Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in India {IND}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2004, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by Truly
Taj hotels? Is that the same as Trident?
No - Taj is a competing hotel chain.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Silver, *Wood Gold, Marriott Silver
Going to India!

I am bumping this topic in hopes others have recently traveled to India and stayed in the new Hilton properties. Feedback is most welcome - I'm going in November and will probably stay in Agra and Jaipur - possibly others as well.

- Truly
Old Oct 25, 2005, 4:55 pm

Programs: lots
bump - interested in jaipur, udaipur, and agra primarily
Old Oct 25, 2005, 5:23 pm

I have just been successful in getting 2 award nights at Agra Trident Boxing day onwards. I found 2 nights were needed to get them though.

Meloz
Old Oct 25, 2005, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I've done the Trident Hilton Jaipur a bit, and I also send a lot of associates there for vacation.

The stays were for 1-2 nights generally .... weekends and weekdays.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 4:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Trident Hilton Gurgaon rate quoted February 2006: $249
Old Dec 27, 2005, 6:45 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Missing, are Trident Hiltons in Delhi and Goa.
A cat. 1 Goan property would be fantastic !
Old Dec 28, 2005, 3:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MRKEY
A cat. 1 Goan property would be fantastic !
That would be great. Just haven't heard about any buildings going up in Goa that could be used for such a property. I may have to open my eyes and ears a bit more early next month.

There is a Trident Hilton for the Delhi area .... it just happens to be the one noted by JDiver -- namely, the Trident Hilton Gurgaon which is 20 minutes to 70 minutes away from central Delhi (depending on traffic).
Old Jul 27, 2006, 1:57 am
Suspended

Hilton in Bingalore, India

Hi all,
Going to be doing a 2 week back packing tour of Asia. Found a cheap low cost airline that flys to India out of Singapore. So I'm flying to Bangalore, India for 3 nights. Why not I thought.

There seems to be lots of Hilton properties in India on hilton.com, but none under Bangalore. Does anyone know of if any there or if the place is called something else (I know that in India they have re-named a couple of cities).

Any help would be great.

Cheers
Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:07 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
No Hilton in Bing or Bangalore... It is now one of the most expensive places to stay in the world. Hotels are in short supply and it's hard to get a room at short notice. Unless you need to be there for business, there aren't many compelling reasons to visit.

If you're determined to stay, the Leela Palace is amongst the nicest places to be - but also the most expensive.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 7:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MAN Pax
No Hilton in Bing or Bangalore... It is now one of the most expensive places to stay in the world. Hotels are in short supply and it's hard to get a room at short notice. Unless you need to be there for business, there aren't many compelling reasons to visit.

If you're determined to stay, the Leela Palace is amongst the nicest places to be - but also the most expensive.
Thanks for the advanced notice. Good to know as Im going to "try" and do Asia on the cheap. I figured that India would be dirt cheap.....oh well...
Old Jul 27, 2006, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Thanks for the advanced notice. Good to know as Im going to "try" and do Asia on the cheap. I figured that India would be dirt cheap.....oh well...
India can be dirt cheap ... if you want to live like a local and avaid "western" comforts such as full service air cond. Hiltons.

That said, there are a couiple of reasonable three star hotels aroun EUR 36-44.

Start you search at:

http://www2.hrs.de/search.do%3Bjsessionid=
B5E0084B3CC0A92F1A6B55E4162A6C1D?clientId=
ZW5fVVM-&cid=2-4&randomID=-9223372036848226724&activity=
showSearchResult
Old Jul 27, 2006, 1:15 pm

Programs: CO Silver; DL FO; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Hi all,
Going to be doing a 2 week back packing tour of Asia. Found a cheap low cost airline that flys to India out of Singapore. So I'm flying to Bangalore, India for 3 nights. Why not I thought.

There seems to be lots of Hilton properties in India on hilton.com, but none under Bangalore. Does anyone know of if any there or if the place is called something else (I know that in India they have re-named a couple of cities).
They're apparently renaming it to Bengaluru. I'd read a article that placed Bangalore 3rd after Moscow and Rome for average room rates. I second the opinion that, unless you need to be there for business, Bangalore isn't that great of a place to go. You'll find lots of traffic, some pollution, Westernized malls/bars/clubs/etc, and not that much you won't see in other cities. It really isn't India.

You might be best off saving your money and going to one of the many other wonderful parts of India (and many of those are indeed dirt-cheap.) I was looking at Hilton properties in India myself and noticed the one in Agra (home of the Taj Mahal) is quite cheap. Getting up there from Singapore is probably a bit more expensive. I haven't been anywhere but the southern parts of India since I was a kid, but you might want to look into Ooty. You can fly into CJB quite cheaply and get to Ooty from there (or there might be something closer, I'm not sure.) MAA-CJB runs $40 one-way all-in, and getting to MAA should be just as cheap as getting to BLR. Chennai (MAA) is also interesting to check out: it's big, trafficky, and polluted too, but there's enough stuff nearby to make it worthwhile.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 4:50 am
Suspended

More Hiltons and Hilton brands coming to India by measure of retained help to get the investment clearances for about $150 million to put up Hiltons, Hilton Garden Inns, Homewood Suites and Hilton Residences in India in partnership with the developers of much of Gurgaon (namely, DLF). It's unclear what will happen with Trident Hiltons, but this money won't be going toward more Trident Hiltons.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 9:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
More Hiltons and Hilton brands coming to India by measure of retained help to get the investment clearances for about $150 million to put up Hiltons, Hilton Garden Inns, Homewood Suites and Hilton Residences in India in partnership with the developers of much of Gurgaon (namely, DLF). It's unclear what will happen with Trident Hiltons, but this money won't be going toward more Trident Hiltons.
would there be new hiltons at the Bangalore and Goa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.