Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:16 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, ET Gold, M&M FTL, UA Silver, EY Silver, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Aircoco
India 5 stars hotels are very expensive, indeed good to hear that they are adding more properties to this country.

Are there any nice resorts in India? Like the Bali, Phuket or Hawaii.
There are plenty of resorts in Goa. I stayed by three during my last trip - Marriott, Radisson and Park Hyatt. I would definitely recommend the Park Hyatt - it is an incredible property if quite expensive (although no more so than any of the other resorts)...
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I've stayed at the InterContinental Goa and the Park Hyatt Goa -- both (and especially the IC) are quite the drive from the main Goan airport serving the state -- and enjoyed them. They aren't over the top, but they were decent enough that I'm not hesitating returning early next year.
Old May 12, 2007, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Hilton-DLF Joint-Venture Properties In India

Here's the first wave on the table for development:

Hilton Goa Convention Center, Goa (Goa)
Hilton Whitefield, Bangalore (Karnataka)
Hilton Kolkata, Calcutta (W.B.)
HGI Rohini, New Delhi (Delhi)
HGI Saket, New Delhi (Delhi)
HGI Bhubaneshwar, Bhubaneshwar (Orissa)
HGI Hyderabad, Hyderabad (A.P.)
HGI Mysore, Mysore (Karnataka)
Homewood Suites Bhubaneshwar, Bhubaneshwar (Orissa)
Homewood Suites Hyderabad, Hyderabad (A.P.)

The HGI Saket-Delhi is slated to be the first one up and running out of the list above. Probably sometime in 2008.
Old May 13, 2007, 12:14 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Good news GUWonder. India really needs some quality mid-level accomodations and hopefully HGI will set that trend.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 7:48 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Thumbs down Oberois/Trident Hotels India break up with Hilton

Come April 2008, Trident Hilton Hotels will be re-branded as Trident Hotels, including Mumbai’s landmark Hilton Towers.

This follows a decision by East India Hotels, the owners of the Oberoi Group of hotels, to terminate its strategic alliance for marketing and co-branding with the US-based hospitality chain, Hilton International.

Currently, there are seven Trident Hilton properties across the country in Gurgaon, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai and Cochin, apart from Mumbai property, with a cumulative inventory of 1,900 rooms. The Oberoi-Hilton alliance came into effect in 2004. Following the break-up, Mumbai’s Hilton Towers will now be re-branded as Trident Towers.

EIH chairman PRS Oberoi said, “We wish to independently pursue the development of the Trident brand in India but could not do so and maintain the Hilton alliance at the same time.”

EIH has already chalked out an aggressive expansion plan for the Trident brand in the country, with new properties set to open at Bandra Kurla in Mumbai, at the new international airport in Bangalore, and at Hitech City in Hyderabad, adding another 1,300 rooms in the process.

Kolkata, Chandigarh and Delhi are the other prospective destinations for the Trident brand, a senior company executive said. Speaking to ET, EIH vice-chairman S S Mukherji said Hilton’s multi-brand strategy in India could dilute the positioning of the Trident brand. “Using the Hilton name along with mid-market brand such as Garden Inn can send confusing signals to the customer,” he added.

More info here:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/2406214.cms
Old Sep 26, 2007, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
The property in Agra was not really fit to be a Hilton property anyway.
The Sheraton in Agra is a true 5 star and the Trident Hilton was hardly a 3 star.
The Gurgaon Hilton (Delhi) is a decent property but nothing great and has a really poor location.
Not sure about the others.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 6:26 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by grayland
The property in Agra was not really fit to be a Hilton property anyway.
The Sheraton in Agra is a true 5 star and the Trident Hilton was hardly a 3 star.
The Gurgaon Hilton (Delhi) is a decent property but nothing great and has a really poor location.
Not sure about the others.
The Mumbai Hilton will be a loss. It was attached to the Oberoi so you had access to the Oberoi restaurants in addition to those of the Hilton itself.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 7:20 am
Suspended

Some of these Trident Hiltons are great redemption values in-season. For the upcoming busy tourist season, eat it up while it lasts. After this, redemption opportunities in India will be quite limited for some time and more expensive in points than today.

Given Hilton's latest announced expansion plans did not include their rather recent partner inside India, this break-up was inevitable.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:23 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by grayland
The property in Agra was not really fit to be a Hilton property anyway......
for $30 US a night it definitely was. But now there is NO reason not to stay at the sheraton there instead.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Darn, that's a disappointment. I really liked the Hilton Trident Gurgaon- for me it was convenient to our offices in DLF. Glad I got one stay with Hilton points last May. With any luck I'll be able to bag another before the change in April.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Athena53
Darn, that's a disappointment. I really liked the Hilton Trident Gurgaon- for me it was convenient to our offices in DLF. Glad I got one stay with Hilton points last May. With any luck I'll be able to bag another before the change in April.
Hilton has at least two or maybe it's even three or more properties slated to come up around DLF in the next couple of years.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 8:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
OTOH, do I recall something about Hilton Garden Inn coming to India?

I could imagine something less amazingly expensive than the top hotels, with HGI reliability, would be rather welcome on the subcontinent.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 8:43 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by JDiver

I could imagine something less amazingly expensive than the top hotels, with HGI reliability, would be rather welcome on the subcontinent.
I heard that too - similarly there's a crowne plaza coming up in Delhi, and a Courtyard By Marriott up and running in MAA ..
Old Sep 28, 2007, 8:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JDiver

Yes. There's at least one slated for the DEL area -- it might even be two around there.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 8:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That is, IMO, very good news! ^

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Yes. There's at least one slated for the DEL area -- it might even be two around there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.