Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Old Mar 25, 19, 8:44 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
If I recall correctly, the deluxe and executive room is almost the same. Save for maybe slight different layout and higher floors.
Old Mar 25, 19, 11:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Thats just a technical upgrade, hope you get a suite!
Old Mar 26, 19, 1:23 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, HHonors Diamond, SPG Preferred Plus & Marriott Silver
I have just noticed that Oscar's Supercharged Sunday Brunch is no more. This is a pity as we really enjoyed our brunch in December 2016.

It has been replaced by "Eat Drink Brunch Repeat" https://conradhotels3.hilton.com/res...unch_Mar19.pdf

This doesn't look like a positive change at the moment given the price increase and no mention of seafood or other premium items that made the previous brunch worthwhile.
Old Mar 26, 19, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
Thats just a technical upgrade, hope you get a suite!
I'll report back. I love a suite but if I don't, it's not a big deal. We land at 5:30am from SFO so I'll be happier if our room was ready and have access to the lounges
Old Mar 31, 19, 12:59 am

Programs: SQ, BA Gold (GGL), Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Gold, AmEx Cent
Back in residence again and room (suite) lovely as always...quite a lot of new staff, or at least I haven't seen them before. Lounges have been packed full for the last few days, but I think it's a cruise ship and/or Aussie "secret escapes" crowd...as such, the LP Champagne has gone and the Chandon is back ... Hopefully full service returns shortly lol!

Incidentally, if there's one thing I wish they would change it is the hideously old carpets in the lifts ... it gives such a bad first impression to walk from the lobby (with new rugs and carpets now) into a lift with faded and stained pink and beige carpets ... there must be a reason why they have not been replaced?!
Old Mar 31, 19, 5:26 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EGW1 View Post
Back in residence again and room (suite) lovely as always...quite a lot of new staff, or at least I haven't seen them before. Lounges have been packed full for the last few days, but I think it's a cruise ship and/or Aussie "secret escapes" crowd...as such, the LP Champagne has gone and the Chandon is back ... Hopefully full service returns shortly lol!

Incidentally, if there's one thing I wish they would change it is the hideously old carpets in the lifts ... it gives such a bad first impression to walk from the lobby (with new rugs and carpets now) into a lift with faded and stained pink and beige carpets ... there must be a reason why they have not been replaced?!
Bummer if the champagne is gone. I presumed it was offered as a competitive match move with other near by hotel lounges that offer champagne.

On the elevator carpet issue. Why don't you express your observation to someone in management. Would be interesting to hear their comments on your feedback, which by the way, seems very reasonable.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Apr 1, 19, 2:37 am

Programs: SQ, BA Gold (GGL), Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Gold, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
Bummer if the champagne is gone. I presumed it was offered as a competitive match move with other near by hotel lounges that offer champagne.

On the elevator carpet issue. Why don't you express your observation to someone in management. Would be interesting to hear their comments on your feedback, which by the way, seems very reasonable.
Yup - I will leave some feedback this time as I always forget! It does seem like the LP has gone, at least for now. It may well be temporary as I also noticed the lovely champagne flutes have gone, replaced with the more standard flutes.
Old Apr 1, 19, 5:53 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
One has to request LP, it is always available.
Old Apr 1, 19, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
One has to request LP, it is always available.
Maybe, but there’s a big difference between the fridge on 31st floor and the ice buckets on 4th floor being fully stocked with LP, and the lounge hosts walking around with bottles of LP for top ups, and the situation now of those being replaced with Chandon. Available on request is not the same as always available in my mind, and I don’t really want to have to make the special request.
Cynicor likes this.

Last edited by EGW1; Apr 1, 19 at 9:52 am
Old Apr 2, 19, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers View Post
I'll report back. I love a suite but if I don't, it's not a big deal. We land at 5:30am from SFO so I'll be happier if our room was ready and have access to the lounges
Reporting back that we didnít get upgraded to a suite. We were very pleased that room was available (25th floor) at ~7:00am, and lounges were available to us that morning. Requested and granted a 2pm late check out. Overall a great stay.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 3, 19, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by shawneve View Post
Just to confirm, the hotel specifically said a Premium room will get Exec Lounge access regardless of upgrade?
I am going in the summer and have a good corporate rate on a Premium room and I am Gold with Hilton.
I am Titanium with Marriott and was considering Marriott South Beach, where I definitely have lounge access, but knowing I would get Lounge access at the Conrad, might tip the scales to this property.

