Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2003, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Outoftown,

Did you stay on a ALON award?
Old Jan 26, 2003, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
"For rental cars: AVIS had a walk-up manager's special on SUVs, which beat any AWD I threw at them and bested the reserved Alamo I had for the same Chevy 4WD by $60 for the week. It doesn't hurt to ask when you arrive."

What was the walk up rate you got?

On the late flight, sounds like we're on the same flights. Did you request a later checkout?

Are there bars by the pools and wait staff?
Old Jan 26, 2003, 1:38 pm
Original Member

What's the email for room requests at the Big Island Hilton? On an ALON in march, it sounds like the Ocean Tower and ocean view is the one to try for... Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2003, 1:40 pm

one question worth pondering as far as tower placement:

if you're Gold, do you get free health club access (wellness classes, limited spa, tennis courts, etc.) if you stay anywhere besides an Executive Floor?

when we were there last June, we stayed on an Exec floor (with Lounge access) in the Ocean Tower, and just gave them our room number when we arrived at the spa. just curious if they are extending this privlidge to all Golds regardless of room location, as this may be an additional fact to consider.
Old Jan 26, 2003, 7:29 pm

I stayed at the HWV from 1/19-1/25 on an ALON award (Gold member). Initially told that I was booked into a ground floor HHonors room in the Palace Tower. I requested an upgrade and received an ocean tower room with a good ocean view over the golf course. This side of the ocean tower was very quiet unlike the non-golf course side. Given 8 water bottle coupons and daily breakfast coupons (no lounge access). I don't know if the room upgrade was helped by being a repeat customer (paying last time). Was also given a welcoming fruit platter and free in-room fridge. On check-in, I was given a HHonors List that stated that members are given 2 bottled waters, first pot of in-room coffee, daily condensed NY Times, nightly turndown service, airline mileage, zip check out, extended 2pm check out with availability.
Diamond members receive complimentary use of facilities, locker rooms and workout rooms.

Silver and Gold receive discounted $10 facility fee for the locker room. I asked and was told that I could workout for free as a Gold, but no locker room or spa.

I ate breakfast daily at the Palm Terrace buffet. The other choice was the menu Orchid Cafe. The cold buffet could be upgraded to full buffet for $6. However, the cold selection was quite extensive and I upgraded on only about half the days. No advance notice of buffet upgrade was needed. If I liked the hot stuff, I just told them to upgrade at the end. We ate about $200 worth of random resort food during our stay which was average(none of the sit-down restaurants). Tried the Keei Cafe which was excellent (make a reservation - dinner only - and DON'T be late). Also tried Cafe Pesto (Hilo), Bamboo, Sam Choy's, Oodles of Noodles, Royal Jade Garden, Mauna Kea Sunday brunch. All are recommended.

I think the walking distance issue is overrated. HWV is like a maze. Once you figure out the shortcuts (mostly staying near the lava beach), you could walk from one edge of the place (ocean tower) to the other end (lagoon tower) in 10 min.

Overall, excellent vacation and treatment at HWV.

Off the subject, We stayed several days at the Hapuna Beach Prince in an ocean front room. HWV really doesn't compare to this place. HWV should be rated a full star lower.
Old Jan 26, 2003, 9:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
One last tip. If you are a costco member there is a costco 2 lights south of the airport with the cheapest gas on the Kona side of the island ($1.76 vs $2.06). Also they had all the nuts and munchies to take home cheap. Walmart was really cheap on the Kona coffee, check them out.
JudyJ

Sorry I missed the reps at the airport, must have missed them looking for my bags and car..
Old Jan 26, 2003, 11:48 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
FWIW, I did stay on an ALON. The Chevy 4WD Blazer was $220 for the week. Maybe I'm being picky about the gas prices, but we did put over 800 miles on the rental. Note that we were at the end of the second trail of yellow markers with all sorts of "Do not go past this point" signs when we saw a park ranger wave us over to where she was standing another 200 feet further up. That's where we saw the lava flowing.

Note that the latest extended checkout was 2pm, but due to a full hotel on the day we checked out we were told 1pm. Normal checkout time is 12noon.

[This message has been edited by outoftown (edited 01-26-2003).]
Old Jan 27, 2003, 12:08 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by outoftown:
...After our AA LAX to Kona-Kailua flight we noticed HWV reps at the airport, where you can do an advance check-in...</font>
Has anyone else seen these HWV reps at the Kona-Kailua airport? Is there a HWV booth/counter at the airport? Are they just free roaming around the airport like those cruise line reps you see at airports where waiting for cruise passengers at baggage claim?

Thanks,

Old Jan 27, 2003, 2:09 pm

Need Help: Waikoloa Village-Upgrade 2 Rooms?

I've searched the many posting on the Waikoloa Village, and I haven't found my answer. Here goes-I'm getting two rooms, one on an ALON award for me and my wife and daughter and paying for a room for my mother. Do you think they will space available upgrade both rooms for me? I'm gold if that helps. Thanks for any input.

Brian
Old Jan 27, 2003, 2:24 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
There's a booth with a sign on the back wall.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 3:21 pm

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdodd444:
... paying for a room for my mother. Do you think they will space available upgrade both rooms for me? </font>
Sign your mother up for one of the free gold offers and then her room should be upgraded due to her status. I wouldn't chance that they would upgrade two rooms for you - it seems that they are becoming stingier with the upgrades lately.

Old Jan 27, 2003, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nsx:
There's a booth with a sign on the back wall.</font>
Pardon what may be an obvious question (I have never been to KOA before), but where is the booth located? Near the baggage claim area, near the ticketing area, near the rental car counters etc.? Thanks for the help.

Old Jan 27, 2003, 8:37 pm

when you arrive at KOA, you'll smile at this question. about as small as you can get.

it's near baggage, i believe, but wasn't staffed when we were there. main thing is to print off their driving instructions as it's a bit confusing where to get off the highway.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by onedog:
Pardon what may be an obvious question (I have never been to KOA before), but where is the booth located? Near the baggage claim area, near the ticketing area, near the rental car counters etc.? Thanks for the help.

</font>
Old Jan 30, 2003, 10:34 am

Family of 5 (kids 13,12,10) staying in 2 rooms in March at $199/room/night (garden view) and very recent Hilton Honors member. Questions: How do I upgrade and likely cost? How do I get breakfast coupons? Suggested tower for family? Suggested tours for kids this age? Family restaurants? Prior posts have helped immensely...but...still seeking above info
Old Jan 30, 2003, 1:35 pm

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
FIFSLAW,

With your brood, I would suggest you try to stay at the Lagoon Tower - best access to kids water activities.

Go to the Flyertalk Hilton site to see if you can get quick upgrade to Gold status. It may help to call the Hilton line and beg.

We were there a few months ago for an ALON as a Gold and got upgraded to the Ocean Tower with Lounge priviledges, and it was perfect for us. When we arrived, was told we had a Lagoon Tower Cabana room with Breakfast Certificates. When we asked, the clerk really tried to do something, and came up with several options before he came up with what we got. We really appreciated his efforts! As people have stated, one downside to the Lagoon Tower is that you have to travel quite a bit to get breakfast - but it is nice travelling - walking or riding. It also seemed quicker to walk along the ocean to the Ocean Tower.

Enjoy!

DD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.