Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 2:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Dax1956
Thanks, we have a king executive room. So I suppose all my options will be on the fourth floor when checking in? We choose this hotel in the end because of the pool.
Yes, floor 4
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cjd
Think they're basing that on the fact that a queen bed is 5ft wide and a king bed 6 ft wide. It'll certainly be tight to fit a roll away bed in a standard room, even with a queen bed.
I was upgraded to a junior suite in the end, room 279. The rollaway was already in the room when I got there. So it ended well..
cjd and AStarr like this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:14 pm

I've stayed at many Hilton properties around Heathrow and this is the best! Preferred over the double tree (too far away), Hilton Garden Inn Heathrow (older looking rooms)... This has the best breakfast of them all, parking is plentiful, and executive lounge for dinner time is one of the best... The staff is friendly, and goes out of their way to help (e.g., with luggage)... I've stayed here when leaving leaving from T3 and arriving from T5, but it is convenient to T4...
cjd likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
At breakfast I saw no fruit juices at all on offer...just waiting staff going round pouring concentrated orange juice from a jug. Really petty way to save money.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:39 am

Windows can NOT be opened at this hotel for fresh air.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
How would you prefer your juice? They do breakfast well here. Staff always attentive. As for windows, no big deal.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
How would you prefer your juice?
Like every other hotel, where you get a choice of 3 or 4 juices, which you can pour youself.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
At breakfast I saw no fruit juices at all on offer...just waiting staff going round pouring concentrated orange juice from a jug. Really petty way to save money.
Perhaps you missed them? They've always had at least 3-4 but they're in an odd spot. Granted it's been two months since I've been.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by AStarr
Perhaps you missed them? They've always had at least 3-4 but they're in an odd spot. Granted it's been two months since I've been.

It's possible...although I did look around everywhere I could.
The waiting staff with the large plastic jugs of concentrated orange juice made it seem that was all that was on offer (in terms of juice).

It's not a huge deal....but this is a 4 star hotel charging over 100 GBP to 150 GBP per night, so I don't expect this kind of cost cutting.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Staff go around with orange juice. There are jugs of juices at a bar in the table area, along the back of the bread wall of the buffet. If you are at a table, get up and walk towards the food. You should see it in front and in the center.
AStarr likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by anabolism
Staff go around with orange juice. There are jugs of juices at a bar in the table area, along the back of the bread wall of the buffet. If you are at a table, get up and walk towards the food. You should see it in front and in the center.
This. The staff are just trying to be helpful, you can also serve yourself juice.
Abidjan and AStarr like this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:43 am
cjd

Windows can NOT be opened at this hotel for fresh air.
Like most, especially high rise, hotels around the world, those with air conditioning do not have opening windows. Those with balconies are different and the a/c will cut off when opening the balcony doors. If this is important to you, there is actually a thread and WIKI on hotels in Europe which list Hiltons which have opening windows and doors. See: Hilton properties in Europe with opening windows
est-gratuite, :D! and AStarr like this.

Last edited by cjd; Sep 12, 2019 at 1:02 am
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cjd
Like most, especially high rise, hotels around the world, those with air conditioning do not have opening windows. Those with balconies are different and the a/c will cut off when opening the balcony doors. If this is important to you, there is actually a thread and WIKI on hotels in Europe which list Hiltons which have opening windows and doors. See: Hilton properties in Europe with opening windows
I don't even want to think about how fresh the air is around Heathrow. Those windows are amazing for soundproofing measures given the proximity to the airport. Open windows there isn't something I'd enjoy and I spend several nights there a year... could have used them this morning! (I'm grumpy from non-soundproof windows and 8am construction at a different London Hilton property)
:D! likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Will be staying here for one night next week ( have not been here for a few years as normally stay at the Hilton T5 ) as i have a t3 flight in the morning.

Was tempted to stay at the HGI T2/3 but they want GBP142 against GBP 97 for the T4 hilton ( will put up with the extra distance for a better room and EL access as well as a pool). Will post coments on my return.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jan 18, 2020 at 7:24 am
Old Jan 18, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
TBS, always enjoy your TRs. Look forward to it. Had another good visit a few weeks ago. Solid, as always. Slight disappointment they've stopped stocking Kronenburg and Becks in the EL. Stella and Budweiser, only (and Becks Blue).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.