Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Booked a king exec as diamond and was told I would get a suite if available at check in. But there's only 1 room per floor of suites and only one suite type? So very limited inventory?

Saw a couple videos of the suite. Not that impressive but reports here of the staff and EL makes me free really want to stay there.
Hi,

If staying over a weekend ( esp Friday) then the chances of a suite could be reduced. Failing a suite the marina bay view from a high floor is very good

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi..

You can use it for minibar,hotel laundry ( probably spa and restaurants but would

You cannot use it for the room rate or gift shop ( found it out to my minor cost during my stay ( see post 819)

Unless you will be using the restaurants or bars it is probably not worth it. It did not appear to be cumulative on my stay
I also had an issue getting it credited onto my bill so I would make sure it would be applied at check in. I would also bring a copy of the confirmation and of the promotion where it states SGD 70 Daily as initially they only gsve 1 credit rather than daily). Getting this resolved took a while at check out but I was in the lounge so not too bad but it was a slightly dissappointing way to end my otherwise very good stay ( I think the not allowed to use it at the gift shop should be made clearer on the website but I should also have double checked at checkin as I assumed if it was not exlcuded in the description then it would be vaild everywhere as I have used a Conrad/Hilton credit at other hotels with no issues)

Regards

Tbs
​​​​​​
Thanks you for your reply. I have a few more questions
Your post mentioned you also stay at Hilton hotel. What do your opinion about room , upgrade, Executive lounge and service at Hitlon. Between these two ( Conrad and Hilton) which one you think is better and worthy . Also, I read on line that Diamond member can choose to have breakfast in eat breakfast in restaurant or in the lounge, is it true and did you eat any breakfast in Oscar restaurant
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Your post mentioned you also stay at Hilton hotel. What do your opinion about room , upgrade, Executive lounge and service at Hitlon. Between these two ( Conrad and Hilton) which one you think is better and worthy . Also, I read on line that Diamond member can choose to have breakfast in eat breakfast in restaurant or in the lounge, is it true and did you eat any breakfast in Oscar restaurant

Hi,

The Hilton on Orchard road is excellent if you want to be on Orchard road ( and closer to the botantical gardens) whilst the Conrad is closer to the Marina and the Gardens by the bay ( but with the MRT we are only talking a few minutes). The Conrad is a more modern hotel and more modern( I did like the rooftop pool of the hilton) with very good marina views ( loved the marina view) . I personally felt the Conrad was a better hotel ( and worth a few more SGD than the hilton but maybe not double the price) although the executive lounge personal recognition was better at the Hilton ( a minor thing but was called by name each time I used the lounge at the hilton and despite arriving late ( ie after the evening food service) they provided a small cake and 2 pudding cups.
The hilton views are more of a city view but the rooms are large ,very good ac. good bathrooms and comfortabel bed.

As a diamond you can have breakfast in the lounge or the restaurant (I found the Conrad EL very good for breakfast so did not try Oscars). I did try the restauant in the hilton and it was very good ( very busy compared to the lounge) with a much greater variety than the lounge but the lounge was adequate also.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 7, 2019, 1:19 am

I personally felt the Conrad was a better hotel ( and worth a few more SGD than the hilton but maybe not double the price) although the executive lounge personal recognition was better at the Hilton ( a minor thing but was called by name each time I used the lounge at the hilton and despite arriving late ( ie after the evening food service) they provided a small cake and 2 pudding cups.
I agree with all this and I would dare say that Singapore Hilton has the best staff out of all the EL's I've been to (which is not many... in Asia, I've only been to Jpn, HKG, Singapore, Phuket). The staff there is naturally kind, helpful and attentive. Their evening spread is also quite substantial. The to-go breakfast options for Diamonds if you have to check out early in the morning are quite generous at Hilton... they give you choices the night before, you select, and the next morning the bags are ready to go, and they really pack a lot of food for you. As I said upthread, I really like the Orchard location, more so than the Marina Bay area. It is a pleasant stroll with nice vibe and lots of shopping and dining. The lighting on Orchard is pretty spectacular in Nov/Dec. But also agree with the rest of the comments that Conrad is the better hotel without question (mind you I've only been once).
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
+1 for the Hilton Singapore EL staff being out of this world. The Conrad EL uses a lot of interns and temp staff so service was understandably less polished and also the reason, imho, why personal recognition is lacking. Although there are a few long-term staff members and they are always great, but the feeling is nothing like being genuinely welcome back by the Hilton EL staff whenever I return to the property.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Booked a king exec as diamond and was told I would get a suite if available at check in. But there's only 1 room per floor of suites and only one suite type? So very limited inventory?

