hyderabad
10. Hilton Goa Convention Centre"

(Hilton news release)

Maybe, dare we hope for it, more reasonably priced hotels in India?
Old Aug 21, 2009, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Hilton properties in India

there are no hilton properties left in india since the end of the hilton-oberoi partnership last year....i have been reading reports about a dozen properties in the works & the first of which was supposed to open q4 of last year....we are now well into q3 of this year & still no hilton properties here....2 properties in delhi & 1 in chennai show up on hilton.com but there is no official news as to when they will be opening their doors....as i mentioned earlier, the one in saket, new delhi was due to open in november last year & any calls to the hotel about their start date leaves me with more questions than answers....now with the arrival of hhonorsrepresentative here at the forum, i was wondering if all of us in india or traveling to india may be able to get some answers....
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
hey andrea & teresa....any clue when these 3 properties in india will start taking bookings????
Old Oct 8, 2009, 9:58 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by saad
hey andrea & teresa....any clue when these 3 properties in india will start taking bookings????

Hello,

The Hilton Garden Inn is projected to open Nov/01/09. The Hilton New Delhi is scheduled to open sometime next year.

This is the only information I have at this time.

Thanks,
HHonorsRepresentative (Teresa)
Old Oct 8, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Hotel Availability

From the respective hotel websites:

This hotel will be joining the Hilton Family soon and is presently accepting reservations for arrival March 1, 2010 and beyond.

Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi/Saket
A4 DLF PLACE SAKET DISTRICT CENTRE, New Delhi, India 110017
Tel: +91-11-39191919 Fax: +91-11-39191920

This hotel will be joining the Hilton Family soon and is presently accepting reservations for arrival March 1, 2010 and beyond.

This hotel will be joining the Hilton Family soon but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open Fourth Quarter 2009.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Ahhh, Hilton is returning to India, finally. We can hope the HGI will provide the usual standardized property - and we can seriously hope it will be at a reasonable price.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
From the respective hotel websites:

Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi/Saket
A4 DLF PLACE SAKET DISTRICT CENTRE, New Delhi, India 110017
Tel: +91-11-39191919 Fax: +91-11-39191920

This hotel will be joining the Hilton Family soon but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open Fourth Quarter 2009.
i have been checking the respective hotel websites all year & the info keeps changing every few months....when i last called the garden inn saket, they told me 15th november was their start date....the hilton janakpuri told me they will begin taking reservations in december....but like i said before, this info has changed so many times over this year that i have no faith in what they tell me....
Old Oct 9, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 9.9MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by saad
i have been checking the respective hotel websites all year & the info keeps changing every few months....when i last called the garden inn saket, they told me 15th november was their start date....the hilton janakpuri told me they will begin taking reservations in december....but like i said before, this info has changed so many times over this year that i have no faith in what they tell me....
Agreed, I have traveled to India a half dozen times this year, beginning back in April, and for every trip I tried to book one of the India Hiltons. Each time it is "The hotel is not accepting reservations, but should be by next month".
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:21 am

Thats disappointing..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.