Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:33 pm

Without having stayed at the MO I can tell you the deal is good and the hotel will hands down be better. It's just a higher class of hotel and the Conrad renovations don't change that it is still just a Conrad!

I love it for the staff and the diamond benefits. If I didn't have such a good relationship with them I'd be elsewhere.

Checking in soon for my wedding!
dagangwood and earlyriser like this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by psgfan12
I'm a Diamond member and considering booking a 4 night stay at the Conrad tough my wife would like the Mandarin Oriental. There's currently an offer at the Mandarin making it the same price as the Conrad with breakfast included. Has anyone here been to both and able to advise me which one is best?
Many thanks

Stayed at both. Mandarin has nicer pool and gym. That’s about all. Rooms have good view if You get marina bay view, but are dated. I did not have access to lounge at MO, where at Conrad did and this made big difference. Breakfast at MO was okay but nothing special and was very very busy. I would go with Conrad but that’s just me
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Without having stayed at the MO I can tell you the deal is good and the hotel will hands down be better. It's just a higher class of hotel and the Conrad renovations don't change that it is still just a Conrad!

I love it for the staff and the diamond benefits. If I didn't have such a good relationship with them I'd be elsewhere.

Congratulations on your wedding!
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by gav0106

Stayed at both. Mandarin has nicer pool and gym. That’s about all. Rooms have good view if You get marina bay view, but are dated. I did not have access to lounge at MO, where at Conrad did and this made big difference. Breakfast at MO was okay but nothing special and was very very busy. I would go with Conrad but that’s just me
Thank you for the feedback. I was eyeing the MO, because you would think it's better. Based on your feedback, I'll stick with the Conrad. I'm a Diamond member anyway, so the benefits will run deep there.
NoY and Cynicor like this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Cynicor
Congratulations on your wedding!
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by teo1991

no issue with flip flops at Oscars and Lounge by the Pool Level 4
lounge at Level 31 seems to be more strict with the “no flip flop” though
From my experience in the 32st floor lounge before the renovation
Checked in at 2pm, decided to go to the lounge at 2.30 for tea with my partner. Our bags had not been delivered to the room yet.
We got in, sat at the table when the waiter mentioned my partner would not be allowed flip flops in the lounge.

All would have been well if we actually had our bags.. and shoes that were in those bags.
Explained it to the waiter, he refused to listen. Explained it to the lounge manager and it was understood. Of course getting sensitive to it we saw at many occasions people wearing sandals and flip flops and no comment was made.

So yes, it can be an issue.
Globalist
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
is the no children policy for 32nd floor lounge enforced ?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by wantan
I hope not to offend anyone, but I certainly hope so!
JJeffrey, NoY and Chang11 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by wantan
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I hope not to offend anyone, but I certainly hope so!
Especially since a comparable alternative is offered.
JJeffrey, NoY and Cat88L3 like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by gav0106

Thanks, just booked it for this friday 3 nights, let's see how it goes.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:53 am

I've tried emailing the hotel, but haven't received a response. I'm a Diamond member planning a stay with wife and two children (both 4 and under). Would the free breakfast benefit be extended to the children too because of their young age?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by husky96821
I've tried emailing the hotel, but haven't received a response. I'm a Diamond member planning a stay with wife and two children (both 4 and under). Would the free breakfast benefit be extended to the children too because of their young age?
Try emailing again. I have found them to be very responsive.

We are staying there for the first time next month, so can’t say specific to Conrad SIN, but have never been charged for our daughter (just turned 10) at any Hilton property as a 3rd in the room. So you should be good to go with at least 3 of you.

I have heard that children eat free as well. Have different reports on what is considered “child”, but nothing less than 6 years old.

TD
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Is there a big difference in offering between the family lounge vs adult lounge?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Try emailing again. I have found them to be very responsive.

We are staying there for the first time next month, so can’t say specific to Conrad SIN, but have never been charged for our daughter (just turned 10) at any Hilton property as a 3rd in the room. So you should be good to go with at least 3 of you.

I have heard that children eat free as well. Have different reports on what is considered “child”, but nothing less than 6 years old.

TD
Thanks, what email did you use?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by husky96821
Thanks, what email did you use?
In my case they took around 40/48h to reply, email I sent it to is : [email protected]

You also have an email for the concierge: [email protected]
Guest relations which might be the best in your case : [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.