Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:57 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Perhaps Uber, as the direct free bus stops as well as the Hoppa. Otherwise you'll need two buses, check the TFL website.

Originally Posted by FlyinPete
I don't know about the Heathrow Express (though you could look up their schedules online) - HOWEVR - an easy way to by pass that is to take the inter-terminal transfer shuttle which you need to take if you were taking a connecting flight from Terinal 4.

Then you would simply go one level lower after your arrival in T3 (before clearing immigration) and then take the free bus to T4 and clear immigration there and simply walk to the hotel.
This will only work if travelling HBO with no checked luggage.

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
If you are late or delayed, FlyinPete's suggestion would be good except that your bags will still be at T3. So, enter the UK at T3, then locate the free London bus to get to T4. No charge, but it does take longer. Busses run throughout the night.
The 555 is the only free bus that goes from Heathrow Central to T4, and does not operate through the night.

Last edited by nux; Jun 21, 2016 at 10:05 pm
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
If the flight is AA90, it was 14 minutes late last night.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by nux
The 555 is the only free bus that goes from Heathrow Central to T4, and does not operate through the night.
Thank you nux - I have corrected my post. Last free bus at 22:10. That is an early last bus.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 5:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
yes 555 from the station doesnt run overnight - but there are "internal" Heathrow tranfer busses from each terminal that run until the last departure.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:14 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by holmedown
yes 555 from the station doesnt run overnight - but there are "internal" Heathrow tranfer busses from each terminal that run until the last departure.
The last departure from T4 looks to be at 10:50PM, so the T4 transfer bus wont be running when the OP lands anyway.

Also as already mentioned, these are airside so if the OP has checked luggage they are of no use.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:25 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nux
The last departure from T4 looks to be at 10:50PM, so the T4 transfer bus wont be running when the OP lands anyway.

Also as already mentioned, these are airside so if the OP has checked luggage they are of no use.
I am also not convinced they are available for arriving passengers clearing customs at LHR. Whenever I have taken one of the buses between terminals airside, I think they have asked to see onward flight details.

Really the Heathrow Express / Heathrow Connect option is a lot better than buses if it is still running. Last T3 - T4 train seems to be about 23:35 each night.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 3:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4

Hilton London Heathrow Airport Hotel

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Terminal 4 Heathrow Airport Hounslow, GB TW6 3AF

Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4 (0 Photo)

Check In

There was no queue when I checked in at 1430 - my room was available and I was quickly settled in.

Room

I booked a basic King and was 'upgraded' to what I think was an executive King for being Diamond.  The room seemed the same but I got lounge access.  I was given a room that looks out over the internal foyer/courtyard and initially was a bit annoyed that I had no real view.  However when I woke the next morning and realised I had not heard a thing - nothing despite being close to the airport I understood the value of these rooms !

The bathroom was small but really nice and had a great shower - no bath for those that like these sorts of things!

Service

I found everyone at the hotel really friendly and welcoming.  A real highlight of my stay!

Dining

I had executive lounge acces and thought the lounge was pretty good compared to other Hiltons.  Afternoon tea was a few cakes and flapjacks etc and a nice touch was it also included soup and rolls.  

Evening canapés was OK - some samosas and lamb koftas along with some salad items.  Enough to keep you going anyway.  The White was really nice and they had a reasonable selection of spirits.  

Breakfast looked quite good although I only peaked at it as I wanted to eat at the airport.  

I also ate dinner at the Chinese restaurant in the hotel and was really pleased I did.  The food was delicious, one of the better Chinese meals I have eaten and I can highly recommend the place.

Now this is not right at Terminal 4, there is a loooong walkway to get to the hotel and a buggy but not sure how you call that from the airport side.  Just be aware if you have luggage or difficulty walking - it took me 10 mins at a fast pace!

I was also please that there was a Hoppa direct to Terminal 5  so actually it is just as handy as the Hilton Terminal 5 is to that terminal if you are flying BA.  

Overall

I really liked this hotel.  It is a little soulless as it is so huge inside but it has my sort of decor and was well served with restaurants and bars.  The executive lounge was better than the one at Hilton T5.  In fact, now having stayed at both within a short space of time, I prefer the Hilton Terminal 4 over the Terminal 5 one and it is just as easy to get to.

I will put photos up when I get back from my trip.

Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton London Heathrow Airport Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Nice review. It's my top choice, always.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:03 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Not a fan here
better than the Marriott Heathrow which is severely dated
The Hilton has rock hard beds (subjective understood)
The Sofitel is twice the hotel IMHO and they allow free access to their lounge rumors have it now to those with Priority pass if I am understanding correctly
Though their program is subpar
The Hilton is certainly adequate otherwise and you could do MUCH worse at Heathrow
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
I stayed here recently doing a Stay Park and Fly for a stupid o'clock flight the next morning. As I arrived late, the lounge was closed but I was given a drinks voucher (nice, they didn't have to), and the room was very quiet, and inside room overlooking the check in desks.
I got asked if I needed a morning wake call for my flight (the phone did ring on time!), and the staff ran a very slick operation with checkout at stupid o'clock, checking out and directing people what to do for the hopper bus - both sorted in under 2 mins.

