Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2020, 12:10 am
Suspended

At present T4 is closed, is the hotel open? I will be overnighting(*maybe) if I do I will arrive and depart from T5, seems The Hilton T5 isnt near T5 and can access it only via The Hopa . If I remember correctly you can use any public transport within LHR for free

Will be with 2 checkin bags and 1 carryon roller so want to avoid any bus to Bath Rd

The night I may need it is 33K while The HGI is 49K
Old Aug 25, 2020, 12:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Hilton T4 can often be inexpensive, though usually it's Sunday night into Monday, but it's a buyers' market at the moment, realistically, and given the status io T4 airport itself that hotel has lost a lot of customers. I get the impression the HGI T2 is trying to create a floor price, it wants to maintain a minimum charge on reputational grounds even if that doesn't fill the hotel. If I was being offered this choice I'd go to the T4, the HGI T2 is brilliantly located, good and modern but not worth paying that much extra. T4 is a solid offer, though it is trickier to get to now unless using Uber or the TfL buses. It has a better gym and a pool, several restaurant options, an executive lounge, has carparking. The rooms are a similar size or smaller than HGI though.

However the T4 is currently working a skeleton service at the moment compared to HGI. Very few facilities working (no lounge or gym, and limited breakfast) and very few staff working there, so if you were staying right now there would be an element of getting what you paid for, but it is anyone's guess what it will be like by November.

Sorry for the OT question, but how would one now get between T5 and The Hilton T4, arriving @ 20:00 @ T5, looking for free transfers if there are any
Old Aug 25, 2020, 12:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by craz
Sorry for the OT question, but how would one now get between T5 and The Hilton T4, arriving @ 20:00 @ T5, looking for free transfers if there are any
By public transport, bus number 482 just outside the arrivals will take you there. It is free on the Heathrow perimeter
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
From T5 you can use the 482/490 buses which are free between T5 and your hotel. No need to tap in. Get off at the stop immediately after T4 (the buses still go via T4) which is Starlight Way and it is a short walk from there.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
At present T4 is closed, is the hotel open? I will be overnighting(*maybe) if I do I will arrive and depart from T5, seems The Hilton T5 isnt near T5 and can access it only via The Hopa . If I remember correctly you can use any public transport within LHR for free

Will be with 2 checkin bags and 1 carryon roller so want to avoid any bus to Bath Rd

The night I may need it is 33K while The HGI is 49K
Yes the Hilton T4 is open.

You can get to the Hilton at T4 using the 482/490 buses and get off at the stop immediately after the T4 stop. Both would be free. Normally I would say travelling on the buses with two checked bags would not be the best idea as they can be busy, but atm they are quiet and I don't think you would have any problems.

Which HGI did you mean? There are two, the Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminals 2 and 3, and the Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport. The former is next to T2, the latter near Hatton Garden tube station.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
From T5 you can use the 482/490 buses which are free between T5 and your hotel. No need to tap in. Get off at the stop immediately after T4 (the buses still go via T4) which is Starlight Way and it is a short walk from there.
When you get off at Starlight Way, you will see the Hilton, but not necessarily a way to get in there. You can go via the delivery entry, but if it's dark it may be a daunting experience (it is safe though). There are details in the main Hilton T4 thread on how to do this. But given the hour, there is another approach, which will only take a minute or two longer. When you get off at Starlight Way, walk in the direction of the bus, away from T4, until you have passed the Premier Inn building. This takes you around a bend in the road, and eventually you will see the bus stop on the other side of the road, which would return you to T5, and is called Sheffield Way. Because the bus stops are mis-aligned they don't share a name. Starlight is at one of end of the Premier Inn, Sheffield Way the other end. If you cross the main road there, and go up Sheffield Way itself alongisde the Premier Inn, you will find yourself walking into the carpark of the Hilton, and at tne end of the carpark is a concrete stairway up to the Hilton front door.
Schwann likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
When you get off at Starlight Way, you will see the Hilton, but not necessarily a way to get in there. You can go via the delivery entry, but if it's dark it may be a daunting experience (it is safe though). There are details in the main Hilton T4 thread on how to do this. But given the hour, there is another approach, which will only take a minute or two longer. When you get off at Starlight Way, walk in the direction of the bus, away from T4, until you have passed the Premier Inn building. This takes you around a bend in the road, and eventually you will see the bus stop on the other side of the road, which would return you to T5, and is called Sheffield Way. Because the bus stops are mis-aligned they don't share a name. Starlight is at one of end of the Premier Inn, Sheffield Way the other end. If you cross the main road there, and go up Sheffield Way itself alongisde the Premier Inn, you will find yourself walking into the carpark of the Hilton, and at tne end of the carpark is a concrete stairway up to the Hilton front door.