Anyone else have any opinion on Marriott South Beach vs Conrad?
A couple of years ago I stay at the JW South Beach. I like the Conrad better. The JW's rooms are small and rather odd. And the lounge is also odd. (Maybe they've changed) IIRC, there is one large table if the smaller tables are full. The Conrad is closer to MRT stations. There's a longish outdoor walk to the closest MRT to the JW. Others may disagree with me.
Old Apr 3, 19, 5:15 pm

I've not stayed but isn't the nearest MRT city hall station, which the JW is practically on top of, and houses green and red lines which go to the main spots as they are the oldest lines?

If not right above, must be nearby I would have thought!
Old Apr 3, 19, 7:10 pm

Conrad is near Promenade MRT, JW is as near Esplanade MRT, which is brand new. Iím fairly regular at both, and truthfully it comes down to which brand you prefer and if you need nights / points etc. Iíve had really good upgrades at the JW, and the suites are huge, standard rooms less so. That said, the JW has a lovely spa area with steam, sauna, relaxation chairs etc (Conrad doesnít) and the lounge is more expansive than Conrad. JW is also closer to City Hall for malls eateries etc (Millenia Walk, Marina Square near Conrad donít really compare).

For me I stay at Conrad as itís super convenient for work (Downtown), and although I wouldnít take the MRT to work (I find the walk too long / hot in a suit), returning from work is fine. The food at Conrad has the edge I think, and the rooms are more traditionally sophisticated whereas the JW is more edgy / trendy.

Both are great...if I wanted a guaranteed easy experience and on business only, Iíd go for Conrad. If I had some leisure time built in, Iíd probably go for the JW, and I often do when I need Bonvoy nights/points or have weekend to relax and explore (I really like walking around the National Gallery, which is closer to the JW).

p.s Iím not sure a Premium Room guarantees lounge access at the Conrad, that might be worth an email to confirm...and the ultimate decider would be cost, as to me the JW is not worth more than the Conrad and vice versa (my corporate rates are the same for both).

Last edited by EGW1; Apr 3, 19 at 7:21 pm
Old Apr 3, 19, 7:25 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), SPG (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by manneca View Post
A couple of years ago I stay at the JW South Beach. I like the Conrad better. The JW's rooms are small and rather odd. And the lounge is also odd. (Maybe they've changed) IIRC, there is one large table if the smaller tables are full. The Conrad is closer to MRT stations. There's a longish outdoor walk to the closest MRT to the JW. Others may disagree with me.
Originally Posted by Cynicor View Post
I've not stayed but isn't the nearest MRT city hall station, which the JW is practically on top of, and houses green and red lines which go to the main spots as they are the oldest lines?

If not right above, must be nearby I would have thought!
The JW is a short, entirely covered walk from Esplanade station. The Conrad is a partly covered/partly open walk to Promenade station. Their distances from their respective closest stations is approximately equal.

You our can walk from the JW to City Hall (entirely underground/indoors if you wish) in about 8 minutes if brisk.
Old Apr 3, 19, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by User Name View Post

The JW is a short, entirely covered walk from Esplanade station. The Conrad is a partly covered/partly open walk to Promenade station. Their distances from their respective closest stations is approximately equal.

You our can walk from the JW to City Hall (entirely underground/indoors if you wish) in about 8 minutes if brisk.

Correct! I would just add not to underestimate how warm it can be walking from the Conrad to Promenade (and then Promenade station itself is very warm until you get past the barriers and down the escalators into the station). For me, hotel to platform would be around 7-10 mins, which is uncomfortable in a suit. The walk to Esplanade is as you say covered, and Esplanade station being brand new is a lot cooler once inside in my experience (you can also exit the JW via the lifts at the spa, meaning the walk from hotel to platform is around 4 mins). 99% of the time, there is a taxi or three waiting outside the Conrad...whereas I've never seen one waiting at JW, meaning you have to book.

Search this Thread