Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:49 pm

I'm assuming that at least some of the suites at this property have the marina bay view? Would be strange for their more premium room types to not do so
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by alany611
I'm assuming that at least some of the suites at this property have the marina bay view? Would be strange for their more premium room types to not do so
You cant just create a view. Buildings in the way mean that views are mostly obstructed. It's not the only way to have a premium room (though in honesty I'm not really sure what's sets the this Conrad's rooms apart.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:04 pm

Doing a mini trip report as a diamond:

I spent 2 nights here over the weekend. I originally booked it with two back-to-back reservations: 1 premium king reward with points and 1 standard weekend night reward. I was hoping that upon check in that I would be upgraded on the second night from the standard room otherwise I would have to change rooms.

I arrived pretty early around 10:00 and was not expecting the room to be available. If it wasn't available I was just going to store my luggage and check out the food centers. Luckily the xx26 corner room that I selected during OLCI was available. Add to my luck that they were able to let me keep the room for the second night so my standard weekend night certificate was upgraded.

I ate breakfast at the downstairs Oscars restaurant which was pretty good. I never ate breakfast in the executive lounge so I can't compare. I did check out the executive lounge for cocktail hour one night and had a few beers and some snacks. All-in-all it was a really nice stay and would definitely be back.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just completed a week long stay here. As a Diamond on a FHR rate, I was upgraded from cheapest room to Exectuive room. I was initially given a room facing Suntec City which I quite disliked.
I requested a change to Marina view and that room was great - good views of merlion, MBS and room was huge. Mini review as follows:

Great
  • Staff was really nice and polite throughout
  • Room was great
  • Location - close to MRT and couple of malls -within easy walking to MBS, Makansutra
  • Dark chocolate ice cream for breakfast - absolutely amazing!
As expected
  • Breakfast spread was quite good. I ate at Oscars everyday and never had to wait. Fresh juices. I would have liked to see some more Singaporean delicacies on offer though. Maybe they could have added Kopi and be a bit more creative here.
Poor
  • Used my FHR credit on the Spa and it was disappointing. The Spa is tiny - no steam/sauna and the therapist didn't seem that good.
  • Coffee - Nespresso in the room is fine, but the coffee in the lounge/Oscar was quite disappoiting. I think this is a SG wide problem - they dont have a great coffee culture.
  • Elevator - being on a high floor - this one was a pain. Minimum 5 stops before I could reach the destination. Well, that gave me a lot of time to notice the amazing(not) carpets in the elevtor
  • Executive Lounge - the layout is poor and the dining room is tiny. The soups were full of corn starch(tried 2 different ones, both were really bad). Most days, the snacks were quite sad and given this is SG where food in general is good, this was unacceptable
  • Pool - didnt try, but seemed uninviting.
I got good value out of the stay - with 3rd night free on FHR, breakfast, hotel credit. and Amex offer($70 credit) and HH promos.Late checkout was also useful as I had an evening flight. Overall, I enjoyed the stay as the thing that mattered most to me was the room and a decent enough breakfast and both of them was fine.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Any recent data points for diamond benefits on a 3 person cash stay?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by verbyournoun
Any recent data points for diamond benefits on a 3 person cash stay?
Anything specific you're looking for? Just scroll through this thread, there are tons of stay reports and other data points from Diamonds. The two most recent posts above yours are Diamond stay reports, etc.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 2:36 pm

I think the question is “will I have to pay for breakfast, or lounge entry, or and extra bed for a third adult if I book for 2 as a diamond”?
but that’s just reading between the lines. It’s confusing otherwise...
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Sorry clarification the above poster is correct, will diamond benefits extend to all three of us in the same room l?(breakfast, EL). I know that some Asian properties can be strict about it
Cynicor likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:46 pm

If you book for 2, no. They are relatively strict on that it seems.
if you book for 3 as a diamond I think you’ll get it all, but haven’t done that for a long time.
oddly, if you book 2 rooms you’ll be fine for 4
TravelingZoomer likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cynicor
If you book for 2, no. They are relatively strict on that it seems.
if you book for 3 as a diamond I think you’ll get it all, but haven’t done that for a long time.
oddly, if you book 2 rooms you’ll be fine for 4
I figured, thanks though.

Early in the year I BRG 2 rooms for 4 adults bringing the rate to 320 USD each for two nights, a pretty good deal. Since then, a 5th adult will be joining us, who doesn't mind sleeping on the couch. I don't want to email and ask for a third person charge in case they do not honor the rate. I think I might just chance it and report back, cheers.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Had a stay the other night and the Laurent Perrier champagne has disappeared from both lounges to make way for the Ł10 Chandon.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:47 am

view of Merlion

fyi... while it's true that lower even-number rooms are the best for views of the Marina Bay and downtown skyline, I doubt that you can see Merlion from -02 rooms.
I stayed in -06 which has two windows. From the window closer to the elevator, I could see Merlion. But from the other window closer to -02, the Mandarin Hotel obstructs the view of Merlion. It's amazing how much difference a couple metres can make.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
fyi... while it's true that lower even-number rooms are the best for views of the Marina Bay and downtown skyline, I doubt that you can see Merlion from -02 rooms.
I stayed in -06 which has two windows. From the window closer to the elevator, I could see Merlion. But from the other window closer to -02, the Mandarin Hotel obstructs the view of Merlion. It's amazing how much difference a couple metres can make.
what room type were you in? any idea if only certain room types will be lower even-number rooms?

Also, does anyone know if I may be invited to eat breakfast at the lounge/restaurant when checking in early (6:30 AM) as a Diamond? I have heard this done for Diamonds at other properties, but certainly understand it's not a rule.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Also, does anyone know if I may be invited to eat breakfast at the lounge/restaurant when checking in early (6:30 AM) as a Diamond? I have heard this done for Diamonds at other properties, but certainly understand it's not a rule.
They’ve sent me to 4th floor lounge only if waiting for a room.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:22 pm

what room type were you in? any idea if only certain room types will be lower even-number rooms?

I had booked Grand Deluxe Twin. On OLCI, I was given numerous choices all of which were like 15th floor or lower, all either on odd-side or room number of -16+ on the even side. I know that my room was an upgrade from my booked room type.

I'd initially selected room 1516, which would have been considered Grand Deluxe. They also have what's called Deluxe room which is one tier lower than Grand Deluxe, and I don't know what that would've entailed. I studied views from my room, from elevator lobby window and Google Earth carefully and I conclude that the view from 1516 would've been fine as far as showing me enough of the downtown skyline and most importantly the Merlion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.