Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pinniped
OK...the responses in this thread seem unanimous: I need to move my booking from HGI to Conrad!

The price is about double, but it's double in points and since I'm sitting on hundreds of thousands of points I might as well use them for a nice stays in Asia. The 5 nights after Singapore are going to be at Conrad Koh Samui, and then 3 after that at one of the nicer Hlltons in Bangkok.

Deluxe rooms are 59k/nt. Exec rooms are 71k/nt. Wonder if it's worth the extra points to have a shot at suites? Any thoughts on whether a King Suite or Twin Suite would be likelier as an upgrade? FIgure that could impact whether I select a twin or king room. We'll probably do one kid and one adult in each room so either bad type would be okay.
Suite upgrades are a crap shot, especially when you have a 5 day stay. Could it happen, sure, likely, no. 1 or 2 night stay ups one's odds considerably to get a suite, speaking from experience .
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Suite upgrades are a crap shot, especially when you have a 5 day stay. Could it happen, sure, likely, no. 1 or 2 night stay ups one's odds considerably to get a suite, speaking from experience .
I agree. I think my upgrade to the Centennial Suite from a Deluxe King room was extremely helped by the fact I was only staying 1 night.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
So on a 3-nighter, would a Deluxe to Exec be a pretty reliable upgrade?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
So on a 3-nighter, would a Deluxe to Exec be a pretty reliable upgrade?
Totally depends on the availability on those specific days..Deluxe to Exec pretty much means higher floors as the rooms are the same otherwise. You'll still have EL access regardless as a HH DIA.

I've come to not really care about upgrades anymore. Much less stressful, and if it happens, bonus.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I've come to not really care about upgrades anymore. Much less stressful, and if it happens, bonus.
Agreed.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I am a gold member and I have booked a suite. Can I get my free breakfast in the restaurant or am I limited to the club?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:21 pm

In something like 25 stays here in the last 5 years, I have had a suite upgrade once. All as diamond and variable length stays, 1-8 nights.

My rule here is book a suite, or book base. There is no noticeable difference otherwise, and I've never been given a room in the teens- always 20+ level high.
CMK10, Abidjan, EGW1 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I am a gold member and I have booked a suite. Can I get my free breakfast in the restaurant or am I limited to the club?
You can have it in the restaurant
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:55 am

I recently made a reservation for the Conrad Centennial via the Hilton app in the current 'sale'. The CC I used for payment is the one linked to my HH account and the reservation is showing as confirmed in the 'my stay' section of the app. This is a non-refundable rate and the full payment was required when booking.

I have now received an email from the hotel's reservations manager with a link to pay the hotel directly which I am not going to do. The reason for requesting payment by this method was for 'security reasons', despite being informed in the message that my reservation is in their system.

The message stated:
"Yes, indeed your room is booked under the advance purchase promotion and we do have your credit card in the booking to charge for the deposit.
However, we have not charge to your credit card yet. Hence, we would like to share with you that due to security reason we would like you to make the payment online via the link we have sent you.

For bookings made through online, our team is sending individual email to guest on the payment link."

I also made other bookings in the Hilton sale without any issues, some of which are already showing as pending payments on my CC account. I find it difficult to comprehend the last paragraph where it suggests online bookings are now required to be paid via the link.

I have never experienced this before and there is no way I am paying through the link as as far as I am concerned, the reservation is confirmed and awaiting payment through the credit card used.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by passy777
I recently made a reservation for the Conrad Centennial via the Hilton app in the current 'sale'. The CC I used for payment is the one linked to my HH account and the reservation is showing as confirmed in the 'my stay' section of the app. This is a non-refundable rate and the full payment was required when booking.

I have now received an email from the hotel's reservations manager with a link to pay the hotel directly which I am not going to do. The reason for requesting payment by this method was for 'security reasons', despite being informed in the message that my reservation is in their system.

The message stated:
"Yes, indeed your room is booked under the advance purchase promotion and we do have your credit card in the booking to charge for the deposit.
However, we have not charge to your credit card yet. Hence, we would like to share with you that due to security reason we would like you to make the payment online via the link we have sent you.

For bookings made through online, our team is sending individual email to guest on the payment link."

I also made other bookings in the Hilton sale without any issues, some of which are already showing as pending payments on my CC account. I find it difficult to comprehend the last paragraph where it suggests online bookings are now required to be paid via the link.

I have never experienced this before and there is no way I am paying through the link as as far as I am concerned, the reservation is confirmed and awaiting payment through the credit card used.
Yeah, never, ever, make any payment, etc. from a link sent via e-mail like this. Basic security protocol.
jefftiger, passy777 and Chang11 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:57 am

Never had this in so many reservations. Odd.
passy777 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Never had this in so many reservations. Odd.
That's exactly why he should not pay through the link.
kt85 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
I don’t know what’s up with that payment.

What I can say is I thought the Conrad was a really good hotel.

My room was very spacious with a massive bathroom. Everything was very clean. The housekeeping even folded my shirts I left on the side and they put down towels in the bathroom ready and by the bed.

The girl doing the housekeeping was like a ninja. As soon as I went out she appeared. And I was going out at different times everyday!

I wasn’t a fan of the food. I felt it was over priced and not great quality and I wouldn’t eat in the hotel if you can avoid it although what I think of the food may be different to what someone else does.

The lounge was fine too; comfortable and lots of free drinks up to 8pm. Although again I didn’t think much of the food selection.

Location wise with a shopping mall all around it there were plenty of options to eat and buy stuff and the hop on hop off tourist bus was also based in the mall across the road.

I would have no issues staying there again. It was a good stay.
Abidjan and Cynicor like this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Chang11
That's exactly why he should not pay through the link.
Indeed.

I contacted Hilton via their chat service and the agent informed me the reservation was fine and is awaiting payment through the normal method of the CC associated with my HH account.

She also informed me not to pay through the link and delete the emails - although I do know that the emails are genuine,

I have contacted the hotel directly in an effort to explain as to why a Reservation Manager would request such a method of paying for a stay that is already confirmed and being processed through the recognised methods.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by passy777
Indeed.

I contacted Hilton via their chat service and the agent informed me the reservation was fine and is awaiting payment through the normal method of the CC associated with my HH account.

She also informed me not to pay through the link and delete the emails - although I do know that the emails are genuine,

I have contacted the hotel directly in an effort to explain as to why a Reservation Manager would request such a method of paying for a stay that is already confirmed and being processed through the recognised methods.
Would hope they will investigate this through fraud/risk mgmt
iluv2fly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.