Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:07 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Very bad from this hotel, there are a lot of internships here with language problems . Maybe this was the problem. Did you tweet @hiltonhelp, the can fixed this.

Originally Posted by BotB
What a difference it makes to one's stay depending on who you get checking in...

A friend and I checked in at same time today here:

He: gold, received drinks voucher as lounge closed (9PM arrival, so lounge stopped serving drinks) received wifi code, received room upgrade to Jnr suite. (Exec room booked) received welcome and finally received amenity if half bottle of wine in room with welcome letter.

Me: diamond, received room key for room booked, no upgrade, no drinks voucher, no wifi code, no amenity in room, certainly no letter or greeting. When I found out from friend the difference and checked room, came back down to ask if my diamond number is on the reservation (might explain why lack of any benefit) told , yes, you are a diamond member. End of.

Asked why no room upgrade, no drinks voucher, no wifi code no amenity...

Told: (I swear) we have upgraded you (challenged, and then told we din't upgrade to suites!) wifi code handed over grudgingly but no apology, no apology for amenity and told 'lounge' over there! Even though stopped serving drinks)

Unbelievable. Will talk to manager in morning but what a difference it makes depending on who checks you in. Friend had excellent service from trainee woman and I had someone that should be re-trained or fired to be honest, couldn't give a monkeys' ...

I think I am fairly fair on here but this really does take the piss when the staff member I had happened to be on the hhonors desk (not just normal reception). Jnr suite still available to book this evening on website as well.

Can't say I'll be recommending the hotel or coming back anytime soon given the complete lack of ANY benefit over s non hhonors guest for the room booked. Shame really as rest of staff good, bar very good, exec room very nice renovated room, but terrible staff member has left a very poor experience in my mind.

Shame really. BEWARE!
Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:01 am
cjd

Originally Posted by BotB
What a difference it makes to one's stay depending on who you get checking in...

A friend and I checked in at same time today here:

He: gold, received drinks voucher as lounge closed (9PM arrival, so lounge stopped serving drinks) received wifi code, received room upgrade to Jnr suite. (Exec room booked) received welcome and finally received amenity if half bottle of wine in room with welcome letter.

Me: diamond, received room key for room booked, no upgrade, no drinks voucher, no wifi code, no amenity in room, certainly no letter or greeting. When I found out from friend the difference and checked room, came back down to ask if my diamond number is on the reservation (might explain why lack of any benefit) told , yes, you are a diamond member. End of.

Asked why no room upgrade, no drinks voucher, no wifi code no amenity...

Told: (I swear) we have upgraded you (challenged, and then told we din't upgrade to suites!) wifi code handed over grudgingly but no apology, no apology for amenity and told 'lounge' over there! Even though stopped serving drinks)

Unbelievable. Will talk to manager in morning but what a difference it makes depending on who checks you in. Friend had excellent service from trainee woman and I had someone that should be re-trained or fired to be honest, couldn't give a monkeys' ...

I think I am fairly fair on here but this really does take the piss when the staff member I had happened to be on the hhonors desk (not just normal reception). Jnr suite still available to book this evening on website as well.

Can't say I'll be recommending the hotel or coming back anytime soon given the complete lack of ANY benefit over s non hhonors guest for the room booked. Shame really as rest of staff good, bar very good, exec room very nice renovated room, but terrible staff member has left a very poor experience in my mind.

Shame really. BEWARE!
Gosh, hope we get better service when we check in in 2 weeks time. Always enjoyed our pre-flight stays here. Executive lounge is nice and hotel is really convenient for Terminal 4. Shame they stopped the free shuttle to Terminal 5. Did you get any satisfactory answers as to your poor treatment?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC at last back to Gold, Flying Blue, Red with the Bearded One, Accor, Finnair Plus Blue
Heathrow T4 Hilton - nice but avoid room 579

Hello all,

Had a pleasant stay at the Heathrow T4 Hilton, great service from the staff and fully recognized as a GOLD.

I paid Ł51 to upgrade to a suite, which was very nice during the evening, however, when I went to sleep in the bedroom I was periodically disturbed by a compressor (may be the ice machine?), which I have to say spoilt the stay.

So you have been warned, just avoid room 579.

thundercat
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
hey botb that's really bad!!!.....I would feel the same too.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Thanks for all the comments everyone, sorry for the delay in responding...been a bit (British understatement) hectic at work this week!

In the end, I didn't talk to a manager I have to be honest, this is bad and I may still write in to at least make them aware of the situation and give them a chance to respond. I also hope that our HHonors Rep will see this and consider giving feedback as well.

In any case:

I do wish to state that I was very happy for my friend that received excellent (and actually over and above what was called for) service during his check in. I don't think that I should have necessarily had any better service than a Gold at check in but I should have received the same level of customer service at least.

I also really wish to praise ALL the other staff at the hotel here, as everyone else was simply great and as one wishes to experience at a hotel. ^ From the rest of the check in staff/ check out staff / restaurant staff / bar staff / cleaning staff in the hallways the next day, etc...all were excellent. Just not the one check in staff member I unfortunately encountered. That person does need retraining or to find another career. He was the only male on duty at check in during that night so should be easy to locate.