For a last minute booking it wasn't cheap, but it was cheaper than missing me my flight and saved me from an even earlier wake up, and praying a taxi is actually arrives to pick me up.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:37 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Has anybody tried booking a taxi from the Hilton to take you to the UC Virgin entrance at Term 3 ,.... price?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Hilton London Heathrow Terminal 4 Hotel

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Terminal 4 Heathrow Airport Hounslow, GB TW6 3AF

Hilton London Heathrow Terminal 4 Hotel (0 Photo)

Check In

There were a number of people checking in when I arrived but I was seen very quickly.  The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. I was told that my upgrade had been processed and I was in an Executive room (upgraded from a King Hilton guest room).  I'd arrived after food had stopped being served in the lounge so I asked about restaurant options. The receptionist pushed the 3 restaurants in the hotel rather than tell me about anything nearby, which was a little disappointing.  Given how late it was, I ended up deciding to eat in the hotel.

Room

The rooms at the hotel had been refurbished in 2014 (a fact trumpeted on the website). My room was a good size with a large TV, a small mini bar, desk space and a king-sized bed.  There were a number of table and standing lamps but I still found it a little dark and it's a hassle having to go around and turn them all off when you're ready for bed.

There are the normal tea and coffee making facilities (no biscuits though) and there was complimentary water and a good powerful hair dryer.  There was also a robe and slippers.

The bathroom had a large walk in shower and amenities.  The temperature control tap had come off (which was a little disappointing as housekeeping should have spotted it).  I could still control the temperature and I reported it to reception the next day but it didn't leave a good impression.

The whole room was spotless though and the soundproofing was incredible - literally didn't hear a thing inside or outside.

Dining

The hotel has 3 restaurants - an Italian restaurant, a restaurant offering Chinese good and a bar/pub style restaurant.  I found the prices to be on the high side though and I ended up going for a cheeseburger in the bar.  The burger was okay - well cooked and the onion rings were tasty but the chips had come out from an oven and needed a lot of seasoning. The meal cost just over £20 including tips and a soft drink, which is pricey. The invoice also includes a 12.5% service charge.

I arrived at the hotel after the lounge had stopped serving food.  I did go inside and there was a good range of drinks (both alcohol and soft) and again service was friendly and welcoming.  Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try breakfast in the morning as my flight was too early but the staff were starting to prepare for it when I was there and it looked like there was a good array of food on offer.

The location is the main reason to stay here.  It's attached by a walkway to Terminal 4 - the walk takes about 6 minutes and takes you to Departures.

Overall

The hotel has a great location and the staff are excellent.  I would definitely stay here again if I needed to catch an early flight from LHR Terminal 4.

Hilton London Heathrow Terminal 4 Hotel

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton London Heathrow Airport Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:57 pm
cjd

Had another good stay here last week. Wasn't flying this time, but got a good Stay and Park rate for leaving the car here for 4 nights, while we spent the next 3 nights in central London. Rates in central London hotels are about £50 per night for parking. Caught the underground into London from Terminal 4, which is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel through the covered walkway. As the Chinese restaurant, Zen, at the hotel is a favourite, we ate there after spending a couple of pleasant hours in the Executive Lounge. The Executive room on floor 3, which we were upgraded too was small but had no problems. No bath, but good walk-in shower. Air conn worked well this time. Took breakfast in the restaurant, where Diamonds can have choice of the full buffet. Noticed that they are building a Premier Inn opposite the Hilton and a Crowne Plaza behind the Hilton. From being the only hotel very close to Terminal 4, there will soon be 3 hotels, which will give the Hilton some competition.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Hilton Hotel LHR - Luggage Storage

I was told by the Hilton Hotel at Heathrow Airport that they could not store my baggage for longer than 2 days. They said it was a rule imposed Heathrow Airport for security reasons.
I never had a problem before, but this may be because I hadn't stored my bag for longer than 2 days, and is probably why I've never heard of this rule.
But does this rule really exist?
Old Dec 25, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LukeO9
I was told by the Hilton Hotel at Heathrow Airport that they could not store my baggage for longer than 2 days. They said it was a rule imposed Heathrow Airport for security reasons.
I never had a problem before, but this may be because I hadn't stored my bag for longer than 2 days, and is probably why I've never heard of this rule.
But does this rule really exist?
Each hotel is different ymmv, many hotels will only store your luggage a minmal period, sometimes an internally imposed limitation, other hotels due to local police/authority requests/regulations.

I can quite believe LHR Airport Authorities/Airport Police have made a request like that to hotels on the airport site itself. Wembley Stadium seems stricter only too midnight at the nearby IHG.

It is also sometimes only possible to leave for slightly extended periods of absence at some hotels when you have a returning reservation in the quite near future (eg 1week side trip)

Requests can come back with replies such as
o Until 2300/midnight of your checkout day
o Yes, but we charge $n day (eg Hilton NYC)
o 24hours free then £x per item per day
o We only have short term storage , 1/2/3/4 days maximum due to limited storage room space
o If more than 2/3 days will need be moved to storage in our basement
o Police (Wembley Stadium ) asked us not to store guests luggage, we can hold only until midnight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.