Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Glasgow {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:12 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Originally Posted by cjd
Had a one night stay here on Monday and given a newly refurbished room on the 14th floor. Room very similar to the pictures posted previously with very comfortable bed. Unfortunately there was problems with hot water in the morning and shower was only luke warm. Hotel apologised and gave us a reduction on the room rate and didn't charge us for car parking which was appreciated. The newly refurbished Executive Lounge only opened on Monday evening and was serving beers, wines and spirits from 6pm to 8pm. Canapes were also available to order. Erin in the lounge was very friendly and helpful and let us order from the restaurant and eat in the lounge. Full breakfast available in the morning. Other than the water problem, we enjoyed the stay
Staying here tonight, place is currently sold out. Seem to have been upgraded from a Queen room to a King. Managed to get a decent rate on points, glad I did as last week the "cheap" rooms were selling at £350+!!

Interesting they have reopening the lounge only on Monday's. Maybe they are just bedding things in. Is it in the original location, or have they ended up moving it as planned?
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:32 am
cjd

Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
Staying here tonight, place is currently sold out. Seem to have been upgraded from a Queen room to a King. Managed to get a decent rate on points, glad I did as last week the "cheap" rooms were selling at £350+!!

Interesting they have reopening the lounge only on Monday's. Maybe they are just bedding things in. Is it in the original location, or have they ended up moving it as planned?
Didn't realise that the Exec Lounge was only open on Mondays. We were told that it just reopened last Monday. It was very quiet with only about 8 people in the lounge. It's quite a few years since we were there and the last time the Exec lounge had moved from the top floor to a depressing windowless room downstairs on the ground floor. This new lounge was a very pleasant room with windows to the right of the "Tart and Lobster" sign. The breakfast area was to the left of that sign. The main restaurant was opposite the reception area. Hard to believe prices of £350!! We were told that we had a Queen bedded room but I was fairly sure it was a King bedded room. Beginning to wonder now what the Hilton UK definition of Queen and King beds are? I always thought King beds were 6ft(Super King) and Queen beds were 5ft(King) with Doubles as 4ft 6ins(Double).
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by cjd
Hard to believe prices of £350!!
TRNSMT festival on at Glasgow Green from Friday to Sunday. Estimated 50,000 (mainly youngsters) in attendance each day.

I suspect the festival name might prove to be ironic given the rise in Covid cases I expect to see reported in the coming weeks...
Old Sep 12, 2021, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by cjd
Didn't realise that the Exec Lounge was only open on Mondays. We were told that it just reopened last Monday.
Completely misread your initial post, sorry! It is indeed open all week now.

Rates were indeed TRNSMT related, some fun scenes in the bar at 12.30 this morning

Just back from this stay. Upgraded to a King room on the 14th floor which has had the refurb. Pictures below. Room is lovely, some snagging needed here and there but overall a very nice job. Baths are no more, at least on this room type. Hallways refurbed also, smells of fresh paint and new carpets as you come out of the lift.

Hilton Glasgow Refurbished Bathroom

Hilton Glasgow Refurbished Shower

Hilton Glasgow King Bed

Hilton Glasgow Refurbished King Room

Hilton Glasgow Refurbished Hallway

Executive Lounge

The Executive Lounge (as they call it) is the right hand side section of the restaurant.
They seem to serve drinks/snacks in there 6-8pm, but outside of that it's not really a lounge. I wandered down 4.30pm thinking I might get a coffee. There is nothing, no soft drinks, no tea/coffee making facilities, nothing. Just an empty restaurant. They've done nothing to it, it's literally as it was. At breakfast this morning it was used as normal for the breakfast service.

That to me isn't really a lounge at all. Hopefully this is a work in progress?
hugolover and richardhall99 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by lifetimeblue

Hilton Glasgow Refurbished Bathroom

Is it just the angle of your picture or is that toilet pan extremely near to the wall?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
Is it just the angle of your picture or is that toilet pan extremely near to the wall?
Odd angle I think, I don't remember it being all that close.
chrism20 likes this.

Last edited by lifetimeblue; Sep 14, 2021 at 8:07 am
Old Oct 16, 2021, 7:17 am

I asked about the lounge for an upcoming stay. Reply below. So the new location to ultimately be on floor 2.

"Our executive lounge is currently open. We serve our complimentary alcoholic drinks and food platters between 6pm and 8pm. The lounge is now located by the Breakfast Room. For the complimentary soft drinks and tea/coffee; we ask our Executive guests to request these from the Bar during the day.

The refurbishment that we are going through will continue into 2022 (we have a pause for the festive period). In the spring of 2022 it is planned for the public areas on level 2 to be redone and that will include the lounge. The lounge is due to reopen after then. "
Old Oct 16, 2021, 8:18 am

Level 2 is the lobby level... where the temporary lounge is now and where it was most recently.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 8:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by kkong42
Level 2 is the lobby level... where the temporary lounge is now and where it was most recently.
This made me think!

It’s been a while, but am I right in thinking that the car park is level 0 and 1, health club also on 1 ?
Old Oct 16, 2021, 10:26 am

Just to add - last weekend the bar had no CO2 so was not able to sell any draught drinks at all.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 10:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by kkong42
Just to add - last weekend the bar had no CO2 so was not able to sell any draught drinks at all.
Short stroll (on other side of motorway) to the excellent Bon Accord, excellent selection of cask ales and incredible collection of malt whiskies!
Old Oct 16, 2021, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing
Short stroll (on other side of motorway) to the excellent Bon Accord, excellent selection of cask ales and incredible collection of malt whiskies!
Yes, we did indeed go there...
adobbing and wizla like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All exec rooms and suites are refurbished, that's 18-20 inclusive, I think 17 might also be done.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 3:33 am

What’s the situation with the executive lounge looking like here right now?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its on the ground floor, near the bar, open 6-8PM and softs from the bar during the day
pazza2000 and wizla like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.