Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Conrad Centennial Singapore
4 night stay
Tuesday 23 July to Saturday 27th July
Room booked : King Executive ( Sin $416 pn- with Compliments Conrad Rate ( SGD $70 pm credit)
Room allocated 3012
Thanks for the nice review, TBS.
I'm considering different room type options for this hotel, plus also considering the Orchard Hilton which is the property I'm a lot more familiar with.
I see that you reserved the exec room with hopes for an upgrade to suite, which you did not get. And you were not always able to get into the 31st EL due to capacity issues.
But you also got to enjoy a fantastic view since you'd assured yourself to be amongst the highest floors by booking Exec level room.

What you say that the view alone made booking Exec room still worthwhile?
And, for the hours outside of evening cocktail hours, is there significant difference in the quality of food/beverages/ambiance between the 4th and the 31st floor lounges?

We're only going to spend one night, probably will be at the hotel only from 7.30p-9.30a.
Right now I have us booked into grand deluxe twin which is supposed to be 13th-17th floor, but I'm hoping my Diamond status gets me upgraded to a higher floor although I understand that an upgrade may not happen and that an upgrade does not get me into 31st floor. The Exec Twin room is 120SGD more than Grand Twin, which is a lot. Since we're arriving at the hotel ~7.30pm, the evening cocktail ends at 8pm, and we have kids <12yo, wife and I would only be able to use the 31st EL after the cocktail ends and before the lounge closes. So I guess the view is the more important deciding factor here.

Singapore Hilton is 70SGD less... I know that Conrad is more upscale, but I love the staff there and its Orchard location. Main reason I'm so far choosing Conrad over Hilton is that it's a bit closer to the airport.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:47 pm

any great food court nearby?

One of the joys of staying at Hilton Orchard is its proximity to ION Orchard which has an outstanding food court called Food Opera which offers hawker centre type food in clean A/C environment. I've been to a few other malls and their food courts including the one at Marina Bay mall, but I just like Food Opera.

Is there any good food court near Conrad? We want Hainan chicken rice, Thai and dim sum. It needs to be better than the Marina Bay mall food court.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by evergrn
One of the joys of staying at Hilton Orchard is its proximity to ION Orchard which has an outstanding food court called Food Opera which offers hawker centre type food in clean A/C environment. I've been to a few other malls and their food courts including the one at Marina Bay mall, but I just like Food Opera.

Is there any good food court near Conrad? We want Hainan chicken rice, Thai and dim sum. It needs to be better than the Marina Bay mall food court.

Hi,

There are food courts in

Suntec city mall (adjacent to Conrad by the fountain of Wealth) -probably the largest selection
Millenia Walk ( across the road from Conrad)- I did like the macroons at a patisserie
Marina Square

I cannot vouch for the quality of food/selelction as I found the lounge food pretty good at the conrad executive lounge and was not hungry when walking past the food courts.

Regards

TBS
evergrn likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:36 pm

Okay thank you.
I will research those places.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:37 pm

duplicate.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Thanks for the nice review, TBS.
I'm considering different room type options for this hotel, plus also considering the Orchard Hilton which is the property I'm a lot more familiar with.
I see that you reserved the exec room with hopes for an upgrade to suite, which you did not get. And you were not always able to get into the 31st EL due to capacity issues.
But you also got to enjoy a fantastic view since you'd assured yourself to be amongst the highest floors by booking Exec level room.

What you say that the view alone made booking Exec room still worthwhile?
And, for the hours outside of evening cocktail hours, is there significant difference in the quality of food/beverages/ambiance between the 4th and the 31st floor lounges?

We're only going to spend one night, probably will be at the hotel only from 7.30p-9.30a.
Right now I have us booked into grand deluxe twin which is supposed to be 13th-17th floor, but I'm hoping my Diamond status gets me upgraded to a higher floor although I understand that an upgrade may not happen and that an upgrade does not get me into 31st floor. The Exec Twin room is 120SGD more than Grand Twin, which is a lot. Since we're arriving at the hotel ~7.30pm, the evening cocktail ends at 8pm, and we have kids <12yo, wife and I would only be able to use the 31st EL after the cocktail ends and before the lounge closes. So I guess the view is the more important deciding factor here.

Singapore Hilton is 70SGD less... I know that Conrad is more upscale, but I love the staff there and its Orchard location. Main reason I'm so far choosing Conrad over Hilton is that it's a bit closer to the airport.
Hi,

As a Diamond you shouild get access to the 31st floor lounge regardless.

The even numbered rooms will have a marina view (with the odd view rooms facing suntec city)

The higher floors will be better but even a floor in the teens ( ie floors 10-20) should offer a good view.

I would probably go for a low even number room on the higher floors ( ie 3012 which was mine) if you go into the 3020's etc you may get more view of the Pan pacific but should still see the marina.

I was only not able to access the 31st Floor lounge 1 evening ( Friday) out of 4 nights. The views from the lounge ( if you get some of the few window seats) were as good as my room with views of the marina and the suntec city on the other side.

