Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2004, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

I saw a reference to this somewhere else on Flyertalk. The proof can be found on Hilton's website.

6 Cat 1's
1 Cat 3
1 Cat 4

Article on 9 New Hiltons

I tried to post a direct link on hilton's website to search, but that didn't go so well. If U do go search, only 8 show up.

------------------
doglover

[This message has been edited by doglover (edited Feb 22, 2004).]
Old Feb 22, 2004, 5:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doglover:
I saw a reference to this somewhere else on Flyertalk. The proof can be found on Hilton's website.

6 Cat 1's
1 Cat 3
1 Cat 4

Article on 9 New Hiltons

I tried to post a direct link on hilton's website to search, but that didn't go so well. If U do go search, only 8 show up.

</font>
Gurgaon (ex-Delhi) is Cat 4.
Mumbai/Bombay is Cat 3.
The rest in India are Cat 1.

This is very good. I guess I can now entertain clients on the cheap in India using my hotel points.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 10:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
This thread refers to Hilton Hotels - I ask the question because I read somewhere that the Taj group of hotels will be affiliated with the HHonors program?
Old Feb 22, 2004, 10:28 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerGoldII:
This thread refers to Hilton Hotels - I ask the question because I read somewhere that the Taj group of hotels will be affiliated with the HHonors program?</font>
I think the reference should have been to the Oberoi hotels and not the Taj Hotels. The Taj Hotels have been pushing to be affiliated with Leading Hotels of the World as much as possible -- although a fair amount of their properties do not qualify.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 10:55 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doglover:

6 Cat 1's
1 Cat 3
1 Cat 4

Article on 9 New Hiltons

</font>
This is cool. I hope they are tied to the Oberoi or Taj group.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 11:38 am
Community Director Emerita

The Trident hotels are B tier hotels of the Oberoi group. B747-347B says many are very good properties.

I am thru my India travelling for awhile, but think this is great. Good Indian hotels are pricey, and this gives us options for some affordable (Category 1) award stays.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 12:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Can anyone indicate the name of the Hilton Hotels, in India (is there a web site?) indicating this piece of news?

In addition, is there a web site indicating the link between Oberoi Hotels, and HHonors?
Old Feb 22, 2004, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerGoldII:
Can anyone indicate the name of the Hilton Hotels, in India (is there a web site?) indicating this piece of news?

In addition, is there a web site indicating the link between Oberoi Hotels, and HHonors?
</font>

A) go to hilton.com, search by country select India

B) click on the link in the first post
Old Feb 22, 2004, 2:32 pm
Suspended

</font>
www.tridenthotelsgroup.com has all their properties. Only about half of them are coming over to Hilton. Sadly, the best end is not ... including the ___vilas hotels.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
This was the list in the latest email from Hilton:

• Hilton Towers Mumbai
Mumbai, India Opening April 2004!
• Trident Hilton Agra
Agra, India Opening April 2004!
• Trident Hilton Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar, India Opening April 2004!
• Trident Hilton Chennai
Chennai, India Opening April 2004!
• Trident Hilton Cochin
Cochin, India Opening April 2004!
• Trident Hilton Gurgaon
Gurgaon, India Opening April 2004!
• Trident Hilton Jaipur
Jaipur, India Opening April 2004!
• Trident Hilton Udaipur
Udaipur, India Opening April 2004!

I am not up on all the revised city names, so a few of these are likely in cities we know by their colonial names. This would mark a retrun to the country, albeit for a short while when Hilton had a property just east of Connaught Place in New Delhi. That hotel is now the InterContinental, and had been a Holiday Inn shortly after it left the Hilton fold. Stayed there a couple of times back in the mid-90s.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 8:20 pm

Missing, are Trident Hiltons in Delhi and Goa.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 12:09 am
Suspended

Missing, are Trident Hiltons in Delhi and Goa.</font>
The "Delhi" one is outside in Gurgaon where all the new call centers are up and running.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 3:58 am

sounds like these r not new hotels, but existing hotels with a new name?
Old Feb 23, 2004, 4:15 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by saimike:
sounds like these r not new hotels, but existing hotels with a new name?</font>
Exactly. Only the one in Gurgaon to my knowledge may be new and even that I do not know. We do not put clients or staff up out there.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 5:42 am
Suspended

As a background on per night rates:

• Hilton Towers Mumbai: US$120-175
• Trident Hilton Agra: US$50-100
• Trident Hilton Bhubaneswar: US$100-250
• Trident Hilton Chennai: US$120-175
• Trident Hilton Cochin: US$80-175
• Trident Hilton Gurgaon (Delhi suburb): Unknown
• Trident Hilton Jaipur: US$120-250
• Trident Hilton Udaipur: US$120-175

Mumbai is Bombay and Chennai is Madras. Some linguistic groups in India are on a name-changing kick. Part of the national/ethnic chauvinism movement there.

[This message has been edited by GUWonder (edited Feb 23, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.