Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Hiltons in or around Mumbai, India

Hi,

According to the Hilton site, they only have the Hilton Airport location in Mumbai. Can somebody confirm this? Not being familiar with the area there might be a hotel listed as being in another city that is close to Mumbai.

If this is the only one, does anybody know of any plans to open another? I'm going to be travelling to Mumbai in 2012 and would prefer to stay at a Hilton but don't generally like staying at airport locations.

Thanks
Old Dec 26, 2011, 9:34 am

The Trident Gurgaon used to be co-branded a Hilton but this ended a few years ago which is a pity since the Trident is a beautiful hotel. Never stayed at the Hilton airport so can't comment, looks OK from web site. Normally now stay at GH Mumbai in case your looking for recomendations
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
IF your business is in S. Mumbai you don't want to stay at the airport. The back and forth in rush hour is easily 1 hour, and can be as much as 2-3.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by cmanc
The Trident Gurgaon used to be co-branded a Hilton but this ended a few years ago which is a pity since the Trident is a beautiful hotel. Never stayed at the Hilton airport so can't comment, looks OK from web site. Normally now stay at GH Mumbai in case your looking for recomendations
Trident Gurgaon is near DEL. Not BOM.

However, BOM has two Trident properties - one at Bandra, one at Nariman Point (south Bombay)
They are simply awesome!
Anyways, yes, the Trident/Hilton partnership ended quite a while back.

as a previous poster suggested, you should pick your hotel depending on where your business is. The airport location may anyway be very difficult if your business is for example in South Mumbai.

I suggest you tell us where your business is located. That will help folks give you better recommendations.

Also, this particular thread may be suited for the India forum??
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Eros or Janakpuri?

Any recent stays in Delhi and advice on which Hilton to chose? I am torn between the Eros and Janakpuri. Seems like the Janakpuri has newer rooms and facilities but a little away from the main stay of Delhi locations. However everything I read has stated the subway trains being close and convenient to get to anywhere in Delhi. The Eros has good reviews but many say its run down...lack the proper feel of a good hotel etc...

Anyone care to chime in? Appreciate your feedback.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:23 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by buaya00
Any recent stays in Delhi and advice on which Hilton to chose? I am torn between the Eros and Janakpuri. Seems like the Janakpuri has newer rooms and facilities but a little away from the main stay of Delhi locations. However everything I read has stated the subway trains being close and convenient to get to anywhere in Delhi. The Eros has good reviews but many say its run down...lack the proper feel of a good hotel etc...

Anyone care to chime in? Appreciate your feedback.
You looked at the threads below? Delhi is not really a walking city. You'll be on public transport or in a car most likely, so location is not that big a deal IMHO. We really liked the Hilton Janakpuri (nice lounge). The HGI is also a nice property (no lounge).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...janakpuri.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...lhi-saket.html
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:38 am

I have gold status with Hilton and have 2 nights in Delhi. We are booked into the Garden Inn but not sure whether to change to Janakpuri for the benefits. Our 1st day wont be a problem with location as we have a driver booked, but the 2nd day we need to get to New Delhi station for the 6.15 train to Agra. Which would be the best hotel for this.
Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
You looked at the threads below? Delhi is not really a walking city. You'll be on public transport or in a car most likely, so location is not that big a deal IMHO. We really liked the Hilton Janakpuri (nice lounge). The HGI is also a nice property (no lounge).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...janakpuri.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...lhi-saket.html
Thanks Chapel Hill Guy! I think I've decided on Janakpuri based on the reports.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Saket bout a month back. Good hotel and great service. Nice location as well, as there's a mall right next door and so plenty of dining options apart from what's on offer at the hotel. The run to the airport takes anywhere from half an hour to 45 mins.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
We completed a total of three stays at the Hilton Janakpuri during our two weeks in India a few weeks ago.

While we chose this property because this Hilton allows three persons per room and we were traveling with a family of three, we were completely satisfied with it and would happily return to it on future trips. ^
Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There are also two DoubleTrees to consider (depending on travel dates):
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Delhi - Noida - Mayur Vihar
13A Mayur Vihar, District Centre, New Delhi, India 110091
Tel: 91-11-41105555 Fax: 91-11-41105566
Rs 4,675 selected dates in March AP, Rs 5,500 BAR

and

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Gurgaon - New Delhi NCR
Sector -56, Golf Course Road, Gurgaon, India 122011
Tel: 91-0124-491 1234 Fax: 91-0124-491 1233
"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival March 15, 2012 and beyond."
Rs 7225 selected dates in March AP, Rs 8,500 BAR
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by quarryking
Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Saket bout a month back. Good hotel and great service. Nice location as well, as there's a mall right next door and so plenty of dining options apart from what's on offer at the hotel. The run to the airport takes anywhere from half an hour to 45 mins.
Recently stayed twice at this hotel and agree that it is a gem. The restaurant was great, especially its breakfast buffet. The walk to the Metro (Malviya Nagar station, which is closer than the Saket station) takes 12 minutes although, like most walks in New Delhi, it isn't a particularly pleasant affair.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 9:13 am

You'll be on public transport or in a car most likely, so location is not that big a deal IMHO.
Agree that you'd mostly be in a car.

I'd tend to disagree a bit with the second part. Location matters a lot, as you can end of spending a huge amount of time on the roads otherwise. *Peak* traffic speeds in the city during the day could be below 25mph.

If you're going for biz, i would generally try and stay close to where the work is.

As far as locations go, I'd tend to go for Saket (South Delhi) or Gurgaon. Nicer areas, convenient to the airport, and also other stuff to do.

ialto
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:56 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by IaLTO
If you're going for biz, i would generally try and stay close to where the work is.
Agree. We were there as tourists and the Hilton New Delhi Janakpuri worked fine for us. I like having an exec lounge and the one at this property is quite nice.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Agree. We were there as tourists and the Hilton New Delhi Janakpuri worked fine for us. I like having an exec lounge and the one at this property is quite nice.
We were strictly tourists as well. The lounge itself was very pleasant and the staff were excellent. We also enjoyed a very good buffet breakfast in the lobby restaurant. The lounge's evening "happy hour" actually took place in the lobby bar for a generous 2 1/2 hours. The service was outstanding and the hot and cold appetizers were good.

We can't make comparisons among the various properties but we can certainly endorse the Janakpuri after a total of three stays. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.