Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by wizla
Out of all the uk Hilton's I can't think of one less suitable for a run.......there pretty much is nowhere, the roads around it have no side walks ( check google maps - street view ) ....... I like the to run myself but here the treadmill would be so much safer.
Now Wizla. It's not that bad

I often run here. Go out through hotel car park to main road. You can run down to Hatton Cross. Keep going straight then after hilton garden inn and staff car parks take a left into small wood path it follows the small river you then loop back past ibis bath road along end of runway back to Hatton Cross and back to hotel. About 10km give or take
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:59 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by gav0106
Now Wizla. It's not that bad

I often run here. Go out through hotel car park to main road. You can run down to Hatton Cross. Keep going straight then after hilton garden inn and staff car parks take a left into small wood path it follows the small river you then loop back past ibis bath road along end of runway back to Hatton Cross and back to hotel. About 10km give or take
Oh really?......fair enough I stand corrected......I thought it was all roads and car parks around that area but obviously not........fair play mate.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Oh really?......fair enough I stand corrected......I thought it was all roads and car parks around that area but obviously not........fair play mate.
Long strip of tarmac near by as well. Might involve outrunning a few planes and police though
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by gav0106
Long strip of tarmac near by as well. Might involve outrunning a few planes and police though
😂😂😂😂🙈.........yeah don't think they would be too happy about that!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
early check-in at Hilton LHR T4

Mrs999 and I go for a weekend in London maybe 3-4 times a year. We customarily stay in the Hilton Garden at Hatton Cross, where we have been very fortunate in consistently getting early check-in, 9.30 -- 10.00 on a Saturday morning. Thinking now of taking advantage of the current sale and splurging on the 'full' Hilton at T4 but wondering whether we could be as lucky in getting the room so conveniently right after we arrive on the plane.

Would appreciate hearing your experience in this regard, happy or otherwise.

Last edited by henry999; Feb 17, 2018 at 3:03 pm
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by henry999
Mrs999 and I go for a weekend in London maybe 3-4 times a year. We customarily stay in the Hilton Garden at Hatton Cross, where we have been very fortunate in consistently getting early check-in, 9.30 -- 10.00 on a Saturday morning. Thinking now of taking advantage of the current sale and splurging on the 'full' Hilton at T4 but wondering whether we could be as lucky in getting the room so conveniently right after we arrive on the plane.

Would appreciate hearing your experience in this regard, happy or otherwise.
Hi Henry999. It varies to be honest. Sometimes yes you can get room. Other times, access to lounge and gym/pool. It is best to reach out to hotel in advance. They may offer reduced day rate to give guarantee early access.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:52 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Weekends should be easier than weekdays.

Status helps and negotiating for available rooms rather than upgrades.

I had no problem for a noon time check in on a Monday just showing up.

Earlier you are up against vacated rooms not being cleaned as well as incoming over water flights in the early morning hours 5am-9am still waiting for rooms to be cleaned.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
We've an AA award reservation NAP/LGW arriving 9pm and then LHR/RDU the following morning at 10:30 am. We're going to arrange a private car to ferry us from LGW to LHR on our night arrival. Departure is out of terminal 3 in the morning.

My thought was to have the car deliver us to the LHR T4 Hilton to stay overnight, walk to T4 in the morning and then connect to T3. Can we do that? We will not have spent any time in England and I am not looking to exchange money, so don't want to have to deal with busses. Is this a practical choice? Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Yes, you can. Just take the Heathrow Express one stop, from T4 to T3. Free transfer. The elevator to go down the the train is located to your immediate left just as you exit the covered walkway between the hotel and T4.
AStarr likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Superb, thanks. Exactly the information I needed. With Google street view I can even see the covered walkway!
AStarr likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Excellent, glad it helps. Hope you enjoy your stay. It's a fave of mine. Let us know if you need any additional guidance.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:17 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by dwcatty
Superb, thanks. Exactly the information I needed. With Google street view I can even see the covered walkway!
Some other combinations to consider

The hotel provides a multi-seat golf car between the lobby to the terminal end of their walkway tube if you ask for it

The hotel can also book you a black taxi between their lobby and Term 3 for a fare <$20
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Yes, you can. Just take the Heathrow Express one stop, from T4 to T3. Free transfer. The elevator to go down the the train is located to your immediate left just as you exit the covered walkway between the hotel and T4.
One minor correction - Heathrow Express goes between T3 to T5, Heathrow Connect goes between T3 and T4. The Connect runs at 30 minute intervals, not quite as handy, so if using the T4 Hilton, leave a little earlier to get to T3. Even more of a pain if you are going to T5, you have to go to T3 and change trains for T5.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:12 am

Temp Exec Lounge

Exec Lounge moved to the Heathrow Suite, below restaurant, other lounge being renovated.

Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gemac
One minor correction - Heathrow Express goes between T3 to T5, Heathrow Connect goes between T3 and T4. The Connect runs at 30 minute intervals, not quite as handy, so if using the T4 Hilton, leave a little earlier to get to T3. Even more of a pain if you are going to T5, you have to go to T3 and change trains for T5.
I think from T4 if you are going to T5 and don't have too many bags you are probably better off getting one of the frequent and free TfL buses (482/490). The connect/hex journey is a bit annoying as you noted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.