THANKS wasnt expecting such a detailed response,
Old Aug 25, 2020, 9:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes the Hilton T4 is open.

You can get to the Hilton at T4 using the 482/490 buses and get off at the stop immediately after the T4 stop. Both would be free. Normally I would say travelling on the buses with two checked bags would not be the best idea as they can be busy, but atm they are quiet and I don't think you would have any problems.

Which HGI did you mean? There are two, the Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminals 2 and 3, and the Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport. The former is next to T2, the latter near Hatton Garden tube station.

The HGI T2 is 49K for the night I might need a room. I believe BA will hold my checked bags over night but the last time I had them do that they werent on my flight and I was in F, I imagine things are worse today so Id rather claim them and recheck them in
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 10:23 am
Suspended

Don't make the mistake I just made...

I stayed here on Friday night. I stayed here because I thought I could get the Heathrow express to terminal 2. Not the same. The hotel can get you a taxi for £18, or I used an Uber for £16.

The hotel is open but very limited service. There are a handful of stuff available for breakfast, nothing like the full buffet.

The restaurant is open from 6pm with a decent sized menu, but we ended up going to a pub near by.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 11:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Don't make the mistake I just made...

I stayed here on Friday night. I stayed here because I thought I could get the Heathrow express to terminal 2. Not the same. The hotel can get you a taxi for £18, or I used an Uber for £16.

The hotel is open but very limited service. There are a handful of stuff available for breakfast, nothing like the full buffet.

The restaurant is open from 6pm with a decent sized menu, but we ended up going to a pub near by.
Thx, personally all Im looking for is a bed, shower and place to put my bags, looked at The Sofitel not gonna pay that kind of money when I loaded with pts.

Not looking for food or drink as probably wont get there much before 10pm as it is
Old Aug 25, 2020, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Thx, personally all Im looking for is a bed, shower and place to put my bags, looked at The Sofitel not gonna pay that kind of money when I loaded with pts.

Not looking for food or drink as probably wont get there much before 10pm as it is
In that case, go with whatever is the closest to the terminal you need. Consider the extra costs involved to get from the Hilton T4 to wherever you need to be at.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
In that case, go with whatever is the closest to the terminal you need. Consider the extra costs involved to get from the Hilton T4 to wherever you need to be at.
T5 to T4 is free;
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32628029-post832.html

might not be the fastest but it will do the job
Old Nov 18, 2020, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Demand driven or refurbishment?

Trying to make a reservation here for later this month. Met with 'No available rooms' , hence made search for availability, which is nada from today until ultimo February. From March onwards there seems to be availability all days, for the three following months.

So, is the hotel closed down totally due to very low demand? A refurbishment usually engages one floor or wing at a time, no complete closure.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 1:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The hotel has tried to stay open with a low number of staff, so very few of its facilities open, but it seems to have thrown in the towel until March 2021. When I was there in recent months there were often only a dozen guests, and on one night I was the only guest. It has suffered badly from the fact that Terminal 4 itself is closed, and with it much of the supporting infrastructure such as the Underground service. I suspect that if the other hotels in Heathrow start to pick up business then they may bring forward the opening date. The alternative is that T4 reopens but I can't see that happening before the aviation industry's summer season starts up, and it's entirely possible T4 will not reopen at all.

Hilton T5 is currently scheduled to reopen on 3 December 2020, after Lockdown 2.0 is due to end.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Via Instagram, I see they're currently tearing up Oscar's floor/area. Wondering what else is slated to be renovated. Excited to see the new changes in 2021. Hoping the Exec Lounge stays untouched, but wouldn't mind it returning to the 5th floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.