Saw a couple videos of the suite. Not that impressive but reports here of the staff and EL makes me free really want to stay there.
If there is no suite available at check-in, they would offer you a choice of a bottle of red or white to be enjoyed in your room. The one time it happened to me, I told them I preferred something sparkling and fully expected to get a bottle of Chandon to the room. So I was pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of LP waiting for me at the room instead ^.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
As a diamond booked in a deluxe king on a Saturday, what can I expect in terms of upgrade? Worth paying 90 SGD to upgrade to an executive for better upgrade?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rhu171
If there is no suite available at check-in, they would offer you a choice of a bottle of red or white to be enjoyed in your room. The one time it happened to me, I told them I preferred something sparkling and fully expected to get a bottle of Chandon to the room. So I was pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of LP waiting for me at the room instead ^.
Hi,

Glad you got a bottle of wine. I did not get it on my stay (got a box of 4 chocolates in the room).

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xkr0p
As a diamond booked in a deluxe king on a Saturday, what can I expect in terms of upgrade? Worth paying 90 SGD to upgrade to an executive for better upgrade?
Hi,

You could be upgraded to the Executive floor ( but you will have lounge access anyway). From a executive room you could be upgraded to a suite ( subject of course to how full it is ) but saturday could be busy. The executive rooms will be on a higher floor and a marina view woud be better than the view from the other side of the hotel).

I have only stayed here once so others may have more experiences.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by xkr0p

Unless you really want a high floor, I wouldn’t pay the additional SGD90. You’ll probably get an upgrade to a Premier room anyway, maybe even an Executive. Premier rooms are I think 17-24 floors, Executive 24-31, Deluxe 13-17. You can try your luck at check-in, Saturday will be busy, but you could call ahead and request a high floor if they have it. Other than the floor location, the rooms are identical anyway, and you already have lounge access. I wouldn’t for example want a room on the Executive floors next to the lifts ... I’d rather take a low floor away from the lifts. I’ve stayed in every room category in the hotel and I wouldn’t proactively pay more for a higher room category, even the suites unless I really wanted extra space. I’d rather take a corner room, and the highest floor they are willing to give.
kevino likes this.

Last edited by EGW1; Sep 8, 2019 at 6:03 am
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
IMHO, the Hilton is not really a 5* hotel, whereas the Conrad definitely is. Taking into account rooms only, the Conrad is the clear winner (the Hilton rooms are tired, they can have mildew/humidity issues, and the walls are thin). The Hilton lounge is however probably better in terms of quality and variety, and the location is good. The Conrad lounge looks great, but the food of late is very repetitive, the LP is increasingly well hidden, and the 31 floor lounge is too often at max capacity. Generally I’ve noticed a lot of new staff (temps, interns, managers) at the Conrad compared to the 1st half of the year, and I’d say rather than an 8/10 I’d currently give it a 7/10. That said, the owner also owns the Ritz Carlton and Capella properties, so quite often the staff are on a rotation. Just finished a stay (a few minor issues I haven’t had before, but last stay was June), however nothing to put me off staying again throughout this month. I’ve stayed at Conrad for hundreds of nights in the last few years, Hilton maybe 20 nights, and given the choice I would always take the Conrad unless there was a significant cost saving (and if there was, I’d look elsewhere before I took the Hilton). On personal recognition, I can’t really comment as the Conrad staff know me very well and I see them more than my family some months, so I’m always warmly welcomed.
bhrubin likes this.

Last edited by EGW1; Sep 8, 2019 at 6:10 am
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:57 pm

Thank you ALL for sharing your inputs. I just make a 4 night stay at Conrad, no deluxe room available . I book the grand king room and not sure what is different between King deluxe vs grand king.

Please advise Which room number will give me a good view of Marina. Should I send an email ahead to request to see if I will get the room I ask for.

What is LP . Is it Laurent Perrier. If so, can I still ask for a glass or two in EL . And which lounge ( floor 31 or floor 4) . And what is the best way to ask for a glass of LP.

Does anyone know which brand bath amenity at Conrad Singapore.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:28 pm

Booked a deluxe king here for 3 nights in December as a diamond.
I read the comments from 2018 re the whole "club" fiasco. Is that still a thing? Or can I expect access to the 31st floor lounge as a diamond regardless of booking?

As we will be here for our honeymoon it would be nice to get upgraded to a suite. Have diamonds been upgraded to a suite from a deluxe at this property?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi.

You will get access to the 31st floor as a diamond regardless.

Ymmv on suite upgrades esp over a weekend as I did not get one on a 4 night stay tuesday to saturday from an executive room

Regards

Tbs

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Sep 9, 2019 at 2:22 am
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:13 am

Hi.

You will get access to the 31st floor as a diamond regardless.

Ymmv on suite upgrades esp over a weekend as I did not get one on a 4 night stay tuesday to saturday

Regards

Tbs
excellent, thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.