-Breakfast was lovely, the restaurant didn't give me or my friend any issue about eating there as a diamond or gold and we had excellent service. I ordered a cappuccino and was brought a proper Costa coffee mug with chocolate on top and everything. ^ There was also a cook to order station and the rest of the food was clean, plentiful with a lot of variety. The staff were excellent.

I do think I just had a bad experience and if you read Head for Points blog you'll also see Raffles had an excellent stay recently as a BLUE...so the hotel is generally excellent, just had a bad apple staff member. Still spoilt my evening (shouldn't have but we're all human)...so won't be rushing back myself, the T5 Hilton is better still IMO and of course there are tons of options downtown as well.

Hope that provides a balanced view and allows others to feel better about their stay / deal with anything that does come their way / consider other options.

Safe travels everyone. ^
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

The hotel has had problems for easily ten years now with rough around the edges front desk folks that rotate quickly in and out of the hotel
The only way to deal with the situation is to speak to a front office manager or duty manager when it fails badly enough
Otherwise you are clearly at your own risk here
Its not a well managed hotel and they typically spin the wheel at check in
The later you arrive the worse your chances are at everything

I'm a fan of the Sofitel which is outstanding at Heathrow and look forward to the new Hyatt Place coming soon
which should be newer and more cost effective without all the overpricing all the Hiltons and Marriott's have had in this market for sub par recognition overall
I've never had anything to eat at this property I would remotely consider returning for
On the other hand the Conrad in London (Excellent property/recognition) is awesome certainly in comparison (location and pricing understood)
I stopped staying at this property once they got hard platform beds
Everything else I could deal with even on their worst day
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Good Stay

Just back from one night after long flight.

Booked single room, interesting used online check in and had been pre-upgraded to Exec room, so online check in does work some times

At desk, as told of upgrade and asked if it was okay, should have been quicker off mark and said no I want a suite, but was tired

Great breakfast in main restaurant all staff very friendly, hopefully more good stays in future!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I understand what you are saying BotB, it just takes the edge off everything, perhaps clearer demarcation between gold and diamond needed?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:03 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
A quick update:

Thanks to the help of Erin (HHonors Rep), the hotel management has been in touch and promised that the person will be retrained (^ good to hear and a positive outcome for everyone).

The person I am in contact with has been very polite and helpful and even offered a free night at some point in the future as a good will gesture. ^

So, the hotel in general is indeed great as posted (and others have), just had a one off experience it seems.

Hope this helps others and balances the situation.

Safe travels. ^
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Day use rate hours aligned almost perfectly with my LHR stay last Saturday so I booked the cheapest Queen Hilton Guestroom.

Before that I had email correspondence (very quick answers) with hotel guest service agent Paige who verified that as HHonors Gold I would get executive lounge access during my stay and that they would try to accommodate my wish for "plane view" room.

At the hotel I was given a room that I booked (I am not 100% sure if it was that or next category deluxe one) from 3rd floor facing the airport. I asked at check-in if the room was refurbished one but they said that the refurbished rooms are facing other directions so this would be old one.

Unfortunately it is far enough from the airport that you don't really see much about planes so next time I would rather take a new room facing whatever direction rather than the old one.

HHonors floor seems to be 2nd floor in this hotel (according to elevator signage) and the lounge is at 1st floor along with the lobby and bars/restaurants.

I had no problems reaching the hotel from T3 using the free Heathrow Express train (free between terminals) and then walking inside a tubular walkaway for awhile.

Overall, a decent stay although uninspiring (which is what I expected)
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:23 am
cjd

Had a one night stay here last week prior to our flight from T4. Given one of the newly re-furbished rooms on the 4th floor. Nicely modernised room with comfortable bed, although rooms are very small, with not much space for our 2 suitcases. Bathroom had over bath shower with a very powerful spray. As diamond, was granted access to Executive lounge and given choice of breakfast in lounge or full breakfast in restaurant. All staff were very pleasant and hotel is really convenient for Terminal 4 using the tunnel between the hotel and airport. Back there again in about 2 weeks.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:42 am

I'm here tomorrow ( wed eve) will do the usual live trip report before moving onto hilton ageas bowl and hilton burton upon Trent .
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:52 pm

Arrived 6 pm, preupgraded from king guest room to exec room 318 on 3rd floor......as its my birthday I get to room and find a birthday cake made from towels...haha...impressive.....I also find a full bottle of wine and some strawberries and chocolate dip....even more impressive!......room is a little on the small side, I think it's a refub as it smells new and is spotless......amazing rainshower......very happy!.
Now in exec lounge......it's nice, fairly full.....nice vibe......canapés are bbq chicken wings and samosas, good cheeseboard and grapes and some salad .
Beers are Stella , kronenberg and becks........wine is red white ( no fizzy )...... Small selection of spirts......happy hour is 6 - 8:30 pm......will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Nov 2, 2015 at 10:14 am Reason: Room no added
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Glad you're enjoying your stay. Many frown on the property, but it's my fave.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan
Glad you're enjoying your stay. Many frown on the property, but it's my fave.
Thank you.....yeah I'm enjoying it.......I've read a few negative remarks but No issues so far....I feel looked after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.