Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2007, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JDiver
That is, IMO, very good news! ^
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621510

Two HGIs for the DEL area:

Rohini and Saket

More details on this and other Hilton plans for India here:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....829&highlight=
Old Oct 5, 2007, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Hilton Trident - India

Hi all,

I'm pretty shocked that during High Season (Feb) in India I was able to get 9 hotels nights using points and a free *A ticket in J....

The Hilton Trident Hotels in India seem to all be 10,000 points per night. That seems very cheap compared to pricing for these properties.

ANyone have experiences with the properties in Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur?

Cheers
Old Oct 5, 2007, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
If you do a search you'll find threads for Agra & Jaipur.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I'll try it again

BUT...everytime I try to do a search I get the dialog box that says it has to be a minimum of 4 words for a search and I have 4 words. I am search challenged. I don't know why it never likes the words I put in when I search!
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Wasn't there just a thread advising that Trident was leaving Hilton??

How do your dates match the breakup?

The Hilton Bombay is showing 30K points in May.

Last edited by grayland; Oct 5, 2007 at 5:48 pm
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by cruisr
BUT...everytime I try to do a search I get the dialog box that says it has to be a minimum of 4 words for a search and I have 4 words. I am search challenged. I don't know why it never likes the words I put in when I search!
use the words
- India
- Agra
- Jaipur
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by grayland
Wasn't there just a thread advising that Trident was leaving Hilton??

How do your dates match the breakup?

The Hilton Bombay is showing 30K points in May.
Yes, Trident and Hilton are going separate ways in 2008. Most of the Trident Hiltons in India are 10k points, but the ones around Bombay and near Delhi are not that cheap, 30k-40k. Personally, I'd want to rap up my award stays at the Tridents before April 2008.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JDiver
OTOH, do I recall something about Hilton Garden Inn coming to India?

I could imagine something less amazingly expensive than the top hotels, with HGI reliability, would be rather welcome on the subcontinent.
That's one of the reasons for the breakup since the brand confusion with Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn could be confusing for locals and the affiliation with top-notch Oberoi.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
That's one of the reasons for the breakup since the brand confusion with Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn could be confusing for locals and the affiliation with top-notch Oberoi.
The Hilton and Oberoi affiliation has not really been widely evident in India from a retail customer viewpoint. Except for the Hilton-Oberoi link-up in Bombay, there was no real confusion factor in any major markets.

I have to go back and verify some items related to this and there are certainly two sides to this issue, but from my recollection it was that the brands separation is a result of Hilton's expansion plans coming into collision with the interests of Trident's backers. Trident's backers weren't willing to be sidelined by Hilton on Hilton's terms and Hilton thought it was better off going separate ways than to be encumbered by the demands of Trident's backers. Trident's backers pushed the issue by cutting out when they could so Hilton would not have a continuous presence. A sort of "payback" for being written out of the Hilton strategy some would say.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Interesting! and that's so true, for a short period there will be no Hiltons in India...quite a surprise for future travelers in the short term when they find a country this large has no Hiltons!
Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:51 am

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ
No more Hiltons in India :-(

The Trident partnership officially ended at the beginning of the month. Meanwhile, Hilton is planning to build 75 new properties in India in the next 5-7 years.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:09 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by boazs
The Trident partnership officially ended at the beginning of the month. Meanwhile, Hilton is planning to build 75 new properties in India in the next 5-7 years.
The family got a great rate, and upgraded accomodation, at the Hilton Nariman Point last year. Shame to see the opportunity to benefit from Hilton Honors status gone with the rebranding.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boazs
From that details-challenged article:

DLF, India's biggest real estate developer, said the agreement marks the beginning of the second second stage in the joint venture company's plans to build 75 hotels in India in the next five to seven years.
Any idea what the first first stage was? Ie, cities and/or brands (Hilton proper, HGI, etc) planned so far?
Old Apr 12, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by sdsearch
From that details-challenged article:

Any idea what the first first stage was? Ie, cities and/or brands (Hilton proper, HGI, etc) planned so far?
I know someone who is the major shareholder in a partnership that is building a HGI type hotel in Kolkatta which should be ready in about 6-9 months. Two others are in the works in Kanpur and Pune and they have plans for about 20 more (they have acquired land in Vizag, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Jullundhar, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Rudrapur, Patna, Surat). The group is currently negotiating with Hilton, IC and Marriott for HGI, HI Express or Courtyard branding. Of course their other option is to come up with their own brand up but they prefer to franchise. This group is already opening Radisson brand hotels in Rudrapur, Lucknow, Indore shortly. Needless to say, this group is targetting business (that too industrial and not IT type) travellers rather than tourists.

Last edited by zakami; Apr 12, 2008 at 12:43 pm
Old Aug 22, 2008, 6:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood gold
Hilton in India?

I am planning a trip around India this Winter and am hoping to stay at Hiltons. When I last looked there were a number of hilton/trident hotels around the country. But now, I don't see any.

Does anyone know what the status is regarding Hiton hotels in India? I particularly need accommodation in New Delhi, Agra and Jaipur.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.