Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by pinniped
So has this hotel undergone a renovation since 2017?

Only reason I ask is that I opened this thread on Page 1 looking for a Wiki. There was no Wiki, but I ended up reading a page or two of 2017 posts about a cramped lounge, an overwhelmed buffet area that is sometimes inaccessible without queueing, and people being sent to meeting rooms for a makeshift "lounge". Reviews of rooms were lackluster as well.

Contemplating an early 2020 stay here. 2 adults 2 teenagers, Diamond members. Generally looking to spend Hilton and save Marriott for now, so will probably either do the Conrad or HGI. First visit to Singapore, 3 nights, just visiting the city for fun. Looks like this is the right location for that...

Hi,

Have you consideed the Hilton on Orchard road also ( lots of shopping malls and restaurants and a short walk to the MRT) whislt the Conrad is closer to the Marina and Gardens on the Bay ( nice walk via the Helix bridge). The 31st floor lounge got packed on Firday evening when i was there but the 4th floor lounge was quieter. Enjoy!

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by teo1991
renovation was completed in 2018.
the buffet breakfast at Oscars do get a bit crowded after 7.30am
there are 2 lounge now level 4 lounge by the pool and also the level 31 Executive Lounge. The evening cocktail do get a bit crowded though at the Level 31 Executive Lounge
Great...thanks. Do Diamonds have the option of using either lounge? Do they have the option of eating breakfast in one of the lounges and avoiding the restaurant?

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Have you consideed the Hilton on Orchard road also ( lots of shopping malls and restaurants and a short walk to the MRT) whislt the Conrad is closer to the Marina and Gardens on the Bay ( nice walk via the Helix bridge). The 31st floor lounge got packed on Firday evening when i was there but the 4th floor lounge was quieter. Enjoy!

Regards

TBS
The Hilton is higher cost and more points than the Conrad. I haven't taken a close look at it because of that. I figured I'd either go with a standard award at the HGI or a premium award at the Conrad that would ensure a nice room with or without an upgrade.

No desire to visit shopping malls while in Singapore.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
As I recall it in general this property is actually more busy on weekends right?
Lots of business travelers utilize this hotel, it's right next to the financial offices.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Great...thanks. Do Diamonds have the option of using either lounge? Do they have the option of eating breakfast in one of the lounges and avoiding the restaurant?

The Hilton is higher cost and more points than the Conrad. I haven't taken a close look at it because of that. I figured I'd either go with a standard award at the HGI or a premium award at the Conrad that would ensure a nice room with or without an upgrade.

No desire to visit shopping malls while in Singapore.
Hi,
Thanks for that ( although from the conrad unles taking the MRT there will be a bit of walking inside the malls to get to the marina ( by the esplanade theatres)

Diamonds can use either lounge ( or both- ) and can have breakfast there ( 31st was pretty good) rather than the restaurant . The Dress code is slightly stricter on the 31st ( ie no flip flops or swimwear) than on the 4th ( shorts should not be a problem as I saw a few of them in the 31st fl lounge in July) I generally stuck to the 31st floor lunge but used the 4th a few times just for drinks ( and on friday evening)- i did like the empress cocktail. Alcoholic drinks after 8pm will be charged to your room

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I'm a Diamond by the way. I think it could just be the luck of the draw.
I'm 0/3 suite upgrades here as Diamond so yes, it is totally the luck of the draw
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,
Thanks for that ( although from the conrad unles taking the MRT there will be a bit of walking inside the malls to get to the marina ( by the esplanade theatres)

Diamonds can use either lounge ( or both- ) and can have breakfast there ( 31st was pretty good) rather than the restaurant . The Dress code is slightly stricter on the 31st ( ie no flip flops or swimwear) than on the 4th ( shorts should not be a problem as I saw a few of them in the 31st fl lounge in July) I generally stuck to the 31st floor lunge but used the 4th a few times just for drinks ( and on friday evening)- i did like the empress cocktail. Alcoholic drinks after 8pm will be charged to your room

Regards

TBS
Great...that's helpful. Nice to have options on breakfast. Dress code won't be an issue, and I can totally understand not wanting people wandering around the lounge in swimsuits!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:08 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
So has this hotel undergone a renovation since 2017?