The 4th floor faces the pool and had a bar ( do not know if it was available all day as I only had a drink at happy hour) -the 4th floor is more relaxed dress code and had more familes ( on friday-the only day I was there) but the food selection looked identical (and seemed to be similar durring the day. . I wore a polo shirt and chinos when visiting the lounge and everyone else had long trousers/jeans etc ( a few had shorts)

Alcohol in the lounge is chargeable after 8pm and as you are arriving at 730pm it will be dark ( but you might see the daylight the next day- on saturday i was advised the 31st floor would be busiest at 9am)

It is slightly closer than the hilton at orchard road but was in the hilton arranged car from Changi to the hilton and was engrossed in the view at night coming into the city centre and seeing the Singapore flyer at night lit up.

The view made it worth while ( not sure if you had a view of the suntec city you woud think the conrad was worth it) but the bath was large ( bath salts provided) with electronic shades and drapesso you could view the marina from your bed ( they have an alarm clock with a watch face rather than digital

Your price difference is conisderable especially just for 1 night

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:56 pm

@ The _Banking_Scot
Thank you for the additional info. Very helpful.
I did not know that Diamond also got access to the 31st floor lounge without having booked into the exec floor.
Based on your info, I guess the 31st floor lounge vs 4th floor lounge doesn't matter so much then for our short-stay purpose.
Your info on the room numbers and the views are very helpful. I will try my best to get an even-numbered room.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
The Conrad is quite a bit better than the Hilton. (I did 2 weekend nights as part of my diamond challenge in both hotels). If you're comparing sgd260++ and sgd330++ (or thereabouts) I would say the extra sgd70 is worth it, if for nothing else than the better view, newer and more posh rooms, and overall better service.

Booked base / cheapest King room, got upgraded to whichever room it is that was really high up + facing Pan Pacific Marina Bay. I do also note that the 31st floor lounge was really packed for Saturday cocktails, but it was really pleasant for Sunday breakfast (better spread than the Hilton's EL, plus cook-to-order eggs).

Opposite the Conrad is the Millenia Walk mall which doesn't really have much in the way of local food offerings. Taking a left turn goes to Suntec City (Food Republic in the basement), but I would suggest turning right and going to Marina Square instead. Next to the foodcourt there there's wee nam kee chicken rice and lam's signatures -- I like their salt baked chicken thigh.

Last edited by shuigao; Sep 2, 2019 at 7:30 pm
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
The Conrad is quite a bit better than the Hilton. (I did 2 weekend nights as part of my diamond challenge in both hotels). If you're comparing sgd260++ and sgd330++ (or thereabouts) I would say the extra sgd70 is worth it, if for nothing else than the better view, newer and more posh rooms, and overall better service.

Booked base / cheapest King room, got upgraded to whichever room it is that was really high up + facing Pan Pacific Marina Bay. I do also note that the 31st floor lounge was really packed for Saturday cocktails, but it was really pleasant for Sunday breakfast (better spread than the Hilton's EL, plus cook-to-order eggs).

Opposite the Conrad is the Millenia Walk mall which doesn't really have much in the way of local food offerings. Taking a left turn goes to Suntec City (Food Republic in the basement), but I would suggest turning right and going to Marina Square instead. Next to the foodcourt there there's wee nam kee chicken rice and lam's signatures -- I like their salt baked chicken thigh.
Conrad's definitely a better hotel and I don't necessarily prefer Hilton over Conrad. Hilton feels pretty dated and is not on the same level of luxury, but Hilton feels comfortable to me and I really like the staff and the lounge there and love Orchard. I guess it's a personal preference thing. Conrad still gives you the option to have breakfast at the buffet restaurant right?

Thanks for the tips on food court. I see that Marina Square is open till 10pm, but I can't seem to find the hours for its food court. Do you know what time it's open till?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
quote from koufu facebook
[NEW OUTLET NOW OPEN!]

Koufu has a brand new outlet at retail haven Millenia Walk! Come on down now to satisfy your cravings with our wide variety of delicacies, including breads and pastries freshly baked on the spot!

We are located at level 1 (#01-46 to 49), directly opposite of Harvey Norman! See you soon!

hours of operation:8 am to 9pm (from Millenia Walk website)

kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF gold, HHdiamond
is the executive lounge at 31st only accessible to diamonds or also to golds ?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 5:22 am

Diamond only
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Are you going to be overnight transit at Singapore, or do you have some business in town? If it is overnight transit of timeframe given I am wondering why going all the way to the city for the hotel? Can hotels around Changi will do for this purpose? I personally do not think it is worth making a trip to the city for this short period.

Because of Pan Pacific and Marina Mandarin hotels I do not thing Conrad has a room with 100% unobstructed view of entire Marina Bay. Typing from bay view room at Conrad Singapore right now...

evergrn likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 11:37 pm

I'm the opposite. City centre is so close that I go right in. Hotels and taxis are cheap, Conrad is nice for brekky and you can go to restaurants around or hawkers nearby.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor
I'm the opposite. City centre is so close that I go right in. Hotels and taxis are cheap, Conrad is nice for brekky and you can go to restaurants around or hawkers nearby.
I did feel that with the Jewel now open, staying around the airport overnight may no longer feel as silly - particularly if the CP Changi is significantly cheaper.
wantan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.