Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Thanks gav0106 for the update/pics. Just there last week. Wonder what it's in store. Not sure they can/could expand the existing footprint.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:24 am

Stayed at this property just last night for a simple overnight connection. Good property, pretty much all that can be expected from an airport hotel.

Regarding the lounge: unless I am missing something, that must have been a heckuva fast renovation, because it was open on the ground floor. Also served the same bony, sticky ribs that were shown in the previous poster's picture. If in fact this had just recently reopened then I apologize for not taking any photos. It's pretty nice from a design perspective, though as someone who just likes a simple table at which to sit, eat, and do work, I probably would have preferred the temporary setup shown previously. Decent food selection, and the staff were being very proactive about offering to grab drinks, even though the self-serve setup is very accessible.

I was arriving/departing to/from T5 and chose the 482/490 bus method. As someone who would much rather carry his bags a few meters than pay extra money, I found it to be absolutely perfect. Coming to the hotel, the stop is Starlight Way, which is more or less opposite the hotel car park, and going from the hotel to T5 the stop is Sheffield Way, just down from the Premier Inn. Ride is about 10 minutes.

There is definitely some sort of racket going on at this property with respect to the transportation - when I asked in passing about the 482 return schedule yesterday, the front desk agent just gave me a blank stare and handed me a Hoppa flyer. At the same time, the agent next to her told another guest who was checking in that the "only way to T5" was a cab at about 18 Pounds. They really don't want people to know about the free buses, it seems...

Administrative note: since so many of the posts about this property concern transportation to/from different terminals at LHR, perhaps a wiki would be of use?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Heathrow Airport is a racket and a breeding ground for further rackets.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:50 am
cjd

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Stayed at this property just last night for a simple overnight connection. Good property, pretty much all that can be expected from an airport hotel.

Regarding the lounge: unless I am missing something, that must have been a heckuva fast renovation, because it was open on the ground floor. Also served the same bony, sticky ribs that were shown in the previous poster's picture. If in fact this had just recently reopened then I apologize for not taking any photos. It's pretty nice from a design perspective, though as someone who just likes a simple table at which to sit, eat, and do work, I probably would have preferred the temporary setup shown previously. Decent food selection, and the staff were being very proactive about offering to grab drinks, even though the self-serve setup is very accessible.

I was arriving/departing to/from T5 and chose the 482/490 bus method. As someone who would much rather carry his bags a few meters than pay extra money, I found it to be absolutely perfect. Coming to the hotel, the stop is Starlight Way, which is more or less opposite the hotel car park, and going from the hotel to T5 the stop is Sheffield Way, just down from the Premier Inn. Ride is about 10 minutes.

There is definitely some sort of racket going on at this property with respect to the transportation - when I asked in passing about the 482 return schedule yesterday, the front desk agent just gave me a blank stare and handed me a Hoppa flyer. At the same time, the agent next to her told another guest who was checking in that the "only way to T5" was a cab at about 18 Pounds. They really don't want people to know about the free buses, it seems...

Administrative note: since so many of the posts about this property concern transportation to/from different terminals at LHR, perhaps a wiki would be of use?
Yes, we always like this hotel, although we find the rooms rather small. With regards to traveling from T5 to T4, we always use the underground and it's free when transferring between terminals. It involves a bit of a walk and sometimes a longish wait as mentioned previously but we catch the Heathrow Express to T1,2,3 and then transfer onto the Heathrow Connect to T4. Then walk through the tunnel to the hotel.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Although I miss the old lounge on the 5th floor, I'm a big fan of the current space. Glad to know it's not going anywhere.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Stayed here a couple of weeks ago, and our room was ready for early check-in. However, we would not stay here again because the rooms are just too hot. The Chinese restaurant is worth returning to. The owner Timothy was fun to speak with and the food was fantastic. Our flight was canceled the next day and BA put us up at the Sofitel T-5, and gave us Hoppa vouchers to return to the Hilton for dinner. BA did give us the choice to stay again a the Hilton, but with the room temps, we opted for the Sofitel, and enjoyed our stay there,
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:39 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by sonomawine
Stayed here a couple of weeks ago, and our room was ready for early check-in. However, we would not stay here again because the rooms are just too hot. The Chinese restaurant is worth returning to. The owner Timothy was fun to speak with and the food was fantastic. Our flight was canceled the next day and BA put us up at the Sofitel T-5, and gave us Hoppa vouchers to return to the Hilton for dinner. BA did give us the choice to stay again a the Hilton, but with the room temps, we opted for the Sofitel, and enjoyed our stay there,
We had similar problems a couple of years ago which I mentioned earlier in this thread. (Post no 653) Thought it had been sorted as we have stayed several times since then and found the a/c worked okay. Not very pleasant when you can't sleep due to ineffective air conditioning and the room is too hot. Wonder if it's just certain rooms? Shame it spoilt your stay. Certainly agree that Zen, the Chinese restaurant is worth visiting.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by cjd
We had similar problems a couple of years ago which I mentioned earlier in this thread. (Post no 653) Thought it had been sorted as we have stayed several times since then and found the a/c worked okay. Not very pleasant when you can't sleep due to ineffective air conditioning and the room is too hot. Wonder if it's just certain rooms? Shame it spoilt your stay. Certainly agree that Zen, the Chinese restaurant is worth visiting.
Our real issue was when we showered in the morning. The steam turned the room into a sauna. It takes a lot to make me sweat, and we both left the hotel dripping. There seems to be no ventilation in the bathrooms.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gav0106
Exec Lounge moved to the Heathrow Suite, below restaurant, other lounge being renovated.
Ahhh they didn't tell me the lounge had been under renovation when I was there in December so I only saw what I guess was the temporary one. This does look nice.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by gemac
One minor correction - Heathrow Express goes between T3 to T5, Heathrow Connect goes between T3 and T4. The Connect runs at 30 minute intervals, not quite as handy, so if using the T4 Hilton, leave a little earlier to get to T3. Even more of a pain if you are going to T5, you have to go to T3 and change trains for T5.
We are arriving at noon LAX-LHR and then departing LHR-VCE the following morning (unless we get better saver awards before then). Upon arrival at T3 from the US, would we clear immigration and then board the bus to T4? We will need the extra bit of walking to the hotel to revive our legs.