Only reason I ask is that I opened this thread on Page 1 looking for a Wiki. There was no Wiki, but I ended up reading a page or two of 2017 posts about a cramped lounge, an overwhelmed buffet area that is sometimes inaccessible without queueing, and people being sent to meeting rooms for a makeshift "lounge". Reviews of rooms were lackluster as well.

Contemplating an early 2020 stay here. 2 adults 2 teenagers, Diamond members. Generally looking to spend Hilton and save Marriott for now, so will probably either do the Conrad or HGI. First visit to Singapore, 3 nights, just visiting the city for fun. Looks like this is the right location for that...
It seems that your questions have been answered elsewhere ^ I will though add that I would go with 1. Conrad 2. Hilton; Will never choose HGI Singapore as I have seen far too many negatives for my liking: Overrun with tour groups/noisy rooms/breakfast carnage/very few, if any, Diamond perks.
You will not be disappointed with Conrad IME.
Chang11 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:39 pm

After continuing to follow this thread, I'm wondering if I should downgrade my exec king reservation and book a base room to get the exec king as a diamond. Looks like there is no chance of a suite upgrade on an extended stay. I absolutely do not want to book an exec and get an exec with a bottle of prosecco as an apology for no further upgrade.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
... so will probably either do the Conrad or HGI.
The HGI is really several comfort notches down from the Conrad. Smaller rooms, no lounge, far smaller breakfast spread, no room upgrades. a decent distance from nearest MRT station. I would go so far as to say it's not worth the money unless the room rate is less than half that of the Conrad for your travel dates ... or if you would like to be in the middle of cultural Little India (instead of the more "sterile" locations of the Conrad or Hilton).

Last edited by shuigao; Oct 8, 2019 at 11:23 pm
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by saaveraward
After continuing to follow this thread, I'm wondering if I should downgrade my exec king reservation and book a base room to get the exec king as a diamond. Looks like there is no chance of a suite upgrade on an extended stay. I absolutely do not want to book an exec and get an exec with a bottle of prosecco as an apology for no further upgrade.
It’s unlikely although not impossible that you will get a suite. They might give you a 30th or 31st floor executive room. If I were you and the price difference was significant, I’d go with the lesser room category on the assumption you are more likely to be upgraded to an executive room than from an executive to a suite.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by shuigao
The HGI is really several comfort notches down from the Conrad. Smaller rooms, no lounge, far smaller breakfast spread, no room upgrades. a decent distance from nearest MRT station. I would go so far as to say it's not worth the money unless the room rate is less than half that of the Conrad for your travel dates ... or if you would like to be in the middle of cultural Little India (instead of the more "sterile" locations of the Conrad or Hilton).
Completely agree, I’ve stayed at both, and the HGI is definitely not comparable to the Conrad in pretty much any way. It’s not a bad hotel by any means, but for the purposes described, Conrad is the clear choice.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by JTMarlin
Lots of business travelers utilize this hotel, it's right next to the financial offices.
Correct, and most of those companies / offices are on corporate rates. It’s consistently very busy.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Was up in the lounge tonight. Great view but still Chandon only (they only had Chandon out and I asked and was told only Chandon).

JW Black was solid though and pours were generous enough to make it a solid pre-dinner happy hour
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by shuigao
Originally Posted by EGW1
Completely agree, I’ve stayed at both, and the HGI is definitely not comparable to the Conrad in pretty much any way. It’s not a bad hotel by any means, but for the purposes described, Conrad is the clear choice.
OK...the responses in this thread seem unanimous: I need to move my booking from HGI to Conrad!

The price is about double, but it's double in points and since I'm sitting on hundreds of thousands of points I might as well use them for a nice stays in Asia. The 5 nights after Singapore are going to be at Conrad Koh Samui, and then 3 after that at one of the nicer Hlltons in Bangkok.

Deluxe rooms are 59k/nt. Exec rooms are 71k/nt. Wonder if it's worth the extra points to have a shot at suites? Any thoughts on whether a King Suite or Twin Suite would be likelier as an upgrade? FIgure that could impact whether I select a twin or king room. We'll probably do one kid and one adult in each room so either bad type would be okay.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
OK...the responses in this thread seem unanimous: I need to move my booking from HGI to Conrad!
Good call, lol!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.