Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2021, 4:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Worth bearing in mind - in terms of getting to/from the hotel, the T4 tube station and T4 HEX station are both closed and are likely to remain so until T4 itself reopens - which is likely to be 2022 at the earliest.

The current way to get there would be to get off at Hatton Cross or T5 and then get the 482/490 TfL bus - the buses are no longer free around LHR so you would have to tap in now.

Last edited by KARFA; May 6, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Old May 6, 2021, 11:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Anyone heard anything re the lounge from 17th May?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Updates :- The walkway from T4 is closed currently and the Hoppa is currently complimentary from Heathrow subject to you showing the driver a copy of your Hotel booking conformation. The Hoppa goes from T5 at 43 mins past the hour and from the hotel back to T5 at 15 mins past the hour. The TFL busses go every 10/15 mins or so fromT5 but remember to get off at the stop AFTER T4 or you will have longer walk (possibly in the rain - its summer after all)
Old Aug 13, 2021, 2:54 pm

Further news from the front line and the free drinks in lieu the executive lounge (still) being closed has be further enhanced downwards. Recently you could have beer, wine , soft drinks and gin/rum/vodka/whiskey etc.. Well no longer, the hard liquor has been removed and the beer/wine choices pared back. The red was awful btw

https://hiltonlondonheathrowexec.wi-q.com/service/722
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 10:58 pm

Programs: BAEC, Hilton Hhonors Diamond
Specifically, the beer ‘choice’ is a half pint of Stella.

You also have to negotiate pretty hard to get more than one snacks tray from staff.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Oh dear.

It seems that Hilton is rapidly trying to get below Premier Inn in my options!

Are lounges a thing of the past in the UK?

This hotel used to be a favourite and I would even consider it if needing to go into London by tube thanks to the benefits.

Now one might be better elsewhere subject to parking if flying from Heathrow.

I would love to know their excuses for keeping the lounge shut. Have they said when it will open?
oxfordjames, hugolover and KARFA like this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Have they said when it will open?
I was told last night "when T4 opens", so in 2022 probably.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 12:26 am

Bizarre logic, what has T4 opening got to do with whether they reopen the lounge?

I can appreciate GentleGiant's comment, with the T5 premier inn consistently being available this year for about £30 I have found it harder to justify paying 3/4x more for Hilton hotels around LHR. Sure the PI is basic, but with the reductions at the Hilton T4, I don't think the premium for the Hilton hotel is justified atm.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I can appreciate GentleGiant's comment, with the T5 premier inn consistently being available this year for about £30 I have found it harder to justify paying 3/4x more for Hilton hotels around LHR. Sure the PI is basic, but with the reductions at the Hilton T4, I don't think the premium for the Hilton hotel is justified atm.
Further to my stay last night and comments from GentleGiant and KARFA I pressed the F**k it button in my head and cancelled my next two bookings here on the 22nd and 30th of September with a view to switching to the Premier Inn next door or the one at T5.

Looking online both are available at circa £30 per night saving me about £160 over the two nights. That buys my dinner and a glass of wine or two that's actually drinkable.

Which of the two PI's is the easiest to get/to from T5 please?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Further to my stay last night and comments from GentleGiant and KARFA I pressed the F**k it button in my head and cancelled my next two bookings here on the 22nd and 30th of September with a view to switching to the Premier Inn next door or the one at T5.

Looking online both are available at circa £30 per night saving me about £160 over the two nights. That buys my dinner and a glass of wine or two that's actually drinkable.

Which of the two PI's is the easiest to get/to from T5 please?
both the t4 and the T5 one you can just get the bus outside to T5. For the T5 one get the 423 from the stop across the road. For the T4 PI go to the car park level at the bottom of the hotel, exit outside, turn right and get the 482 or 490 from the bus stop about 100m down the road. The free travel zone is no more so you have to pay for the buses but it’s around £1.60 I think.

As someone who travels light I have actually been walking between the PI T5 and T5 over the last few months. It takes about 20-30 mins based on your speed but when the weather is ok it’s a nice walk. However, I wouldn’t recommend it if you have lots of bags
Old Aug 14, 2021, 3:30 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by KARFA
The free travel zone is no more so you have to pay for the buses but it’s around £1.60 I think.
It's £1.55 but remember you can only pay by Oyster card or contactless bank card/device.
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
The manager posted in a recent comment on review they 'trying to open the lounge late 2021'... The swimming pool has also been closed 1.5+ year plus.

Quite ridicilous indeed.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by itisme
The manager posted in a recent comment on review they 'trying to open the lounge late 2021'... The swimming pool has also been closed 1.5+ year plus.

Quite ridicilous indeed.
The pool has gone!
Old Aug 20, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Indeed, part of the recent renovation.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by residentx
The pool has gone!
As noted above, the pool was removed as part of the reno work; more info in posts earlier this year and further back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.