Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mrandmrsvoyage
No more LP at the lounge (31st neither 4th). Staying now for 15 nights and asked twice. But they are serving Chandon as a champagne.
I hope this is temporary..
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mrandmrsvoyage
No more LP at the lounge (31st neither 4th). Staying now for 15 nights and asked twice. But they are serving Chandon as a champagne.
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I hope this is temporary..
Boo and if temporary hopefully resolved before next week when I'm there...
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I pushed this property a bit via email and noted that I had booked under FHR and am also Hilton Gold. I managed to secure lounge access for my 3 night stay which was originally booked in the grand deluxe king, and they'll either check me in early for my morning arrival or if not, they'll let me access the lounge until the room is ready. They said they upgrade one category at check in if available, and it looks like they already upgraded the room to the premium king so I expect that's so it gets bumped to executive on day of arrival for the lounge access.

Very happy with the outcome. I'm normally a Marriott person but the price here with the FHR stay 3 pay 2 plus the $100 credit just made it such a great deal.
NoY likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Checking in for a stay starting tomorrow.

The app is only giving me the choice of one room XX07 (doesn't seem like great choice, prefer even room for harbor view), but even worse is the app is suggesting this is my Hilton Diamond upgrade room to a Premium King expect my original booking as already a Premium King...

Let's hope they resolve this tomorrow in person, that would be ridiculous for them to pretend they've upgraded me to a room category I already booked
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787

The app is only giving me the choice of one room XX07 (doesn't seem like great choice, prefer even room for harbor view), but even worse is the app is suggesting this is my Hilton Diamond upgrade room to a Premium King expect my original booking as already a Premium King...

Let's hope they resolve this tomorrow in person, that would be ridiculous for them to pretend they've upgraded me to a room category I already booked
In what way is the app suggesting this is an upgrade?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
In what way is the app suggesting this is an upgrade?
With a banner that says something along the lines of "this is the best room available and good news it's a Hilton honors upgrade" -- I finished check-in and didn't take a screenshot. It also had a blue up arrow on it
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond

being a weekday, ie: Full house it's likely that's the room you'll receive.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
As I recall it in general this property is actually more busy on weekends right?
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:10 am

Nope, definitely higher occupancy on weekdays. Just seems busy on weekends cos the weddings etc give people time for breakfast so there are queues etc.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
With a banner that says something along the lines of "this is the best room available and good news it's a Hilton honors upgrade" -- I finished check-in and didn't take a screenshot. It also had a blue up arrow on it
Hmm usually if I have been upgraded the message should be you have been upgraded and also with the red bold message
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by wantan
being a weekday, ie: Full house it's likely that's the room you'll receive.
I had a late July stay here for 1 night (Wed-Thu). I booked a Deluxe King and was upgraded to a Centennial Suite. I was actually upgraded to an Executive King the day before check in. When I arrived at the property, I was upgraded to a Centennial Suite.

I'm a Diamond by the way. I think it could just be the luck of the draw.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
Conrad, all day long. Better lounge (with free-flow LP Champagne) along with nice table service for drinks. Very nice, classy new rooms & generally excellent service. The JW underwhelmed in all of the aforementioned, IME.
So has this hotel undergone a renovation since 2017?

Only reason I ask is that I opened this thread on Page 1 looking for a Wiki. There was no Wiki, but I ended up reading a page or two of 2017 posts about a cramped lounge, an overwhelmed buffet area that is sometimes inaccessible without queueing, and people being sent to meeting rooms for a makeshift "lounge". Reviews of rooms were lackluster as well.

Contemplating an early 2020 stay here. 2 adults 2 teenagers, Diamond members. Generally looking to spend Hilton and save Marriott for now, so will probably either do the Conrad or HGI. First visit to Singapore, 3 nights, just visiting the city for fun. Looks like this is the right location for that...
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by pinniped
So has this hotel undergone a renovation since 2017?

Only reason I ask is that I opened this thread on Page 1 looking for a Wiki. There was no Wiki, but I ended up reading a page or two of 2017 posts about a cramped lounge, an overwhelmed buffet area that is sometimes inaccessible without queueing, and people being sent to meeting rooms for a makeshift "lounge". Reviews of rooms were lackluster as well.

Contemplating an early 2020 stay here. 2 adults 2 teenagers, Diamond members. Generally looking to spend Hilton and save Marriott for now, so will probably either do the Conrad or HGI. First visit to Singapore, 3 nights, just visiting the city for fun. Looks like this is the right location for that...
renovation was completed in 2018.
the buffet breakfast at Oscars do get a bit crowded after 7.30am
there are 2 lounge now level 4 lounge by the pool and also the level 31 Executive Lounge. The evening cocktail do get a bit crowded though at the Level 31 Executive Lounge
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Nope, definitely higher occupancy on weekdays. Just seems busy on weekends cos the weddings etc give people time for breakfast so there are queues etc.
Originally Posted by teo1991
Hmm usually if I have been upgraded the message should be you have been upgraded and also with the red bold message
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I had a late July stay here for 1 night (Wed-Thu). I booked a Deluxe King and was upgraded to a Centennial Suite. I was actually upgraded to an Executive King the day before check in. When I arrived at the property, I was upgraded to a Centennial Suite.

I'm a Diamond by the way. I think it could just be the luck of the draw.
Yeah should've taken a picture -- hotel is sold out tonight so ended up with XX11 -- not as good as my last stay in 2017, room is definitely smaller (I think I got bumped up to "Executive King" in 2017). Hotel opens up tomorrow so may ask about a Diamond upgrade for last 2 nights -- we'll see.

Bigger disappointment is the mediocre view from XX11 -- was hoping for a nice view similar to the XX12 posted above but will just have to go for a run in the AM to get that view
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:06 am

I suppose this view from an Executive Twin room xx10 is not too bad
SanDiego1K and NoY like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.