And it looks as if it would just simplify things to take a cab or hired car to T5 in the morning rather than negotiate a change of trains to catch our flight. Edit: or there's a bus, isn't there?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by critterchick
We are arriving at noon LAX-LHR and then departing LHR-VCE the following morning (unless we get better saver awards before then). Upon arrival at T3 from the US, would we clear immigration and then board the bus to T4? We will need the extra bit of walking to the hotel to revive our legs.

And it looks as if it would just simplify things to take a cab or hired car to T5 in the morning rather than negotiate a change of trains to catch our flight. Edit: or there's a bus, isn't there?
Take a look at this, https://www.heathrow.com/airport-gui...ween-terminals I dont know if any of the city buses run between the terminal but but would just take the train from T3 to T4 and then a decent walk to the hotel. You will do the same thing the next morning only will take the Heathrow Express to T5. You should be able to just follow the signs or ask information desk. I am assuming you are not mobility challenged since you said you wanted a bit of walking after the flight.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Take a look at this, https://www.heathrow.com/airport-gui...ween-terminals I dont know if any of the city buses run between the terminal but but would just take the train from T3 to T4 and then a decent walk to the hotel. You will do the same thing the next morning only will take the Heathrow Express to T5. You should be able to just follow the signs or ask information desk. I am assuming you are not mobility challenged since you said you wanted a bit of walking after the flight.
The 482 and 490 buses run from T4 to T5. Both will be free within the airport and its immediate surroundings and will probably be quicker than the train due to the need to change at Heathrow Central.

However, neither service is particularly frequent and an Uber is probably the most straightforward way to transfer from the hotel to T5. For this reason, and price, I would usually choose the less luxurious but still reasonable Hilton Garden Inn at Hatton Cross.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 4:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by critterchick

Yes as you are having to exit landside to go to the hotel you would need to go through immigration on arrival at T3.

The easiest way from T3 to T4 is to use the Heathrow Expresses connector train which shuttles between the two terminals. This is free and requires no cards for use.

From T4 to T5 the choices are TfL red bus 482/490 which runs between the two, or Heathrow Express shuttle train to the central station then change on to a Heathrow Express train to T5. Both these options are free and require no card. The other option is using the tube, so get a tube from T4 to the T123 station, get off walk across to the opposite platform and await a T5 bound tube. The tube is also free but requires an oyster card or contactless payment card to check in and out.

My own choice from T4 to T5 would be 482/490 bus if I didn't have any large bags, or if I did have bags I would probably go for the tube or Heathrow Express.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 4:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cymro
However, neither service is particularly frequent ....
https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/timetable/482?fromId=490000104N
https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/timetable/490?fromId=490000104N

I think combined 482/490 there are roughly 6-9 buses per hour during daylights hours so since you can get either to T5 it's as least as frequent as the tube/HEX options.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:08 pm

Thank you all for your suggestions. We have no mobility issues, and I refuse to travel internationally (or domestically most of the time) with anything larger than a 22” bag these days. Sometimes it’s a bit too large for carryon, but never too heavy for me to swing over my head.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.